Monday 11/12 could ba a busy day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Monday 11/12 could ba a busy day

By 4:00 Talib will be added to the roster and Shiancoe must be added or put on IR for the year, meaning two cuts are iminant. Also the clock is ticking for the return of Prior and Ballard to practice (two weeks left as of mon). Then Three weeks of practice not counting on the roster total. So we should start to see quite a bit of roster shuffeling going on over the next few weeks.

Who goes when Talib and Shiancoe are added? Who goes when Prior is added? And who goes when and if Ballerd is added?

I see Williams DB being waived destoned to the PS for Talib and Martin DB cut for Shiancoe's activation. I also see Scott DE getting cut when Prior returns. Lastly I do see the return of ballard being that by the time limit it will be 10 months since the injury, at that point the battle between Fells and Hoomanawanui should have worked out the final cut. Yes I do see the Pats entering the end of the schedual and post season with 5 TE's on the roster

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Monday 11/12 could ba a busy day

Man I totally forgot Scott was even on the roster...what a dissapointment. We are 8 games into the season and he's been on the field for maybe ten minutes of it..what gives?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Has anyone heard anything about Ballard? I thought he was going to miss the whole year... Not really sure where he fits in anyhow. I do not really want to see the Patriots running so many 3 TE sets that they feel the need to have 5 TEs on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has anyone heard anything about Ballard? I thought he was going to miss the whole year... Not really sure where he fits in anyhow. I do not really want to see the Patriots running so many 3 TE sets that they feel the need to have 5 TEs on the roster.

[/QUOTE]
    Believe it or not even Cannon has seen some time at TE in the heavy sets....And yes it has been 9 months since Ballards injury and most ACL recovery times have been reduced to 6 mo 
    nths lately.(see Mankns and Welker) With AH playing more of a WR roll you may have 4 dedicated TE's with Gronk,Shaincoe,Ballard and the better of Fells and Woomanawanui.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Believe it or not even Cannon has seen some time at TE in the heavy sets....And yes it has been 9 months since Ballards injury and most ACL recovery times have been reduced to 6 mo 
    nths lately.(see Mankns and Welker) With AH playing more of a WR roll you may have 4 dedicated TE's with Gronk,Shaincoe,Ballard and the better of Fells and Woomanawanui.

[/QUOTE]

The brought in an extra lineman a lot last year (I often noticed Solder coming in and being an extra blocker), I had not really noticed Cannon doing it this year, but I am not surprised. 

Are people sure that Shiancoe and Ballard will actually play this year at all? Isn't it just as likely one or both stay on the IR for the full season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The brought in an extra lineman a lot last year (I often noticed Solder coming in and being an extra blocker), I had not really noticed Cannon doing it this year, but I am not surprised. 

Are people sure that Shiancoe and Ballard will actually play this year at all? Isn't it just as likely one or both stay on the IR for the full season?

[/QUOTE]

Last year we got cought with our pants down deapth wise at TE. With the inclination to run the 3 TE sets and AH being used as more of a WR, I don't see us getting cought that way again...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last year we got cought with our pants down deapth wise at TE. With the inclination to run the 3 TE sets and AH being used as more of a WR, I don't see us getting cought that way again...

[/QUOTE]

The Pats definitely were short on TEs when they got dinged up in the playoffs last year, I am more wondering if people have been hearing updates on Shiancoe or Ballard. Are they expected to be able to contribute this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats definitely were short on TEs when they got dinged up in the playoffs last year, I am more wondering if people have been hearing updates on Shiancoe or Ballard. Are they expected to be able to contribute this year?

[/QUOTE]

I believe a decision on Schaincoe must be made on monday by 4:00. And Ballard is eligible to practice one week later with the three week timeline to activate or send to IR. If he is not at practice on mon the 17th we will have a good idear of what happens. Of course he could be activated on Mon Dec 7th 10 months after the injury and be ready for the play offs. Some one made the good observation that Ballard had Microfracture surgery as a result of trying to test his knee after the ACL tear. The projected recovery could have been increased by 6 weeks from that added surgical procedure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I guess it will be a wait and see... Hopefully, there will not be anymore injuries to key players this year and we just be talking about who is coming back!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice copying the point i wrote about for a year and the actual language, from someone (myself) you hate and despise on here all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bb et all have not uttered a word about whether shiancoe will be activated and they have till monday. neither have they said anything abotu ballard oming back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ballard is the most complete and best tightend after Gronk.  Fells has played well but not often, Huey is a beast and has been great at fullback so I hope they keep him.  Shianco should be the odd man out unless another TE gets hurt.  He is a better receiver than blocker but is spare parts if Hernandez is healthy along with the big guys. 

Gronk and Ballard on the field give you two beasts at tightend in single back sets, that might be an impossible cover, especially in the red zone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ballard is the most complete and best tightend after Gronk.  Fells has played well but not often, Huey is a beast and has been great at fullback so I hope they keep him.  Shianco should be the odd man out unless another TE gets hurt.  He is a better receiver than blocker but is spare parts if Hernandez is healthy along with the big guys. 

Gronk and Ballard on the field give you two beasts at tightend in single back sets, that might be an impossible cover, especially in the red zone.

[/QUOTE]

i would guess bb will keep a hern backup and gronk backup in case one gets hurt. he doesnt want to lose anothe sb oj account of this.

ballard hasnt practiced at all. shiancoe has.

if ballard were ready and up to speed with the playbook and could play, ballard would be the ideal gronk backup. and shiancoe the ideal hern backup. 

this would make hooman and fells expendable if need be (fells the more redundant). i just didnt expect ballard to play till next year.

we will see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't see Ballard (assuming he is 100%) a backup to Gronk. He is a starting caliber TE in this league and on this team. Hern should go to WR and hb, Gronk and Ballard both play in 2 TE sets, Hern rests. I also don't see Ballard coming back this year. He should be ready for next. 

This team could really use a healthy and productive Pryor. Scott has been a disappointment and is expendable. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see Ballard (assuming he is 100%) a backup to Gronk. He is a starting caliber TE in this league and on this team. Hern should go to WR and hb, Gronk and Ballard both play in 2 TE sets, Hern rests. I also don't see Ballard coming back this year. He should be ready for next. 

This team could really use a healthy and productive Pryor. Scott has been a disappointment and is expendable. 

[/QUOTE]

agree with everythign here except im not sure about hern as permanent wr and ballard on the field 100% of the time with gronk.

Sections
Shortcuts