Monday Media Pulse 2/11/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Monday Media Pulse 2/11/13

NFL network... per Shalise Manza Young Patriots will keep Welker, Lloyd and sign Vollmer to the franchise tag.   Per another reporter.. look for the Patriots to go after Ed Reed stating the Ed Reed pick up is a classic Belichick move.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Monday Media Pulse 2/11/13

In response to TFB12's comment:

NFL network... per Shalise Manza Young Patriots will keep Welker, Lloyd and sign Vollmer to the franchise tag.   Per another reporter.. look for the Patriots to go after Ed Reed stating the Ed Reed pick up is a classic Belichick move.

Thoughts?

I don't tink Ed Reed will ever play to the level that the Past would have to pay him. He's heart and success is in BAL. We are not talking about picking up Jr. Reed has won a SB. A lot of people with have contentment that Jr never really got to. Reed could well turn out to be another AD Thomas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Eh there are just as many things saying we are going to let Vollmer, Talib, Welker walk and cut Lloyd.  Honestly I have no idea what is going to happen.  I will say that if we do use the tag it will be on Vollmer.  None of the other guys make sense imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Boston Globe believes free agent CB Aqib Talib will have to be amenable to a "very fair contract" to re-sign with the Patriots.

In other words, exceptionally team friendly. It's understandable given Talib's well-documented off-the-field issues, but his age (27 on Wednesday) and shutdown upside should draw robust interest on the open market. It's why the franchise tag could be his most likely means of remaining in New England. Talib would be due $10.7 million under the tag.   Source: Boston Globe Feb 11 - 9:33 AM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see a much greater likelihood that they will franchise Vollmer than Talib.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

if Talib leaves what should we do? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Target one of the whole host of other CB FA's with less off-field concerns but slightly less on field potential. Take your choice, here's a list of FA's I would put on the same teir as Talib when all things are considered:

• Keenan Lewis
    • DRC
    • Chris Houston
    • Brent Grimes

Now I'd rather have Talib over any of them because we know he works well in the system but really any of the above would be an upgrade to what we had starting last year. Then you have the next teir which have solid starters but not shut down, or injury concerns, or not enough years to prove whether they are a one hit wonder or not:

• Tony Carter
    • Derek Cox
    • E.J. Biggers
    • Leodis McKelvin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Target one of the whole host of other CB FA's with less off-field concerns but slightly less on field potential. Take your choice, here's a list of FA's I would put on the same teir as Talib when all things are considered:

• Keenan Lewis
    • DRC
    • Chris Houston
    • Brent Grimes

Now I'd rather have Talib over any of them because we know he works well in the system but really any of the above would be an upgrade to what we had starting last year. Then you have the next teir which have solid starters but not shut down, or injury concerns, or not enough years to prove whether they are a one hit wonder or not:

• Tony Carter
    • Derek Cox
    • E.J. Biggers
    • Leodis McKelvin

I would take DMC, and Draft a CB in the Draft what do u think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

• Keenan Lewis
    • DRC
    • Chris Houston
    • Brent Grimes

• Tony Carter
    • Derek Cox
    • E.J. Biggers
    • Leodis McKelvin

DMC or DRC? McCourty I think should stay at FS. It seems like his more natural position and having back there as a QB helped stabilize a bad secondary. If you are talking DRC then he's another guy with shut down ability but with more effort concerns then Talib. Imo you'd be getting the same talent back with less off-field concerns but slightly higher on-field concerns.

As for the draft I think they would need to draft one anyways just matters where. If they don't sign a starter imo you are looking at the 1st or 2nd round. If you are looking for a #3 slot CB you can wait until the 3rd or hope someone like the Mathieu to drop.

Personally from that list I think I'd take Houston. He was killed in the Atl game but with that one exception he was extremely solid all year. His completion given up % was lower then Talib's and he seemed to hold his own bumping at the line. But, then again we've seen Lions CB's leave Det and look horrible so I'd rather have the known in Talib then Houston

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

• Keenan Lewis
    • DRC
    • Chris Houston
    • Brent Grimes

• Tony Carter
    • Derek Cox
    • E.J. Biggers
    • Leodis McKelvin

DMC or DRC? McCourty I think should stay at FS. It seems like his more natural position and having back there as a QB helped stabilize a bad secondary. If you are talking DRC then he's another guy with shut down ability but with more effort concerns then Talib. Imo you'd be getting the same talent back with less off-field concerns but slightly higher on-field concerns.

As for the draft I think they would need to draft one anyways just matters where. If they don't sign a starter imo you are looking at the 1st or 2nd round. If you are looking for a #3 slot CB you can wait until the 3rd or hope someone like the Mathieu to drop.

Personally from that list I think I'd take Houston. He was killed in the Atl game but with that one exception he was extremely solid all year. His completion given up % was lower then Talib's and he seemed to hold his own bumping at the line. But, then again we've seen Lions CB's leave Det and look horrible so I'd rather have the known in Talib then Houston

DRC ,sorry!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Brent Grimes. Plays tough. Has good feet and is under 6 ft, just what we love...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thoughts?

Hopefully young is right about WELKER. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

fagetaboudit....

is what we should do if we dump the only decent cb weve had in forever giving us a legit defense. 

we need him plus xavier rhodes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Thoughts?

id take a big outside wr over welker, but if we keep himi hope its in 6 mil per year range

Hopefully young is right about WELKER.