Mock junkies post them here haters come critique

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Post your mock, assume the Pats keep all their picks or take a guess to who they can trade up or down.

#23 James Laurinaitis ILB
    #34 OLB-Clay Matthews OLB (or Connor Barwin)
    #47 Patrick Chung S
    #58 Ramses Barden WR
    #89 Lawrence Sidbury DE
    #97 Gerald Cadogan OL (to play LT)
    4th Rnd Dominique Johnson CB
    5th Rnd Pierre Banks S
    6th Rnd Worrel Williams ILB
    6th Rnd Tyler Roehl RB
    7th Rnd Alex Boone OL

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]

Let's face it. The Pats aren't going to use all of those picks this year and this opens up so many scenarios. The first thing that I would do is package a couple of picks to get Maualuga. But he would have to get by Denver first. If Maualuga isn't there I can see pick #34 getting traded for a next year's 1st rounder. This would require a buyer of course which is a mixed bag in itself. Overall, I would like to see an agressive draft by the Pats where they use the draft picks to get quality to fill their holes. Everyone has mentioned them...OT, LB and safety.

[/Quote]
    This article breaks somewhat the two best ILBs, it's an older article but informative.

Here's my question? What's the infatuation with RM? You get just as good run stopper in JL, but JL is a much better ILB in coverage. In a 3-4 defence the ILB will be dropping a bit covering RBs and TEs. The best fit here is JL and most important the Pats don't have to jump to 15 to get him and also RM might not have the smarts to play in a BB D.

I think the guy is a great prospect but for the value give me JL, who has also lined up in the outside in college and has the speed to make the transition if that's where BB wants him this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27601-hardcore-headbangers-james-laurinaitis-or-rey-maualuga-best-linebacker-in-2008

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

What's interesting is that Chung is back in the picture. I still believe the Pats will take an O Lineman in the 1st three rounds. Unless anyone thinks that Shawn Springs is the answer at SS (as opposed to Harrison or Sanders) I still think SS is a position the Pats brass could address. The one caveat in completing mocks is that BB will trade up, down or out. I am about 80 to 90% certain this will happen; I just don't know where or when (probably draft day) it will happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Let's face it. The Pats aren't going to use all of those picks this year and this opens up so many scenarios. The first thing that I would do is package a couple of picks to get Maualuga. But he would have to get by Denver first. If Maualuga isn't there I can see pick #34 getting traded for a next year's 1st rounder. This would require a buyer of course which is a mixed bag in itself. Overall, I would like to see an agressive draft by the Pats where they use the draft picks to get quality to fill their holes. Everyone has mentioned them...OT, LB and safety.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]Do you really think that the Patriots will select 3 consecutive defensive players? Without addressing their need for a LT until the end of the 3rd round?Also I like Sean Smith over Chung. Cadogan can be had in the 4th RD. and since we are talking BB I think Rey Maulaluga gets selected if available at #23 but I do think you have Matthews right. Barden at #97 would be a reach but good value.BB really likes Pat White and they may take him at #89 like I sais BB likes him not me.At #58 at the very latest a LT winds up in NE...[/Quote]
    I think defense is a higher priority so yes, for the value in the 3rd they get their tackle unless they use 34 but if Matthes or Barwin are still on the board one will be drafted. I agree that left tackle should be a priority but if we don't pick one can we still make it to the SB? Yes, if we don't get younger and upgrade the pass rush can we still get there? offcourse but it will be a harder road. Gerald Cadogan is moving up the board he might not be there in the third.
    As far as CB, we drafted two, one that finished strong last year and their 2nd round finish on IR but he will be improved. Safety is needed now, Chung will be Harrison's replacement. Hard hitter than can come into the box. And I don't know if I would call a 6'6 227lb 4.50 50 WR a reach at 57 but I see your point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

23 -- Clay Matthews
    34 -- Hakeem Nicks
    47 -- Evander Hood or Ron Brace or Tyson Jackson or Jarron Gilbert
    58 -- William Moore or DJ Moore, Patrick Chung
    98 -- Kory Sheets

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I guess my hope is we get Taylor to ease the need for an impact rush OLB in this years draft (Crable/Woods/TBC should be fine depth there) and then score a OT who would start over O'Cal nxt year (Kaczur cut) and replace/move Light over the year after, a ILB who is an instant starter/reduced Bruschi's load and a CB/FS who will provive outstanding nickel depth nxt year and then either replace Sanders or FA to be Hobbs/Bodden the year after.

Any combo of:

Maualuga/Laurinaitis/Sintim

with

Oher/Britton/Beatty

and

Jenkins/Delmas/S. Smith

Would make me ecstatic. Going w/ Chung at 47 would be awesome as well

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm sure there will be more mocks posted and I can gurantee we are all going to be wrong with 90% of our picks but they guy that matters will be 100% right. BB in you we still trust.

Nad Ritchie you are correct, if the season started today I think we are still the favs to represent the AFC in the SB so any impact players will be icing on the cake.

I gots my popcorn ready!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I knew that would be a topic, yes I personally think JL is a bigger impact player than Clay Matthews. Both will be studs but I have JL as the top LB (even over RM) and I can say Clay Matthews is closer to other OLB and anyother ILB is to JL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

#23 Connor Barwin, Cin-- Olb/ TE/ DE highly versitaly, tremendus athlete, great upside

#34 Darius Butler, Conn--CB He is raw but talented, tremendous hands (lined up on offense occasionally) Unfortantaly on the rise and may not be around

#58 Jamon Meredith--USC--OT He is underrated, I like his game, he is athletic and was starting games as a Sophmore in the toughest conference in the country (SEC)

#89 (Plan A) Rashad Johnson--Alabama--S This might be a hopefull pick because he might go higher, if he isn't here then

#89 (Plan B) Jasper Brinkly -- USC--ILB Be a great fit in the 3-4 at the Mike spot, his knees look better and his speed is coming back up.

#97 (Plan A) Jasper Brinkly-- IF plan A at #89 works then JB should be avaliable

#97 (Plan B) Best Saftey Avalible

Rnd 4 Ramses Barden --WR He's a pretty big reciver that would have time to develop

Rnd 5 comp: Everette Pedescleaux--DE He looks like a copy of Seymore with a little less talent

Round 6 Jamall Lee-- RB, Bishop (look on draft 4 thread for some more info) But he is 6-1 225 with a 4.39 40 and a 44 inch vertical, he looks talanted and its the 6th round you can take a few risks

Round 6 Comp Alex Boone-- OT Another risk reward type player, he is talanted but has some off the field issue, could be a great RT although he did a phenomanal job (he shut him down) aganist Brian Oprako in the game against texas (tostitos fiesta bowl?)

Round 7 Long Snapper

I'm not doing trades cause nobody knows what BB is going to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

one of these players most likely will be selected at #23: Beatty, Bulter, Barwin, Maualuga (unless he rocks at his April 1st Pro Day, in which case he won't be there) or Pettigrew (although I could see BB drafting TE Ingram out of Florida in the 3rd/4th round)...the rest of the picks are going to be chaotic given the fact that trades will undoubtedly happen...hell, the first pick might get traded...a fair amount of these picks will be traded and/or packaged...unquestionably, the Patriot's draft will be highly entertaining...getcha popcorn ready!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

#23: OLB. There are so many, not sure which one. If I had to guess I'd say Clay Matthews.
    #34: traded.
    #47 & #58. I could see one a Safety (maybe Chung) and the other an OL (maybe Meredith), not really sure on the order.

Beyond that is really grasping for straws. I can see a WR taken with one of the 3rd round picks and I wouldn't be surprised to see a defensive lineman taken in the third round, so I guess that's my picks. The Patriots are already stocked (for the most part), so there are very few actual needs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[Quote][Quote]

[/Quote]
    This article breaks somewhat the two best ILBs, it's an older article but informative.

Here's my question? What's the infatuation with RM? You get just as good run stopper in JL, but JL is a much better ILB in coverage. In a 3-4 defence the ILB will be dropping a bit covering RBs and TEs. The best fit here is JL and most important the Pats don't have to jump to 15 to get him and also RM might not have the smarts to play in a BB D.

I think the guy is a great prospect but for the value give me JL, who has also lined up in the outside in college and has the speed to make the transition if that's where BB wants him this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27601-hardcore-headbangers-james-laurinaitis-or-rey-maualuga-best-linebacker-in-2008[/Quote] #34 will not be traded for a first round next year. It makes no sense. The Value at 34 this year in a deep draft is like GoldBB does not want to pay first round money twice next year. #34 is by far the best Value in the Entire Draft. Every team right now wants a high second. Indi, Steelers, Giants, would do Cartwheels to trade down a few spots out of the first round. The Money is much higher to the last draft pick in round 1 compared to the first pick in Round2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

interesting that you have laurinaitis at 23 and mathews at 34 when it'd be more likely the reverse

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm crossing my fingers that 1-2 out of several players slip a few spots and are there for the taking at our picks.

At 23 I am hoping one of Maualuga, Jenkins and Oher are available.

At 34 I am hoping one of Laurinaitis, Delmas and Britton is avialable.

At 47 I am hoping one of Sintim, Sean Smith and Beatty is available.

If we can be lucky enough to have our first three picks be say Maualuga/Britton/Smith or Oher/Delmas/Sintim or Jenkins/Laurinaitis/Beatty I will be ecstatic.

Pettigrew/Butler/Barwin are also great value at 34

If we get Jason Taylor (Peppers is looking like a long shot) signed before the draft it may change the type of players BB targets as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Mock junkies post them here haters come critique

#23 Clay Matthews OLB
    #34 Connor Barwin OLB/TE
    #47 Phil Loadholt OT
    #58 Evander Hood DT
    #89 Jasper Brinkley ILB
    #97 Pat White WR/QB or Ramses Barden WR
    4th Courtney Greene S
    5th Andre Brown RB
    6th Darius Hill TE
    6th Alex Boone OT
    7th Joe Burnett CB

Changed it up, I don't think Matthews will be there at 23 if he's not another LB will probably be the pick unless one of the top 5 OT fall to 23.

Sections
Shortcuts