Mock Draft Round 1 Top 5 (and patriots round 1 & round 2 picks)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Mock Draft Round 1 Top 5 (and patriots round 1 & round 2 picks)

1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma- Rams should know Clausen is better, but clearly they believe that Bradford's shoulder is just fine. Reminds me of Alex Smith in 2005 as #1 over Aaron Rodgers.
    2. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State- acquired corey williams so clearly they want Okung. Makes sense because they need to prevent injury from Stafford's blind side so his career won't be ruined.
    3. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska- Wow things have changed. people were saying that tampa wouldn't have a shot at McCoy or Suh before the Rams and Lions began thinking right. Suh is the pick, because he's the more dominant overall defensive lineman.
    4. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame- Shannahan's gonna love this kid. Smart instincts, cannon of an arm, and most important NO SHOULDER SURGERY! Bradford should be here and Clausen should be Number 1. But hey, tough break Rams fans.
    5. Bruce Campbell OT Maryland- second best OT in the draft. great hands, smart instincts, and beautiful footwork. Cassel needs true protection.

PATRIOTS

22. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan- what can you say? He's the perfect fit in our scheme. HE'S EVEN PREPARED FOR THE PATRIOTS DEFENSIVE SYSTEM (sorry don't have a link, but look it up its there). Brings pass rush, a fill-in for the expected cut of Adalius Thomas, and truly loves football. All the stuff BB wants in a linebacker.

44. Ryan Mathews HB Fresno State- Most underrated pick in the draft comes right here folks. Mathews to me is better than Best, mainly because he brings terrific athleticism, speed, versatility, and toughness. Reminds me of a young Brian Westbrook.

47. Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson- Now assuming they draft Graham, drafting Sapp would mainly be to fill Jarvis Green's shoes (and btw, I think McDaniels has gone bonkers paying Green 4 years 20 mill). Again, another underrated pick. I think in the weakest draft in NFL history, Sapp would AT LEAST be in the top 10.

53. Damian Williams WR USC- I'm bonkers over this pick. Williams is the second coming of Percy Harvin, and would be that next awsome offensive weapon that the Pats could use to their advantage. Could play alongside Moss when Welker returns.

Now for those of you who wonder why didn't I put a TE in one of these picks, its because I think they want to fill that hole through free agency. They tried to sign Mills, and another TE from San Diego. They were unsuccessful, but more TEs from free agency have visited here, indicating they want that situtation to be done now, not later.

PLEASE COMMENT! Lets hear your opinions!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Mock Draft Round 1 Top 5 (and patriots round 1 & round 2 picks)

You forgot Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma in your top 5.

As for your mock:

22- Love Graham and he is popular among a lot of mocks, but BB hasn't shown the willingness to take a short hybrid player early in the draft.

45- I also love Mathews as a player, good size, speed an production, but think he'll be gone before 45.

48-  Sapp wreaks of bust to me.

53- I'm not big on Willams and really wouldn't compare him to Percy Harvin.  Harvin is one of the most versatile, dynamic young offense players in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

In Response to Re: Mock Draft Round 1 Top 5 (and patriots round 1 & round 2 picks):
    You forgot Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma in your top 5. As for your mock: 22- Love Graham and he is popular among a lot of mocks, but BB hasn't shown the willingness to take a short hybrid player early in the draft. 45- I also love Mathews as a player, good size, speed an production, but think he'll be gone before 45. 48-  Sapp wreaks of bust to me. 53- I'm not big on Willams and really wouldn't compare him to Percy Harvin.  Harvin is one of the most versatile, dynamic young offense players in the NFL.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

The only team that McCoy might go to in the Top 5 is Tampa Bay. Redskins want a QB, Rams want a QB, Lions want an OT, and Kansas City wants an OT for Cassel. Thats why I didn't put McCoy in the top five selections.

I compare Williams to Harvin in the sense that they both are very dynamic to me. Any BC football fan seeing that game vs USC (I watched it) saw just what Williams can really do. Still, youre right that Harvin is probably more dynamic and runs better routes, so maybe he's not QUITE at that level. But if there is anybody who has the potential to be the next Percy Harvin type offensive player, its Him and C.J. Spiller (who I'm a big fan of)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

ifya goRB,go with gerhart, punding bruising running back to wear down a "D"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Matthews is a consensus first round pick now.  The Texans would consider him at 20 and likely have him rated higher than Spiller.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Sorry Im passing on these projected OLB's , way to many bust the last 5-6 years. This draft isnt as deep as everyone would like to believe. The top 15-18 picks could be really special with guys like Okung , Suh , McCoy , Berry , Haden , McClain and Thomas. But I only see about 20 true first rounders in this class , its great to be in the second round this year. I hate the way we trade down sometimes just for fun , but if we cant get a stud or if someone doesnt fall Id trade out and try and get into the early second(33-36). I really dont see anything that special about the OLB's this year , none stand out from the next. They all scream second round to me. This would be a good year to trade up a couple spots and grab a McClain , Thomas or Haden. Besides teams will lay off the OLB position this year , most of these guys will be there in the second.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I agree and have been saying that Okung will go 2. With him at LT they can move Backus and actually have a pretty solid line for years to come. I also think that either Bradford or Clausen will go 1 , the Rams just got Feely to play a year. Clearly their gone pave the way for a young QB. Im still not sure if Suh or McCoy will go to TB , their both versatile and can play 2 positions(McCoy Nt or 3 tech in a 43/Suh 3 tech in 43 or 5 tech in a 34) and both are ready to step right in and make a big impact. Even though both have crazy skills right now, I really think both still have tremendous upside. They can get stronger , faster etc and both seem to have a will and want to be the best. I dont see Wash going after a QB , there line is in shambles and have many big needs at O-line , I/OLB , rec , RB and dont forget their switching to a 3-4 and need someone to play the 5 technique. I see them trading out to someone else who wants a QB. And sorry I have to disagree , respectfully of coarse , but think your way off on Cambell. First off hes nowhere near being the #2 OT , not even close. The tape on him doesnt lie and right now hes average at best , his only upside is that he has upside LOL. He looks great in shorts , but plays up/down to his competition and has only started 17 games in his college career. Seriously this guy just isnt that good right now , the only shot he has at the top ten is hoping Uncle Al is sipping from his druel cup again and makes another huge mistake(DHB). After that its late first round for him. Bulaga , Williams and Davis are miles ahead of this guy.
    As for the PATS pick I really dont like the 22 spot , I hate they way we seem to trade down sometimes just for the fun of it , but if we cant get a stud Id trade to early second or trade up 5-6 spots to grab a real player. Ive been scraeming about Earl Thomas for 2 years and think hes on Berrys level , I actually think Thomas might even be a more solid guy when it comes to wrapping up and tackling. I love this guy and wish he was under the rader , but what can you do? Im a huge McClain fan as well , S and ILB are BIG BIG needs for this team. All the TV and sportscenter PATS fans just talk about pass rush which is a huge need , but I dont like any of the projected OLBs enough to take at 22. Dont get me wrong , Graham , Hughes , Kindle etc all could be real players , but none stand out to me. Teams will lay off these guys early , most will be there in the second. Another guy who is worth watching is Weatherspoon , hes a versatile , smart , athletic tough kid who has real potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Mock Draft Round 1 Top 5 (and patriots round 1 & round 2 picks):
    ifya goRB,go with gerhart, punding bruising running back to wear down a "D"
    Posted by vinniedonuts1

I don't think the clock killing pounding backs really exist any more.  The game is too physical now and nobody can stand up to that sort of impact play after play.  Look at Brandon Jacobs, he's almost done and how long did he last?  Adrian Peterson is already showing signs of decline.  There will never be the likes of a Walter Payton again, the league has changed really just in the last 5 years or so.  You need a committee. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofos. Show jofos's posts

I'd be very happy with that draft but think Graham is going top 15! I also wouldn't mind seeing D. Thomas (WR-G.Tech) or TE Gronkowski (future Witten) on the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma- Rams should know Clausen is better, but clearly they believe that Bradford's shoulder is just fine. Reminds me of Alex Smith in 2005 as #1 over Aaron Rodgers.
    Agree with pick, they can't win without a QB
    2. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State- acquired corey williams so clearly they want Okung. Makes sense because they need to prevent injury from Stafford's blind side so his career won't be ruined.
    Although they need OL help getting one of the two best DTs in recent history is too much to pass up, they pick Suh.  Their Dl needs are far greater than a tackle.
    3. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska- Wow things have changed. people were saying that tampa wouldn't have a shot at McCoy or Suh before the Rams and Lions began thinking right. Suh is the pick, because he's the more dominant overall defensive lineman.
    They get McCoy because Suh is gone to Detroit
    4. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame- Shannahan's gonna love this kid. Smart instincts, cannon of an arm, and most important NO SHOULDER SURGERY! Bradford should be here and Clausen should be Number 1. But hey, tough break Rams fans.
    good pick here.
    5. Bruce Campbell OT Maryland- second best OT in the draft. great hands, smart instincts, and beautiful footwork. Cassel needs true protection.
    Don't know where Campbell is the second best ot but that's not even close to been a fact.  He will go to the raiders because they value the combine more than tape or technic.

PATRIOTS

22. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan- what can you say? He's the perfect fit in our scheme. HE'S EVEN PREPARED FOR THE PATRIOTS DEFENSIVE SYSTEM (sorry don't have a link, but look it up its there). Brings pass rush, a fill-in for the expected cut of Adalius Thomas, and truly loves football. All the stuff BB wants in a linebacker.
    Love the pick.
    44. Ryan Mathews HB Fresno State- Most underrated pick in the draft comes right here folks. Mathews to me is better than Best, mainly because he brings terrific athleticism, speed, versatility, and toughness. Reminds me of a young Brian Westbrook.
    Good pick, he is a playmaker and would help take some pressure from TB get the Pats a real shot at a 1,000 yard rusher
    47. Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson- Now assuming they draft Graham, drafting Sapp would mainly be to fill Jarvis Green's shoes (and btw, I think McDaniels has gone bonkers paying Green 4 years 20 mill). Again, another underrated pick. I think in the weakest draft in NFL history, Sapp would AT LEAST be in the top 10.
    The only way Sapp could replace JG is if he added another 50lbs to his frame.  He is not a 34 DE he's an OLB.  I agree with mb too many questions on this kid.
    53. Damian Williams WR USC- I'm bonkers over this pick. Williams is the second coming of Percy Harvin, and would be that next awsome offensive weapon that the Pats could use to their advantage. Could play alongside Moss when Welker returns.
    He is a completely different player than what harvin is but I like the pick.

Now for those of you who wonder why didn't I put a TE in one of these picks, its because I think they want to fill that hole through free agency. They tried to sign Mills, and another TE from San Diego. They were unsuccessful, but more TEs from free agency have visited here, indicating they want that situtation to be done now, not later.

PLEASE COMMENT! Lets hear your opinions!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

If the Pats get those 4 guys I'd be very surprised and ecstatic !!!

Sections
Shortcuts