Mock Draft. 4-29

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Mock Draft. 4-29

I have my doubts about BB finding a decent trade partner this year, but I'll project one here that might be a realistic possibility...

NE trades 29 & 206 (6th) for 47, 78, and 158

2nd Round

#47 (from DAL) Troy Niklas. TE.  ND

#55 (from CIN) Jeremiah Attaochu  OLB/DE  GA Tech

**NE trades 62, 130, & 198 to CIN for 55 and 239 (7th)**

3rd Round

#78 (from DAL)  Bishop Sankey  RB   UW 

#93  DaQuan Jones  DT  Penn St.

4th Round

#140 (Comp)  Shane Skov. LB  Stanford

5th Round

#158  (from DAL)  Brandon Coleman  WR  Rutgers

7th Round

#239 (from CIN)  Kenarious Gates  OG   Georgia

#244  Conner Shaw  QB  S. Carolina

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Mock Draft. 4-29

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I have my doubts about BB finding a decent trade partner this year, but I'll project one here that might be a realistic possibility...

Well, as far as trading 29 and 206 for three picks, they got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th last year just for 29, so this seems like a much less favorable trade.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, as far as trading 29 and 206 for three picks, they got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th last year just for 29, so this seems like a much less favorable trade.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think that is the type of compensation we can expect in this draft.  There will be good players available late, so I really don't foresee teams being overly motivated to move up.  Don't expect a haul like we got from MIN last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I agree with the added value this year of picks in rds 2-6 therefore expect less in the way of overall picks to be gained by trading back...if things worked out the way you guess, I'd be pretty happy with your proposed draft but might suggest that we do something to grab a viable SS somewhere, at least an Ahmad Black from Baylor or Craig Loston from LSU who might be available in rds 4-6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with the added value this year of picks in rds 2-6 therefore expect less in the way of overall picks to be gained by trading back...if things worked out the way you guess, I'd be pretty happy with your proposed draft but might suggest that we do something to grab a viable SS somewhere, at least an Ahmad Black from Baylor or Craig Loston from LSU who might be available in rds 4-6.

[/QUOTE]

Loston or Ahmed Dixon should be available when they get to their compensatory in the 4th round. They would both be a pretty good value pick at that spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Loston or Ahmed Dixon should be available when they get to their compensatory in the 4th round. They would both be a pretty good value pick at that spot.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  I really like Dixon.  I projected Skov there because I expect him to drop considerably after his horrid 40 time, but I think he is a good, instinctive LB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I feel we will not see any early round trades.... I also feel we have a good chance of hitting current year starters in the first 3 rounds....

29) Rashede Hageman DT This pick along with Armond Armstead may be the future of the Interior defensive line, making Kelly and even Wilfork expendable shortly...

62) Deone Bucannon SS Smart HARD hitting safety...He will be starting this year.....

93 Travis Swanson C/G  I believe he is NFL ready and will start imediately

All three picks will start this year...all three picks target an area of need and will solidify the DT position, the defensive back field, and offensive line..

The next 4 picks I see quality depth picks at both LB and OL...

130) Christian Jones ILB/OLB

140) Adrian Hubbard OLB

These two picks will solidify the back end of the LB corps

198) Andrew Norwell OT/OG

206) Russell Bodine  OG/C

With the last pick I am taking a shot at a risky player...

Richard Rodgers TE....he is able to play the Joker and half back role, although he has many red flags. If he can be motivated and is coachable he can a good addition to the TE corps...

This leaves us one position, the DE position which needs rotational depth to fill after the draft and before the season starts...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Updated Mock Draft 4/29/2014:

Round 1 - Dee Ford - DE Auburn

Round 2 - Bruce Ellington - WR South Carolina

Round 3 - CJ Fiedorowicz - TE Iowa

Round 4 - will Clarke - DE WVU

Round 4 - OL- Anthony Steen - OT Alabama

Round 6 - Connor Shaw - QB South Carolina

Round 7 - Tyler Gaffney - RB Stanford

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel we will not see any early round trades.... I also feel we have a good chance of hitting current year starters in the first 3 rounds....

29) Rashede Hageman DT This pick along with Armond Armstead may be the future of the Interior defensive line, making Kelly and even Wilfork expendable shortly...

62) Deone Bucannon SS Smart HARD hitting safety...He will be starting this year.....

93 Travis Swanson C/G  I believe he is NFL ready and will start imediately

All three picks will start this year...all three picks target an area of need and will solidify the DT position, the defensive back field, and offensive line..

The next 4 picks I see quality depth picks at both LB and OL...

130) Christian Jones ILB/OLB

140) Adrian Hubbard OLB

These two picks will solidify the back end of the LB corps

198) Andrew Norwell OT/OG

206) Russell Bodine  OG/C

With the last pick I am taking a shot at a risky player...

Richard Rodgers TE....he is able to play the Joker and half back role, although he has many red flags. If he can be motivated and is coachable he can a good addition to the TE corps...

This leaves us one position, the DE position which needs rotational depth to fill after the draft and before the season starts...

[/QUOTE]

This would be an amazing draft.  The first 3 picks would be terrific.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  I really like Dixon.  I projected Skov there because I expect him to drop considerably after his horrid 40 time, but I think he is a good, instinctive LB.

[/QUOTE]

Man...another senior moment if I got the name of Dixon wrong..sorry guys....I missed my afternoon nappie! YIKES!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think that is the type of compensation we can expect in this draft.  There will be good players available late, so I really don't foresee teams being overly motivated to move up.  Don't expect a haul like we got from MIN last year.

[/QUOTE]

I think I'd stand pat (or Pat...) in that case. Moving down that far and getting that little in return, plus tossing in a 7, doesn't seem all that exciting. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think I'd stand pat (or Pat...) in that case. Moving down that far and getting that little in return, plus tossing in a 7, doesn't seem all that exciting. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah if that's the best deal they can get they may very well decide to just keep their pick.  It all depends on who's on the board number 29.  If there's nobody there that they're crazy about then maybe it would be worth it to just add a couple pics and move back a little bit.  But of course if they love a prospect that is sitting there then you just make the pick and don't look back.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It really depends on where the run on QBs will be.  Right now it looks like the beginning of the 2nd round.  If a team want's to get the jump on a certain player there's a trade partner for ya.  Probably a team like Minnesota or Tennessee trying to get in front of the others to get their guy.  The problem is do you want to move out of #29 now with players sliding up the draft board meaning the #34 guy is now #31 or 30?  It also pushes the back part of round 2 down where I can see Niklas available at #62 without any movement. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really depends on where the run on QBs will be.  Right now it looks like the beginning of the 2nd round.  If a team want's to get the jump on a certain player there's a trade partner for ya.  Probably a team like Minnesota or Tennessee trying to get in front of the others to get their guy.  The problem is do you want to move out of #29 now with players sliding up the draft board meaning the #34 guy is now #31 or 30?  It also pushes the back part of round 2 down where I can see Niklas available at #62 without any movement. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Niklas will be there at 62, just my opinion.