MODS...Please fix the edit function

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

MODS...Please fix the edit function

It's a real pain not to be able to correct errors...or to add on via an edit. The system allows the edit, but won't post it when you click on the add edit spot. Would appreciate it if the mods addressed this...and fix it. Is anyone else having the same problem?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Re: MODS...Please fix the edit function

In response to TexasPat's comment:

It's a real pain not to be able to correct errors...or to add on via an edit. The system allows the edit, but won't post it when you click on the add edit spot. Would appreciate it if the mods addressed this...and fix it. Is anyone else having the same problem?  

Yes I've had the same issues with the restricted edit function. It would be nice to have a edit feature like Facebook and other social web sites which allows you to correct your post after you've posted it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I saw on WGBH that boston.com is busy doing something else. 

Guys, drop your new whizbang that isn't going to help you much between it working now or next month if you put it off, and fix the edit function now.  I spent an hour yesterday trying to correct excess spaces between lines in one post, with utter failure as a result. 

Your site is driving people off now with a stick!  It reflects badly on your entire organization, similar in negative impact to a barely literate headline writer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

As new owner, John Henry had some tough decisions to make.  It came down to fixing the forum or new soccer balls for Liverpool FC.

We lost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

As new owner, John Henry had some tough decisions to make.  It came down to fixing the forum or new soccer balls for Liverpool FC.

We lost.

We lost...they lose...very symetric wouldn't you say? Money Mouth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" It would be nice to have a edit feature like Facebook and other social web sites which allows you to correct your post after you've posted it."

We've had it in the past - it stopped working about a week ago.  I can tell you BDC is aware of the issue. 

But I would discourage anyone who thinks that this free message board is some kind of burning priority for them...nor would it be for me if I ran this site in the midst of the massive struggle for financail relevance newspapers are facing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Can someone explain why the Red Sox forum has a thread that was created by a Mod that is stickied for reporting issues and we have nothing?  That is some bs right there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Can someone explain why the Red Sox forum has a thread that was created by a Mod that is stickied for reporting issues and we have nothing?  That is some bs right there.

Same reason the Revolution have no forum.   All forums are not created equal.   They also have a red sticky for game  threads.  Don't hold your breath expecting that to happen here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Same reason the Revolution have no forum.   All forums are not created equal.   They also have a red sticky for game  threads.  Don't hold your breath expecting that to happen here.

Yeah, but I find it hard to believe the Sox forum gets that much more traffic than this forum during the season.  At the very least it is way more than any Revolution forum would ever get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Yeah, but I find it hard to believe the Sox forum gets that much more traffic than this forum during the season.  At the very least it is way more than any Revolution forum would ever get.

I was only joking about the Revs.  Give them a forum and then the Boston Cannons will want one.

The Sox forum does get more traffic.  About 25%.  Not a huge difference.   It does get way more attention from the mods.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The edit function seems to be working now.

Sections
Shortcuts