MNF - Jon Gruden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Re: MNF - Jon Gruden

you are right RipFace. I was hoping for Sanchez to throw an interception but he didn't and I was very disappointed. He is far from being a good QB but he's doing a pretty good job hanging in there. 

I think Grudon and most of these announcers are all full of crap. If I had my way I'd turn the sound off. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden:
    In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : Agreed. They sound like amatuers.  Gruden and Trico are routinely making mistakes, like on player names or penalities.  Jaws lets his team/player biases carry him away. The three of them (and others at Fox, CBS, NBC) are not brave enough to call out bad or lop-sided officiating.  You could have called the Jets for holding on almost every defensive and offensive play of the game last night,  but you didn't hear that from these three.  I know the league poo-poos that kind of analysis, but it is getting close to WWF out in the NFL.  Last year, it was for the Saints and Colts.  The year before, for the Steelers and Colts.  This year, for the Colts and the Jets. But to these talking heads, they dear not question the golden goose.
    Posted by chrisakawoody
    .....yeah, that Roger Goodell and Polian have those refs right by the b#lls.."Don't call anything on the Jets or Colts" So in 2007, and previous SB years, NO play by the Patriots could have been called for holding??? They were pure as snow and didn't commit any penalties at all?? Get real

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The only thing that bothers me about Gruden is when he gets the same player's name wrong repeatedly. As long as the announcers, hosts, analysts, what have you, maintain a good grasp of the english language i'm okay with most of what they say. It's the mush-mouthers that really get on my nerves and I have to say Shannon Sharpe is one of the worst offenders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

The whole crew on MNF is annoying, especially Gruden. I only tolerate them with the Pats play.
    Posted by PatsTxGrl

Has anyone every noticed that jon and jaws talk like this the entire time?....

Gruden: that right there is a ZX zone gap blitz, jawssss
    Ron: thats right, the quarterback had no chance, jonnnnnn
    Gruden: This qb is improving every week and showing great football IQ, jawsssss
    Ron: right again, his improvement is advancing, jonnnn

After every freaken thing they say, they follow with either jonnn or jawssss.  it is incredibly annoying.

worst mnf crew that i can remember.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : Not faulting him, just saying that just because you're picking on bad CBs that doesn't make you a good QB. He's a two play QB. Slant routes and throw the ball deep and let Braylon Edwards jump for it. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Sounds like the Pat's offense. So you don't like your offense? Of course you do, it's your team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : I hate him because he's a Jet, he's overrated and he's super annoying with his little running around after the team scores a TD. I think he's overrated because he's a, excuse me, 3 play QB that people are ready to anoint the next Peyton Manning. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Nice to see that you acknowledge P. Manning before TB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Listen RIP I get that you are a legit jets fan. No gripes here. Not hating. Sanchez's performance in the 2nd half MUST have had you worried. There were 2 BAD throws in 3rd and 4th quarters that SHOULD have been INT's. Right? Game changes right there. Pick 6 on one for sure. He had the football Gods with him last night. ahhhhh he got lucky. We all get lucky. Including TB.   But I think that is what most Pats fans on here are trying to say. Not hate the annoying antics of Sanchez, just telling you to tread lightly when you have performances consistantly like that from your QB. If that kid was on my team...I would be nervous. Call it the Cassel Syndrome. How about your coach throwing to stop the clock at the end and giving the ball back to the Vikings with 1:49 left!!!!!!!! Then Favre BLOWS the game....not on the INT...BUT on the over throw to Harvin. TOUCHDOWN, GAME OVER. Wait.......oh good throw Favre, thanks. Every Miami and New Eng fan just got SCREWED on that over throw. I am surprised alot more people have not talked about this today.
    Posted by MuellerTime19

The football gods would have settled for 5 TDs instead of FGs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Listen RIP I get that you are a legit jets fan. No gripes here. Not hating. Sanchez's performance in the 2nd half MUST have had you worried. There were 2 BAD throws in 3rd and 4th quarters that SHOULD have been INT's. Right? Game changes right there. Pick 6 on one for sure. He had the football Gods with him last night. ahhhhh he got lucky. We all get lucky. Including TB.   But I think that is what most Pats fans on here are trying to say. Not hate the annoying antics of Sanchez, just telling you to tread lightly when you have performances consistantly like that from your QB. If that kid was on my team...I would be nervous. Call it the Cassel Syndrome. How about your coach throwing to stop the clock at the end and giving the ball back to the Vikings with 1:49 left!!!!!!!! Then Favre BLOWS the game....not on the INT...BUT on the over throw to Harvin. TOUCHDOWN, GAME OVER. Wait.......oh good throw Favre, thanks. Every Miami and New Eng fan just got SCREWED on that over throw. I am surprised alot more people have not talked about this today.
    Posted by MuellerTime19

They did not call the illegal contact on Harvin on that play knocking Revis down. How did they miss that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : JOHN GRUDEN AND THE REST OF TH IDIOTS AT ESPN TALKS ABOUT HIM LIKE HE'S PEYTON MANNING. The amazing part is that just a month ago they were talking about how bad of a QB he is. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Managing and winning games changes opinions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : Agreed. They sound like amatuers.  Gruden and Trico are routinely making mistakes, like on player names or penalities.  Jaws lets his team/player biases carry him away. The three of them (and others at Fox, CBS, NBC) are not brave enough to call out bad or lop-sided officiating.  You could have called the Jets for holding on almost every defensive and offensive play of the game last night,  but you didn't hear that from these three.  I know the league poo-poos that kind of analysis, but it is getting close to WWF out in the NFL.  Last year, it was for the Saints and Colts.  The year before, for the Steelers and Colts.  This year, for the Colts and the Jets. But to these talking heads, they dear not question the golden goose.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

And you look like an amateur guitarist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

you are right RipFace. I was hoping for  Sanchez to throw an interception but he didn't and I was very disappointed. He is far from being a good QB but he's doing a pretty good job hanging in there.  I think Grudon and most of these announcers are all full of crap. If I had my way I'd turn the sound off. 
    Posted by NYPat

The remote's right there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

Have to disagree, I've heard Gruden talk up the Patriots a lot. He just concentrates on the team that has the ball at the time. and he criticized the Vikings for a good reason. They couln't control the blitzing and as he pointed out , they had two weeks to figure it out. And Farve was sloppy with the ball. I like listening to him, IMO they are the best announcers of the NFL games.
    Posted by NEGAME

I agree. Gruden is one of the better announcers who actuallys knows what he's talking about. I loved it when he evaulated all the young QB's on ESPN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Have to disagree, I've heard Gruden talk up the Patriots a lot. He just concentrates on the team that has the ball at the time. and he criticized the Vikings for a good reason. They couln't control the blitzing and as he pointed out , they had two weeks to figure it out. And Farve was sloppy with the ball. I like listening to him, IMO they are the best announcers of the NFL games.
    Posted by NEGAME

I have to agree. They seem to talk up whomever is doing good at that moment. In fact, last week against the Dolphins, i remember Gruden specifically saying how he wishes he could be Tom Brady. LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : I have to agree. They seem to talk up whomever is doing good at that moment. In fact, last week against the Dolphins, i remember Gruden specifically saying how he wishes he could be Tom Brady. LOL!....because he wanted Giselle, that's why
    Posted by moongirl

Sections
Shortcuts