Moniker-free forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Moniker-free forum

After reading various posts here, I was wondering what would happen if we all woke up one day and the forum was filled with posts from individuals simply appearing as, "forum users", as opposed to "mthurl", or "vertigho", or "(insert forum moniker here)".

Essentially an entirely anonymous board.

I mention this because it seems that all too often folks will judge a post simply based on the online alias that has typed it, and less so on the actual content of the message.

Just some food for thought. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Moniker-free forum

We would all know who is who.

Rusty would say something about Bustchise and then we would know who TFB, Pezz and Mthurl are by their responses to him.

TCal has the classic one-liners so that's him

True Champ would make sarcastic comments about BB being horrible and then we would know who PatsEng is because he would then respond

People that post here less, or don't engage in arguments (ATJ and Bill come to mind) would be harder to point out but through dialect could probably be eventually figured out

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Don't forget when the first ticket gets handed out. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Don't forget when the first ticket gets handed out. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

I can hear the sirens from miles away!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The personalities are part of the fun, I think.  Just don't take anything too personally.  It is the internet, after all, and hurling funny insults at other people is part of the entertainment.  I insult Rusty all the time and he insults me.  It actually makes me like him.  I think it's funny.  If I took it seriously, I guess I'd do something else for entertainment, because while mock fights can be fun, real ones would be a drag. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Rusty would say something about Bustchise and then we would know who TFB, Pezz and Mthurl are by their responses to him.

True Champ would make sarcastic comments about BB being horrible and then we would know who PatsEng is because he would then respond

People that post here less, or don't engage in arguments (ATJ and Bill come to mind) would be harder to point out but through dialect could probably be eventually figured out

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

Lol That sums it up well

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I've posted here countless times and I am fairly positive most here wouldn't recognize my posts with out my username attached to it. 

Joepatsfan has it right, it really isn't the person's username that causes judgement, it literally is their poor consistent ranting content that we all judge, which come from a select few people.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[object HTMLDivElement]

You're right I shouldn't respond anymore. Just got tired of being attacked by True, much like I got tired last year being attacked by other posters about A. Wilson, Amendola injury issue, and not drafting DL because of the lack of depth... Maybe it's about time I just ignore True's sarcastic comments but it would be interesting if he'd have an honest debate with me if he didn't know it was me posting vs instantly assuming I'm attacking the Pats and going on the defensive. Thanks for pointing it out to me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whose posts would be the most recognizable here without any moniker identity?

From a style and prose standpoint, contrarian is unmistakable.  From an attack standpoint, Rusty is there.  He is also there from a consistency standpoint in that even a post about the weather will elicit a comment about a hot day being Brady's fault! Who is the most recognizable BB lover?  Most TB lover?  We know the hater, well, not really hate, but losing patience with that guy.  Out of town posters, Leon is unmistakable.  Anyone else?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Whose posts would be the most recognizable here without any moniker identity?

From a style and prose standpoint, contrarian is unmistakable.  From an attack standpoint, Rusty is there.  He is also there from a consistency standpoint in that even a post about the weather will elicit a comment about a hot day being Brady's fault! Who is the most recognizable BB lover?  Most TB lover?  We know the hater, well, not really hate, but losing patience with that guy.  Out of town posters, Leon is unmistakable.  Anyone else?

[object HTMLDivElement]

rtuilnila is pretty easy to pick out too. Never really adds much to the conversation and whenever I read his stuff I can hear that damn lego movie song "everything is awesome" playing in the background 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PatsEng...  so you saw the Lego Movie, too?  Quite a movie using all Lego pieces for everything.  Also, there are so many references to all sorts of other movies and icons, this movie seemed more intended for adults than kids.  Kids would only see the Lego characters move and stuff while the adults would guffaw at the references.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

PatsEng...  so you saw the Lego Movie, too?  Quite a movie using all Lego pieces for everything.  Also, there are so many references to all sorts of other movies and icons, this movie seemed more intended for adults than kids.  Kids would only see the Lego characters move and stuff while the adults would guffaw at the references.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah took my nephew to it. I think looking for the Easter eggs was my only way to keep sane during parts of it. It was an interesting movie but god after some of the scenes I looked at my nephew and wondered if I was going to die from him mimicking it for months on end or if my sister was going to kill me for bringing him to it so he could mimic it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My kids rented it on On Demand Friday night - of course I heard the usual...you'll like it, it's supposed to be really good - which usually means nap time for me (which I did). I woke up toward the end and I have to admit it seemed pretty good, Will Farrell is in it (which I didn't know). Now I wish I stayed awake.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts