Re: Moment a kid will never forget.....

what a great moment and a class act! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

And the kids name is perfect for a feel good story... brady   lol

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll never forget being out in the right field grandstand for batting practice before a Sox/Athletics game in 1978. I had chased down a home run ball -- the guy who hit was named Mitchell Page, and I don't think he ever became anyone. Dennis Eckersely was pitching that day, and as he was coming in from the bullpen, me and my friends ran down by the Pesky Pole to get his attention and see if he would sign my ball. We hollered and hollered at him and told him how great he was, but Eck didn't even look up . . .

But he did stop for some teenage girls who were about 20 feet away toward the dugout.

I've hated that dickhole ever since.

Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Moment a kid will never forget.....:
    [QUOTE]I'll never forget being out in the right field grandstand for batting practice before a Sox/Athletics game in 1978. I had chased down a home run ball -- the guy who hit was named Mitchell Page, and I don't think he ever became anyone. Dennis Eckersely was pitching that day, and as he was coming in from the bullpen, me and my friends ran down by the Pesky Pole to get his attention and see if he would sign my ball. We hollered and hollered at him and told him how great he was, but Eck didn't even look up . . . But he did stop for some teenage girls who were about 20 feet away toward the dugout. I've hated that dickhole ever since.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Eye contact, a smile, or wave from a professional athlete means so much to a young kid.  Of course a ball, puck, or autograph takes it to another level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

what a great memory for any kid..........i just had a baby boy 2 months ago and we named him brady thomas, and since we brought him home the pats have not lost, he is my good luck charm i guess, i cant wait till he's old enough to understand football, all we want is for the pats to get number 4, that would be icing on the cake especially when you live in "playtexville" aka "ingaynapolis" hopfully tom brady will still be playing in 5 years or so, but if he does retire i can show him the great super bowl tapes..........way to go alge crumpler, you the man, you made that kids day the best ever and he will never forget it, nor will his father.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]what a great memory for any kid..........i just had a baby boy 2 months ago and we named him brady thomas, and since we brought him home the pats have not lost, he is my good luck charm i guess, i cant wait till he's old enough to understand football, all we want is for the pats to get number 4, that would be icing on the cake especially when you live in "playtexville" aka "ingaynapolis" hopfully tom brady will still be playing in 5 years or so, but if he does retire i can show him the great super bowl tapes..........way to go alge crumpler, you the man, you made that kids day the best ever and he will never forget it, nor will his father.
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]

Are you going to name your next kid Lucas?  (2012 Super Bowl in Indianappolis!)

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Bet he's way happy he's not still in Nash....where that other former NE receiver ended up, and I bet Randy wishes was back in NE.

Funny how these things work out...   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I was 18. The closest I ever got to a pro sports player where I was in actual reaching distance was in San Antonio, where I got real close to Pete Maravich when he played with Utah. He looked pretty tall and lanky as compared to what I remembered him on TV,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm not much of a sentimentalist but That was play of the game for me. That kid had to be the happiest person on the planet at that moment and Crumpler is a man amongst men for doing that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

Are you going to name your next kid Lucas?  (2012 Super Bowl in Indianappolis!)

LOL

Heck no, i hate the clots, always have since they arrived in what 1984??  I grew up watching joe montana, loved his game play, when i watch tom brady i see "montana magic" the "it" factor, his hero was my hero growing up...... when i see playtex i see just another dan marino or brett favre......stat man sounds about right. Hopfully the pats will be playing in pucas oil in 2012, of course little brady will still be a little to young but would love to take him if the pats are in......heres to 3 more wins, lets do it, bring home lombardi #4 so i can really pick on the "clot" nation. LOL

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]what a great memory for any kid..........i just had a baby boy 2 months ago and we named him brady thomas, and since we brought him home the pats have not lost, he is my good luck charm i guess, i cant wait till he's old enough to understand football, all we want is for the pats to get number 4, that would be icing on the cake especially when you live in "playtexville" aka "ingaynapolis" hopfully tom brady will still be playing in 5 years or so, but if he does retire i can show him the great super bowl tapes..........way to go alge crumpler, you the man, you made that kids day the best ever and he will never forget it, nor will his father.
    Posted by brady-is-clutch[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your son!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

What an amazing story, I loved reading that. I would love to watch a media segment on this sometime soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

What about the 2nd kid who had his hands on the ball..... Not so much a great moment for him ! I was hoping they were brothers and could "share" the moment and the ball but there is no mention of the other kid. That was nice though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

That was the most BEAUTIFUL part of the game, and what made it better was the look on his face, he couldn't believe it he kept looking, as though to say, are you serious?

Sections
Shortcuts