Monday Night - Saints and Falcons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Monday Night - Saints and Falcons

So far two quick and some what easy touch downs. One by each. Not sure if great offense of weak defense. Both teams look to have there way with the others D.

Be a good game to get a look at the Saints verse a team we beat.

Bot impressed yet....beer bottle throw on field, my kind of place

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: Monday Night - Saints and Falcons

Atlanta D lloks good knocking Drew down for a fumble/TD. I like what I know we can repeat on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Remember, the Saints didn't look that great early in their game against the Dolphins.  If anything, we are seeing some quick releases by Brees to offset the Falcons rush and the receivers are open.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

After seeing that last Saints TD, to tie the game...  it wasn't too long ago that Saints fans were putting paper bags over their heads, wasn't it.  Love sure follows a winner!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Hate to see the phantom Holding Call with 10 minutes to go. 3rd down play that kept the Saints last drive alive. Completely changes the end of the game in my book. Tripplett has a phantom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night - Saints and Falcons:
    [QUOTE]Hate to see the phantom Holding Call with 10 minutes to go. 3rd down play that kept the Saints last drive alive. Completely changes the end of the game in my book. Tripplett has a phantom.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Yeah terrible call!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Louis' myth of a defense gave up 24 points to a team that the Patriots dominated. I wonder why people believe that the Saints can beat the Patriots?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Hate to see the phantom Holding Call with 10 minutes to go. 3rd down play that kept the Saints last drive alive. Completely changes the end of the game in my book. Tripplett has a phantom.

Didn't like it because it not only wasn't holding, but the pass was 5 yards behind him. Yes, I know the holding comes before the pass so it technically can't be uncatchable, but if they got the hold wrong, they could have at least applied the wrong rule to make it right. Plus, it would have made it the best call ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I have only watched parts of a couple of Saints games this season and I have seen a plethora of bad calls/non calls that favored them.  In their Giants victory, within five plays I saw two horrendous calls and they resulted in points for the Saints.  I stopped watching. 

With the propensity of the refs calling against the Pats in key situations and in key games ever since 2005, one has to ponder what will happen when they play the Pats. 

And the way the NFL has been going - the past two Steelers' Super Bowl "victories", the 2006 Colts' entire season, the bad calls going against the Browns, Raiders, Seahawks, Pats year after year - I am coming this />< close to not watching anymore.  I got that way with the NBA when the Celts got shafted in the play-offs vs. the Nets a while back and suspected the series/games were fixed.  So did my brother, who has a great eye for sports.  And it turns out we were right - that series was fixed, as was revealed in that scandal. 

I have come to feel that way about the NFL. With so much weirdness in the officiating and so much money to be made fixing games, it seems naive to think the NFL is clean.  

Without that crucual phantom holding call tonight, I don't think the Saints would have won. So is this a manufactured perfect season?

By the way, did you see a bunch of blocks to the back that were not called against the Saints tonight? I did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I agree, I hate to blame a loss on anything other than play but that call was bull and had a BIG impact on t rest of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Louis' myth of a defense gave up 24 points to a team that the Patriots dominated. I wonder why people believe that the Saints can beat the Patriots?
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Overall I came away from the game feeling very good about our chances against the Saints. Lots of missed opportunities for Atlanta, opportunities that we would not have missed. Dropped passes etc.

I feel we can hold or at least tie their scoring drives...(Running game off screens will be key)

Sections
Shortcuts