Mock Drafts say we are going to take..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Mock Drafts say we are going to take..

Pats 7393: There are no less than 8 OLB's of the same quality,here are their rankings as of 1/1/10.Graham Mich,Sapp Clemson,Kindle TX,Weatherspoon Missouri,Hughes TCU,Muckelroy TX,Schofield Wisconson,Watson Fla ST,and then comes John Pierre-Paul USF...Conversely there are only 5 quality ILB's Spikes Fla,Lee Penn St.,Washington TCU,Sharpeton U-Miami,and the late addition McClain Alabama. Also there are 3 DE's who project as OLB's Alem LSU,Hardy Mississippi,and Selvie USF.....Thats a total of 16 LB's who will be available and those are just the guys who are ranked,there are always players who don't make a scouts list due to being over looked.So what I'm trying to say is that it's OK if BB trades out of the first round cause he needs more bodies to choose from.Another area of this years draft besides the Defensive front 7 which is deep is the Offensive tackle position where there are no less than 8 really top tier players.All in all this is the deepest draft in years and the more picks BB has the better his team will be for the next 5 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think so, I also think it won't be the first two picks.  You left out some good ones that should be considered as 2nd (except corey he's a 4th rounder, projected)

Greg Hardy 6'5" 255
    Everson Griffen 6'3" 265 (runs 4.5 40)
    George Selvie 6'4" 245
    Willie Young 6'4" 240
    Corey Wooton 6'6" 270

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

True that a lot of the mock drafts list Jerry Hughe's as our first pick, but I'm not sure that will happen.  While he has been a tremendous pass rusher in college, I'm not sure his style of play is going to transfer well to pro and he's prone to crumble when people are rushing him on run plays.  BB has a real challenge in this draft as we can't afford to pick potential stars that we can groom this year.  We need immediate impact starters and I'm not sure I see any players you can bank on and blue chip outside of the top 10.  The rest will be hit or miss, your guess as good as mine. 

We NEED : Pass Rushing Demon
    We NEED : Better Run Stopping
    We NEED : A Second Receiver (Wes probably won't be back this year regardless of how much rah rah positive stuff you hear). 

That's a lot of need and BB has yet to really impress me when he's left soley to his own devices on grocery shopping day. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

The guy wont be born for another 40 years why would we want him?

Jason Paul-Pierre | Defensive Lineman

Bill's already  worked out a trade from no. 22 for Oakland's 2050 1st rounder and a third this year....

TEAM: College Player
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT:6'6' / 265
    DOB:1/1/2050
    COLLEGE:South Florida

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Like I said someplace else out there in cyber land, maybe someone makes an offer for Wilfork or Mankins and they are willing to overpay! Do you trade one or both of these guys? Because they are Restricted all you have to do is designate them as tendered and you automatically get for Wilfork 2 number 1's,and if you allow the other to leave you are looking at 1rst and 3rd rd draft picks and Gowokotski is also a restricted FA also.You could conceiveably receive 4 first rd picks and 2 3rd rd.pks.if they all hit the road...Could you just see the shape of the draft change in your favor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1st Rd Mike Iupati OG, Idaho!!!!!!!!! (if we can get him in the 27-32 range and pick up a 3rd rd pick all the better)

Cut Thomas and Light, don't bring back Neal

Sign LT McNeill, DE/OLB Peppers and ILB Bullock

trade a 2nd rd pick for a WR (Bouldin or very unlikely give it up w/ our 7th if restricted FA Marshall is allowed to sign w/ us), but if Golden Tate is there just take him over Bouldin

use other two 2nd rd picks on an pass rusher to split time with Banta-Cain and then phase him out and then a CB

Use the 4th rd pick on a 3-4 DE 

Keep Wilfork, Mankins, Bodden, Green, Faulk and Watson (unless Gresham falls close to our 2nd rd pick, then move up and get him)

Give Maroney one more chance, hope for Mark Ingram in '11 w/ Raiders pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I've seen Iupati as a possible pick at #22 for a while now. If Neal goes (which I have a gut feeling that he will), then Iupati becomes much more likely, provided that no free agent is signed to replace him (a la Jahari Evans) prior to the draft.

Moving on to OLB, the great thing about Hughes is that many of his problems are fixable. When I watch Hughes play, I see a player that has great physical talent and a natural nose for pressure. Getting to the quarterback just comes naturally for some players, and I see Hughes as that type of player. As I've said before, Hughes' greatest asset is his speed. When he gets a step on his man, he's awfully tough to catch up to.

However, Hughes' greatest asset is conjoined with his greatest fault. When Hughes gets locked up with a lineman, Hughes doesn't usually get away from him, as he is rather lacking in the department of pass-rushing moves and technique (he doesn't use his hands very well, as Z mentioned earlier). But, as I and others have pointed out, his technique is the only major flaw in his game, and (provided that he isn't a headcase), technique is correctable (especially so in our case, due to a certain coach that bears the surname Belichick). The one thing that keeps me from viewing Hughes as the ideal pick for that Pats is his size (6' 2") - I don't know how Belichick will view that number.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

If we take a OG, I think it will be M Pouncey.  He can play center, and both guard spots, something BB loves in his linemen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I'm also intrigued by Vladimir Ducasse, the OG out of UMass. He's an absolute mammoth of a human being. Mike Reiss had a good write-up of him over on ESPNBoston.