Mohamed Sanu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Mohamed Sanu

Wouldn't shock me if this guy turns to be the best of the 2012 wr class .

A projected 2nd rounder that reminds me alot of another semi-afterthought wr named Anquon Bolden ( 2nd round 2004 )

2. Mohamed Sanu, 6-2/211
  3. Wide Receiver
  4. Rutgers

5. Mohamed Sanu Scouting Report

Strengths:
  6. Phenomenal hands
  7. Excellent size
  8. Superb route-runner
  9. Knows the route tree from every receiver position
  10. Dangerous with ball in his hands
  11. Picks up yards after the catch
  12. Quickness
  13. Great body control
  14. Very good working the middle of the field
  15. Versatile athlete, lots of carries at running back
  16. Physical with cornerbacks
  17. Is a red-zone weapon
  18. Great third-down receiver
  19. Good blocker
  20. Leaping ability
  21. Tough; can take big hits and comes back
  22. Fiery
  23. Quality guy in the locker room
  24. Ideal fit in a West Coast offense

Video Link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg

• You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: Mohamed Sanu

Agree with you and its good to know that BB and Greg Schiano are pals from his son attending Rutgers. I would love to see Sanu in a Pats uniform next year despite the wr's they have already brought in.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Mohamed Sanu:
    [QUOTE]  Wouldn't shock me if this guy turns to be the best of the 2012 wr class .     A projected 2nd rounder that reminds me alot of another semi-afterthought wr named Anquon Bolden ( 2nd round 2004 ) Mohamed Sanu, 6-2/211 Wide Receiver Rutgers Mohamed Sanu Scouting Report   Strengths: Phenomenal hands Excellent size Superb route-runner Knows the route tree from every receiver position Dangerous with ball in his hands Picks up yards after the catch Quickness Great body control Very good working the middle of the field Versatile athlete, lots of carries at running back Physical with cornerbacks Is a red-zone weapon Great third-down receiver Good blocker Leaping ability Tough; can take big hits and comes back Fiery Quality guy in the locker room Ideal fit in a West Coast offense Video Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]You ever listen to SiriusXM radio? because Adam Schein said in his show this morning that he thinks Sanu will end up in either Tampa or with the Patriots and he will be a first round pick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

If you had told me last week that the Pats would draft a WR in the 1st ...

I'd probably have said you were nuts.

Now - after seeing the footage of the effort this kid exhibits (especially the shots of him CRUSHING opposing players with more explosion than most NFL safeties unleash ) I'M SOLD .

I'd still prefer to add D-Line help ( Devon Still at #27 ? ) but this kid at #31 wouldn't make me wince.

I'd like it even more if we used both our two first picks on D - then traded up into the top of round II to take him .
    (  but I know expending that much draft capital within the first 40 picks or so isnt BB's way )

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I originally thought he would go before we selected in the first round until he ran that awful 40 time. I still think he's going to be one hell of a player for someone.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I wasn't so impressed with his speed for  WR. I wont be upset with picking him at all but Coby Fleener looks faster (and he is listed as a TE) and is much bigger - more like Gronk size at 6'6 and faster than Sanu on film at least in what I saw. If Sanu had basic WR speed I would not make that comparison but I didnt see it in the little film I watched.

In any case I hope they strike it rich with a couple of D picks and if they trade up or trade into next year that is fine as part of the take.

In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't so impressed with his speed for  WR. I wont be upset with picking him at all but Coby Fleener looks faster (and he is listed as a TE) and is much bigger - more like Gronk size at 6'6 and faster than Sanu on film at least in what I saw. If Sanu had basic WR speed I would not make that comparison but I didnt see it in the little film I watched. In any case I hope they strike it rich with a couple of D picks and if they trade up or trade into next year that is fine as part of the take.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I think Fleener is going to be a real good selection for someone, but I don't think you'd have much success playing him as a wideout (I think the quickness and speed needed, are more than he has).

Fleener makes a lot of nice catches on the move - running across the field, where the linebacker or safety has to go from standing still, to trying to cover him. It's a clear mismatch and he breaks free from coverage from it (as he should). I don't know if he would get open so easily with a corner standing right on top of him out wide - having to run outs and deeper stuff with a sideline and defender closing him in. Those are the things I think are best left for wide receivers.

I think the guy will catch a lot of passes in the NFL, however I think they'll be more the tight end or maybe slot type of variety. Hell I'd take him at the end of round one just because he's a real good player and he ran a 4.45. I don't care that we have two good tight ends already - injuries happen and this guy would walk right in and give you 40 catches.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

greg childs would be a better pickup in the late rounds if healthy

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I have been a proponent of taking Fleener all along. I don't think the pats will do given they added fells, although if they decided to move Hern to,play more slot, then I think it could make sense. I like Sanu as well, but I see him going somewhere middle to end of round 2. He was listed earlier in the mock draft prospect as a round 1 kid, but there has been a lot of movement since. Good value in round 2 as would be Alston Jeffrey.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I dunno, we're already stocked at the WR position.  Is this what the Patriots really need? If an opposing team is able to both put pressure on Brady and cover our WRs; does it even matter who we have at the WR or TE position?

[QUOTE]I dunno, we're already stocked at the WR position.  Is this what the Patriots really need? If an opposing team is able to both put pressure on Brady and cover our WRs; does it even matter who we have at the WR or TE position?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

other than QB and TE, i believe the pats could benefit from an upgrade on every position. i'd rather they take the best available than reach for a safety or DL or OLB.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Mohamed Sanu": [QUOTE]I dunno, we're already stocked at the WR position.  Is this what the Patriots really need? If an opposing team is able to both put pressure on Brady and cover our WRs; does it even matter who we have at the WR or TE position? Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE] Stocked at WR? I don't see it. Pats have a legit 1/2 tandem with Lloyd and Welker. Hernandez can split out and be effective. I would ally like to see Edelman with the ball in his hands more than the Pats have offered. Slater is on the team for his ST play. Ocho, Gonzo, Stallworth long shots to make the team IMO. Pats need an upgrade in talent at that round 1/2 level

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Is the Rutgers thingy really working out?

[QUOTE]I have been a proponent of taking Fleener all along. I don't think the pats will do given they added fells, although if they decided to move Hern to,play more slot, then I think it could make sense. I like Sanu as well, but I see him going somewhere middle to end of round 2. He was listed earlier in the mock draft prospect as a round 1 kid, but there has been a lot of movement since. Good value in round 2 as would be Alston Jeffrey.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I agree on Sanu - although at one time I thought he'd be a top 20 pick - then he went out and ran a 4.8 in the forty. How the hell does this kid run a 4.8? He looks both quick and fast to me (not deep threat fast, but a guy that should be able to hold his own...aka David Givens with more size and quickness).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Jesus...

That video was impressive...

Looks like he has Gronk hands...

How is he being pinned as a 2nd rounder?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bet Tampa drafts him.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

He's my top WR pick for the Pats.  #31 would be great.

Maybe an Upshaw at #27 and Sanu at #31. 

[QUOTE]I dunno, we're already stocked at the WR position.  Is this what the Patriots really need? If an opposing team is able to both put pressure on Brady and cover our WRs; does it even matter who we have at the WR or TE position?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

No, we're not. That's a myth. Branch is older, Welker may only play one more year here and he's only a slot guy, and Lloyd is here for a few years.

It is time to draft strategically in this role and develop.

[QUOTE]idk why people keep saying we are stocked at WR. sure there is quantity, but the quality isn't anything special. ....
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

exactly. it's like saying we had so many pass rushers last year.

The pass rushers wouldn't have stopped Brady from throwing 40+ passes and awful INTS in the postseason to almost lose games, though.

Deal Welker, get Forte, draft Sanu.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mohamed Sanu : Interesting. I think Fleener is going to be a real good selection for someone, but I don't think you'd have much success playing him as a wideout (I think the quickness and speed needed, are more than he has).   Fleener makes a lot of nice catches on the move - running across the field, where the linebacker or safety has to go from standing still, to trying to cover him. It's a clear mismatch and he breaks free from coverage from it (as he should). I don't know if he would get open so easily with a corner standing right on top of him out wide - having to run outs and deeper stuff with a sideline and defender closing him in. Those are the things I think are best left for wide receivers. I think the guy will catch a lot of passes in the NFL, however I think they'll be more the tight end or maybe slot type of variety. Hell I'd take him at the end of round one just because he's a real good player and he ran a 4.45. I don't care that we have two good tight ends already - injuries happen and this guy would walk right in and give you 40 catches.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

i would keep him in and put hern at slot or hback or outside.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't so impressed with his speed for  WR. I wont be upset with picking him at all but Coby Fleener looks faster (and he is listed as a TE) and is much bigger - more like Gronk size at 6'6 and faster than Sanu on film at least in what I saw. If Sanu had basic WR speed I would not make that comparison but I didnt see it in the little film I watched. In any case I hope they strike it rich with a couple of D picks and if they trade up or trade into next year that is fine as part of the take.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

"I wasn't so impressed with his speed for  WR. I wont be upset with picking him at all but Coby Fleener looks faster (and he is listed as a TE) and is much bigger - more like Gronk size at 6'6 and faster than Sanu on film at least in what I saw. If Sanu had basic WR speed I would not make that comparison but I didnt see it in the little film I watched. "

im with you on fleener
    adn in seeing sanu as slow