Mock Draft 4/5/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Mock Draft 4/6/14 *2nd Round Added*

Just taking a quick stab at this...

1)  HOU  Jadeveon Clowney  DE  S. Carolina

2)  STL  Greg Robinson  OT  Auburn

3)  JAX  Johnny Manziel  QB  A&M

4)  CLE  Sammy Watkins  WR  Clemson

5)  OAK  Jake Matthews  OT  A&M

6)  ATL  Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  S  Bama

7)  TB  Khalil Mack  OLB  Buffalo

8)  MIN  Blake Bortles  QB  UCF

9)  BUF  Mike Evans  WR  A&M

10)  DET  Justin Glibert  CB  OK St.

11)  TEN  Louis Nix III   NT   ND

12)  NYG  Anthony Barr  DE  UCLA

13)  STL  Calvin Pryor  S  Louisville

14)  CHI  Taylor Lewan  OT  Michigan

15)  PIT  Kelvin Benjamin  WR  FSU

16)  DAL  Kony Ealy  DE  Mizzu

17)  BAL  Darqueze Dennard  CB  Mich St

18)  NYJ  Eric Ebron  TE  UNC

19)  MIA  Xavier Su'a-Filo  OL   UCLA

20)  ARI  Dee Ford  DE/OLB  Auburn

21)  GB  Marquise Lee  WR  USC

22)  PHI  Jeremiah Attaochu  DE/OLB  GA Tech

23)  KC  CJ Mosely  LB  Bama

24)  CIN  Zack Martin  OL  ND

25)  SD  Kyle Fuller  CB  VA Tech

26)  CLE  Derek Carr  QB  Fresno St.

27)  NO  Aaron Donald  DT  Pitt

28)  CAR  Brandin Cooks  WR  Oregon St

29)  NE  Ryan Shazier  OLB  Ohio St.

30)  SF  David Yankey  OL  Stanford

31)  Den  Jason Verett  CB  TCU

32)  SEA  Austin Seferian-Jenkins  TE  UW

33)  HOU  Teddy Bridgewater   QB  Louisville

34)  WAS  Kyle Van Noy   LB   BYU

35)  CLE  Trent Murphy   DE   Stanford

36)  OAK  Timmy Jernigan  DT   FSU

37)  ATL  Re'Shede Hageman  DT  Minn

38)  TB  Morgan Moses  OT  UVA

39)  JAX  Odell Beckman Jr   WR   LSU

40)  MIN  Stephon Tuitt   DE   ND

41)  BUF  Shayne Skov  LB  Stanford

42)  TEN  Troy Niklas  TE  ND

43)  NYG  Jayce Amaro  TE   TX Tech

44)  STL  Bradley Roby  CB  Ohio St

45)  DET  Cyrus Kouandjio  OT  Bama

46)  PIT  Lamarcus Joyner  CB  FSU

47)  DAL  Kelcy Quarles  DT  S. Carolina

48)  BAL  Gabe Jackson  OL  Miss St

49)  NYJ  Carlos Hyde  RB  Ohio St

50)  MIA  Scott Crichton  DE  Oregon St.

51)  CHI  Dominique Easly  DE  FLA

52)  AZ  Bishop Sankey  RB  UW

53)  GB  Deone Bucannon  S  Wazzu

54)  PHI  Paul Richardson  WR  Colorado

55)  CIN  Marcus Martin  C  USC

56)  SF  Allen Robinson  WR  Penn St.

57)  SD  Brandon Thomas  OG  Clemson

58)  NO  Marcus Smith  DE  Louisville

59)  IND  Davante Adams  WR  Fresno St

60)  CAR  Stanley Jean-Baptiste  CB  Nebraska

61)  SF  DaQuan Jones  DT  Penn St

62)  NE  CJ Fiedorowicz  TE  Iowa

63)  DEN  AJ McCarron  QB  Bama

64)  SEA  Keith McGill  CB  Utah

What do you all think?  I have Teddy Bridgewater sliding out of the 1st.  I think his light frame might scare teams.  I bet Belichick would be begging for a trade-back in this situation, but I think he may have a hard time finding a trade partner this year.  Deep draft, and those 3rd/4th/5th Rounders could be pretty valuable.  I don't think many teams will be willing to part with those mid round picks to move up.  I really like Shazier, if he is still there.  In the 2nd, many will probably feel that it is too early to NE to draft Fiedorowicz, and it may in fact be a bit of a reach.  He would be the best TE available by a long-shopt, however, and a great fit for what they like to do.  He won't last till #93.  There is still good DT players to be found deeper in this draft.  Feedback/criticism certainly encouraged!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Mock Draft 4/5/14

Drafts are so diifficult to predict but your mock might be just as good as any. My only preference would be Yankey at 29 if he is still there. Tough kid with a mean streak. IMHO the base of every team starts in the trenches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Drafts are so diifficult to predict but your mock might be just as good as any. My only preference would be Yankey at 29 if he is still there. Tough kid with a mean streak. IMHO the base of every team starts in the trenches.

He would certainly be worth the pick there.  I would definitaly not argue with a Blue-Chip OL addition at any point.  I just think that there will be quality Guards available a little later, but Shazier is a special athlete.  Probably won't find a guy like him later in the draft.  Still, a guy like Yankey, Su'a-Filo, or Martin would be a great use of the pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Nice list.

No love for Hageman?   I don't think he makes it out of the 1st round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Donald get past Dallas I'll be surprised. Pats should jump up then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

He would certainly be worth the pick there.  I would definitaly not argue with a Blue-Chip OL addition at any point.  I just think that there will be quality Guards available a little later, but Shazier is a special athlete.  Probably won't find a guy like him later in the draft.  Still, a guy like Yankey, Su'a-Filo, or Martin would be a great use of the pick.

Just my preference only because I think Yankey is a guy who can be a pro bowler that you can plug into that spot for the next 10 years. You are probably right... they should take a playmaker there if they feel Shazier is that type of player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Maybe I'm wrong but, didn't Nix and Tuitt get a beatdown by the Alabama Offensive Line a couple of years ago?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

It looks pretty consistent with others.  I would prefer TE Austin Serefain-Jenkins though, or Tuitt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

That's a pretty good mock. Nice work.

I like Yankey as well, if he's there. I'd be happy with that pick. I could see Bill taking CJ Mosley if he's available. He loves Saban players.

If you're referring to C Marcus Martin then I'd love for NE to draft him. Not sure if he's considered a first rounder or an early second.

I hope I'm wrong but I see NE trading out of the first this year. It's difficult to tell how much value BB puts in a late first rounders. I think they've got specific players in mind for specific holes to fill and if they're not available, BB will trade the 29th pick. Again, I hope Im wrong.  Watching for hours only to see NE trade out is frustrating!  Go Pats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Biggest thing I think is ATL passing on Khalil Mack reaching on HaHa wont happen...

Nix at 11 is bit high but very well possible!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

That's a pretty good mock. Nice work.

I like Yankey as well, if he's there. I'd be happy with that pick. I could see Bill taking CJ Mosley if he's available. He loves Saban players.

If you're referring to C Marcus Martin then I'd love for NE to draft him. Not sure if he's considered a first rounder or an early second.

I hope I'm wrong but I see NE trading out of the first this year. It's difficult to tell how much value BB puts in a late first rounders. I think they've got specific players in mind for specific holes to fill and if they're not available, BB will trade the 29th pick. Again, I hope Im wrong.  Watching for hours only to see NE trade out is frustrating!  Go Pats. 

I was actually referring to Zack Martin, on the slim chance that he lasts until 29.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

What do you all think?  I have Teddy Bridgewater sliding out of the 1st.  I think his light frame might scare teams.  I bet Belichick would be begging for a trade-back in this situation, but I think he may have a hard time finding a trade partner this year.  Deep draft, and those 3rd/4th/5th Rounders could be pretty valuable.  I don't think many teams will be willing to part with those mid round picks to move up.  I really like Shazier, if he is still there.  I may add a 2nd Round in a day or two, but this is my best guess for the 1st.  Feedback/criticism certainly encouraged!

I'd love for the Pats to get Shazier at 29th pick--then draft DL-TE/WR-Oline-Safety/RB(best available -then another DL or OL (best available)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

The more I look at the Pats make up -I think they'd be wise to pick 1 LB then with the rest of the picks take all Lineman both defensive and Offensive! With the CBs we picked up in free agency the only thing the Pats are missing is get after the QB Defensive front 7 - load up boys and the Pats will look very similar to the SeaHawks--then grab some big nasty Offensive lineman to Pound the ball so Brady can play action his Asse of--what do ya think fellas?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Pats will trade back before they select Shazier!  Anyone selected in the first round has to be a starter by the 6th game of the season and Shazier is not going to beat out Collins, Hightower or Mayo.  Pats trade this pick to a team that wants a QB for their 2nd round pick and their 5th (Pats have no 5th round pick).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Pats will trade back before they select Shazier!  Anyone selected in the first round has to be a starter by the 6th game of the season and Shazier is not going to beat out Collins, Hightower or Mayo.  Pats trade this pick to a team that wants a QB for their 2nd round pick and their 5th (Pats have no 5th round pick).

This sounds about right as long as the team trying to trade back in is in the first 5 picks in round two, anyone after that would have to sweetin the pot like Minnesota did last year ponying up 3 picks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I dont think Cleveland takes a QB in the first round. They like Hoyer and they should. The players liked him. They need help on the OL bad. McQuistain is a nice addition but they need to bolster depth.

If they go Wr at 4 then OL at 26. Its not too long after they get to pick again if they want QB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The QB picks are going to be hard to predict.  Right after Bridgewater's bad pro day all the teams that needed a QB went out and got one in FA.  I thought that this sent out a clear message that there isn't a team out there real happy with these group of QBs.  I my opionion there are better players to be had in the top 5 than the QB group.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

The QB picks are going to be hard to predict.  Right after Bridgewater's bad pro day all the teams that needed a QB went out and got one in FA.  I thought that this sent out a clear message that there isn't a team out there real happy with these group of QBs.  I my opionion there are better players to be had in the top 5 than the QB group.

You could be right. Al Fronczak of East Coast Sports only has Carr taken with Cleveland's 2nd first round pick!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

What do you all think?  I have Teddy Bridgewater sliding out of the 1st.  I think his light frame might scare teams.  I bet Belichick would be begging for a trade-back in this situation, but I think he may have a hard time finding a trade partner this year.  Deep draft, and those 3rd/4th/5th Rounders could be pretty valuable.  I don't think many teams will be willing to part with those mid round picks to move up.  I really like Shazier, if he is still there.  I may add a 2nd Round in a day or two, but this is my best guess for the 1st.  Feedback/criticism certainly encouraged!

I think you got Nix going waaaay to early (most "professional mocks" have him falling to the 2nd round). Its clear you read to much Mike Reiss with your Shazier pick! lol good mock, thanks for posting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I think you got Nix going waaaay to early (most "professional mocks" have him falling to the 2nd round). Its clear you read to much Mike Reiss with your Shazier pick! lol good mock, thanks for posting.

Lol!  I did see that suggestion by Reiss, but I was pretty high on NE drafting Shazier before I saw that.  Lots of discussion about it on the draft thread the past couple of months.  I think Nix goes a lot higher than many expect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Everytime I see Shazier all I can see is a potential Probowl Strong Safety.  A lot of players get moved around when making the transition from college to pro and I think this kid might be a little light in the rear for a Outside Linebacker. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Lol!  I did see that suggestion by Reiss, but I was pretty high on NE drafting Shazier before I saw that.  Lots of discussion about it on the draft thread the past couple of months.  I think Nix goes a lot higher than many expect.

I was gonna say, no offense to Reiss, but we've been discussing Shazier for months.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Everytime I see Shazier all I can see is a potential Probowl Strong Safety.  A lot of players get moved around when making the transition from college to pro and I think this kid might be a little light in the rear for a Outside Linebacker. 

I think he makes and impact as a scheme diverse backer that brings a bit of edge rush and coverage ability (also a very good ST player).  He's plenty big to play the will or weakside at 6-1 237 pounds and should be a playmaking, four down weapon for the team that drafts him.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

I think he makes and impact as a scheme diverse backer that brings a bit of edge rush and coverage ability (also a very good ST player).  He's plenty big to play the will or weakside at 6-1 237 pounds and should be a playmaking, four down weapon for the team that drafts him.  

I see him listed on some sites as 229.  Which is why SS came to mind, esepceially when I saw his athletism and play.  If he was going to play OL, the problem with playing with the Pats is that it would greatly reduce his playing time as we rarely have more than 3 LB's on the field at the same time, and the 3 we do have are way too good to sit on the bench.  Converting him to SS, at least initially gives him the opportunity to beat out Harmon as a starter and getting him major play time.  It also is in keeping with BB being that mad scientist who has always been trying to make that Tank Williams style of SS that is more of a light linebacker. 

Of course, we're talking about BB here.  So maybe Mayo goes inside, Hightower gets shifted to Defensive End, and Shazier can start on the outside.  Regardless, his drafting would open up some interesting rotational options. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Added a 2nd Round.

Sections
Shortcuts