Montana 4-3 in Champ Game, 4 one and done's; Brady 5-1 in ch game, 2 one and done in playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Montana 4-3 in Champ Game, 4 one and done's; Brady 5-1 in ch game, 2 one and done in playoffs

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Even among those in the know, IE - the experts, this is a type of argument that will never get resolved.  For as many stats you can give to support a Starr, you have many for Montana and then Brady and whoever else you want to throw in the mix.  One thing we can ALL agree on, each of the QBs being mentioned in this discussion are worthy of "best of all time" and may depend on the "time" in which they played.  I am very glad we, as Pats' fans, happen to have had the pleasure of rooting for one of the greatest, TB who played for our team!!  GO PATS!!!

I don't agree.

Like I say, only Brady and Montana are top tier in all categories one judges QBs on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Montana 4-3 in Champ Game, 4 one and done's; Brady 5-1 in ch game, 2 one and done in playoffs

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Even among those in the know, IE - the experts, this is a type of argument that will never get resolved.  For as many stats you can give to support a Starr, you have many for Montana and then Brady and whoever else you want to throw in the mix.  One thing we can ALL agree on, each of the QBs being mentioned in this discussion are worthy of "best of all time" and may depend on the "time" in which they played.  I am very glad we, as Pats' fans, happen to have had the pleasure of rooting for one of the greatest, TB who played for our team!!  GO PATS!!!

Finally. the voice of reason appears

Who comes here for reason?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't agree.

Like I say, only Brady and Montana are top tier in all categories one judges QBs on.

Babe, you just supported what I said..  there will be no agreement across the board as some will come back and poke a hole in your opinions.  IMHO, tough to argue between Montana and Brady at the top overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Simply saying they were all great in the midst of a discussion on which was greatest is exactly not reasonable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Simply saying they were all great in the midst of a discussion on which was greatest is exactly not reasonable.

Babe, read my post..   I did not say all were the greatest, just that the argument who is will never get resolved with agreement among all opinions.  The old timers will make a big push for the "old" NFL days QB, then those in the middle before the AFL/NFL merger followed by the "parity" time folks.  Makes for great discussion, though, doesn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't agree.

Babe, you just supported what I said..  there will be no agreement across the board as some will come back and poke a hole in your opinions.  IMHO, tough to argue between Montana and Brady at the top overall.

I agree Montana and Brady are a cut above the rest. And the facts bear this out. Whether a particular individual lacks the objectivity to admit that or not is moot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe, read my post..   I did not say all were the greatest, just that the argument who is will never get resolved with agreement among all opinions.  The old timers will make a big puch for the "old" NFL days QB, then those in the middle before the AFL/NFL merger followed by the "parity" time folks.  Makes for great discussion, though, doesn't it?

In the end the real answer is that it's about facts rather than opinions. A guy like UD6 will say MVPs are the ultimate arbiter in these ratings because "his guy" excels in that category. Then he will discount winning as being a "team" achievement because his college bad boy has been pretty dismal in that area. Others will tout other specific areas to push their "favotite" to the top.

But the fact is the GOAT QB must obviously be judged by the entirety of these criteria.

Hell, if we're just going to go by opinions Brady is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Babe, remember what Faulk said about how winning ONE SB is as good as winning multiple SBs when he poked at the Pats.  A clear example of someone who does not pay attention to the facts and goes with a personal and biased opinion.  That is why we shall not see agreement as some will discount facts for personal reasons, generally a person who has a dislike for a player/team, while others stick to the facts, Ma'am!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

like ot see 2 more sb obviously for brady.

but montana's 4-0 super bowl record needs to have parenthesis 

(not counting the no cap, eddie d gangster $ era)

Montana in the SB:

11 tds  0 ints  4-0

and he played in an era where his conference won 8 sb's in 10 years and contained the 85 bears and the NFC east with 2 jints sb, 3 redskins sb and the eagles of buddy ryan  in the 2nd half of that decade as well as the 80-82 cowboys who went to 3 straight NFCCG with a host of (old) hall of famers

brady is an all time great, probably top 5 and i have reluctant but great respect for him-always feared what he can do when playing the pats

but montana had much stiffer competition and was the best sb qb ever-brady is fabulous he is not montana

You just defeated your own argument when you noted the NFC SB dominance of his era. So it seems the NFCCG was the real SB. He was 4-3 in those with 13 TDs and 7 INTs.

Also, if SBs were all a QB was judged on then Joe would be the man hands down. But there is a whole hell of a lot more to it than that. Otherwise Fetus Head wouldn't even be top 10.

my point is montana's NFC was a tougher fight than Brady's AFC (or to be fair Bradshaw and Staubach's 70's Conferences) and the teams he had to play was stiffer competition-

but as I said i think the greats of the 60's and 70's had it easier too...i think the 80s and 90's NFC was the hardest to play thru to the sb

So the NFCCG was the tougher contest then and the SB is the tougher contest now.

So Montana is 4-3 in NFCCGs and Brady is 3-2 in SBs, and Montana is 4-0 in SBs and Brady is 5-1 in AFCCGs. They both have superlative records in the less tough contests and not so spectacular records in the tougher ones.

You're still defeating your own argument jints.

i am not babe...u r taking it and putting it in a context that supports brady

i am saying that i dont know that brady has the success he has had in the 80's to mid 90's NFC...i dont know that he wins against the competition montana faced during the season or to get to the sb's....that's my point

in no way can i say brady has ever faced a team the equal of the 85 bears or the 80's giants and skins nor the D of a buddy ryan eagles team, in an era that allowed more aggressive D

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Babe, remember what Faulk said about how winning ONE SB is as good as winning multiple SBs when he poked at the Pats.  A clear example of someone who does not pay attention to the facts and goes with a personal and biased opinion.  That is why we shall not see agreement as some will discount facts for personal reasons, generally a person who has a dislike for a player/team, while others stick to the facts, Ma'am!!!

we all have our perspectives but i fail to see where i am "discounting" facts so much as doing the more important thing, which is putting them in context and perspective

joe flacco has-i believe-the most road wins of any qb playing today, perhaps ever-that's an undeniable fact

now do u want to say he is the greatest road qb ever? don't u consider the competition, the level of importance of the game ie: CG trumps div playoff or wild card and how the game was won...he my have been better than brady in last years AFCCG - by brady's own admittance-but pats won

now while i don't believe stats are for losers-thats braindead-i also dont believe sports greatness comes down to solely cold data

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Montana in the SB:

11 tds  0 ints  4-0

and he played in an era where his conference won 8 sb's in 10 years and contained the 85 bears and the NFC east with 2 jints sb, 3 redskins sb and the eagles of buddy ryan  in the 2nd half of that decade as well as the 80-82 cowboys who went to 3 straight NFCCG with a host of (old) hall of famers

brady is an all time great, probably top 5 and i have reluctant but great respect for him-always feared what he can do when playing the pats

but montana had much stiffer competition and was the best sb qb ever-brady is fabulous he is not montana

You just defeated your own argument when you noted the NFC SB dominance of his era. So it seems the NFCCG was the real SB. He was 4-3 in those with 13 TDs and 7 INTs.

Also, if SBs were all a QB was judged on then Joe would be the man hands down. But there is a whole hell of a lot more to it than that. Otherwise Fetus Head wouldn't even be top 10.

my point is montana's NFC was a tougher fight than Brady's AFC (or to be fair Bradshaw and Staubach's 70's Conferences) and the teams he had to play was stiffer competition-

but as I said i think the greats of the 60's and 70's had it easier too...i think the 80s and 90's NFC was the hardest to play thru to the sb

So the NFCCG was the tougher contest then and the SB is the tougher contest now.

So Montana is 4-3 in NFCCGs and Brady is 3-2 in SBs, and Montana is 4-0 in SBs and Brady is 5-1 in AFCCGs. They both have superlative records in the less tough contests and not so spectacular records in the tougher ones.

i am saying that i dont know that brady has the success he has had in the 80's to mid 90's NFC...i dont know that he wins against the competition montana faced during the season or to get to the sb's....that's my point

in no way can i say brady has ever faced a team the equal of the 85 bears or the 80's giants and skins nor the D of a buddy ryan eagles team, in an era that allowed more aggressive D

You're the one who pointed out how much superior the NFC was in those years Jints.

And you are claiming Montana was great because he was 4-0 against that same inferior AFC.

You can't really have your cake and eat it too with this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

42AND46...   did I say "you" discounted facts?  My comments are a general reference to how folks perceive greatness in players.  Some look at facts while others look at more subjective material.  All in all, these types if discussions can go on ad nauseum back and forth with no one really conceding their side. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Montana in the SB:

11 tds  0 ints  4-0

Don't agree. And why all the names here for other great QBs? I'm no martyr, but I have great respect for Brady, for example, and wouldn't resort to such a thing. Generating this juvenilia for an opponent is actually unflattering for the protagonists. I doubt Brady calls PM "Gomer" behind closed doors. Ditto in referring to Eli (although his greatness, as a result of 2012, can now be questioned again), Rodgers, and others with similar nicknames.

What are these "names" you claim I have called other great QBs than the college prankster?

You're seriously giving me a hard time because I call P Manning Fetus Head on a Patriots' board? Talk about juvenile. REALLY - get over yourself.

Peyton Manning - Gomer, Horsehead

Eli - Opie

Rodgers - (I forget now)

Personally, I think Montana looks a little more like ET, but I guess that wasn't unflattering enough.

The only one I have called anything here is Fetus Head. And I will mock him until the day he comes clean on his dastardly behavior in college.

Don't confuse me with other people. And they call Eli Goober, not Opie.

If you weren't so caught up. you would have comprehended I was talking about the forum, not you specifically. And, FWIW, I've seen Eli called both.

Regarding dastardly behavior, Brady had some too; both in college & the pros. I guess you overlooked that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

42AND46...   did I say "you" discounted facts?  My comments are a general reference to how folks perceive greatness in players.  Some look at facts while others look at more subjective material.  All in all, these types if discussions can go on ad nauseum back and forth with no one really conceding their side. 

It's called cherry picking. And, for some fickle reason (too long ago?) Baugh, Graham, & Unitas are getting short shrift as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Regarding dastardly behavior, Brady had some too; both in college & the pros. I guess you overlooked that.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting, care to elaborate because to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever heard of any.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

u r correct i read ur post wrong and thought i was directed at me

i apologize for my mistake

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Montana in the SB:

11 tds  0 ints  4-0

You're the one who pointed out how much superior the NFC was in those years Jints.

And you are claiming Montana was great because he was 4-0 against that same inferior AFC.

You can't really have your cake and eat it too with this.

no babe i am saying i believe montana had better competition during the season and a harder playoff as well...i am saying it was harder for him to get to the playoffs/get out of his conference and get to the sb than brady

but again, i also say comparing eras is never going to work anyway and i put them and a few others in the upper tier, tho i still say montana, chips on the line and in the era he did it, may have to be considered the greatest

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Interesting, care to elaborate because to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever heard of any.

[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right?

Should we start with the stuff that went on with his 1st child while transitioning between beaus?

Or how about the fact that although part of the highest earning couple in the world (at least in 1 yr that it was documented) he had a car registered in NJ to save a few dollars?

He was also been known (pre-marriage) to treat women ala Jeter, then complain about the press coverage.

And here's one not widely known; my niece (on my wife's side) went to Michigan; one of her roomates was TB's GF in college for 3 yrs. She was dumped shortly before his 1st SB so that he could make it with "super bowl chicks". 

Now I don't blame him, but the method could have been nicer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[/QUOTE]

i think babe et al deserve credit here just for the use of dastardly...nice!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You're kidding right?

Should we start with the stuff that went on with his 1st child while transitioning between beaus?

Or how about the fact that the highest earning couple in the world (at least in 1 yr that I know of) had a car registered in NJ to save a few dollars?

And here's one not widely known; my niece's friend was TB's GF in colege at Michigan. She was dumped shortly before his 1st SB so that he could make it with "super bowl chicks". 

[/QUOTE]

Sure, he was with a girl in a long term relationship they had a baby then he was with another girl in another long term relationship.  By all accounts he supports all his children.  Is that strange or something?

Who gives a sh-t where his car was registered?  Do you really think that he registered his car in NJ to save $12.  He probably doesn't even register his own car, and I'm sure he doesn't give a crap what plates are on it.

As for number three, I'm beginning to think you have some sort of vendetta against Brady.  3 unverified, unsubstantiated stories that you've blown up.  Even the media couldn't make a story from this garbage.  You really think Brady told this girl (who I don't believe you actually have a connection to) that he was dumping her for "Super Bowl chicks."  Why would he say that?  Why not just dump are and not tell her why?  You ever think this girl might me full of it and mad about being dumped that's why her story makes no sense?

Seriously the only reason I can see for anyone believing any of what you just said is because they have an agenda.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You're kidding right?

Or how about the fact that the highest earning couple in the world (at least in 1 yr that I know of) had a car registered in NJ to save a few dollars?

And here's one not widely known; my niece's friend was TB's GF in colege at Michigan. She was dumped shortly before his 1st SB so that he could make it with "super bowl chicks". 

Sure, he was with a girl in a long term relationship they had a baby then he was with another girl in another long term relationship.  By all accounts he supports both all his children.  Is that strange or something?

Who gives a sh-t where his car was registered?  Do you really think that he registered his car in NJ to save $12.  He probably doesn't even register his own car, and I'm sure he doesn't give a crap what plates are on it.

As for number three, I'm beginning to think you have some sort of vendetta against Brady.  3 unverified, unsubstantiated stories that you've blown up.  Even the media couldn't make a story from this garbage.  You really think Brady told this girl (who I don't believe you actually have a connection to) that he was dumping her for "Super Bowl chicks."  Why would he say that?  Why not just dump are and not tell her why?  You ever think this girl might me full of it and mad about being dumped that's why her story makes no sense?

Seriously the only reason I can see for anyone believing any of what you just said is because they have an agenda.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I don't care what U believe. I was just responding to why someone would call Montana "Fetushead", and then get a bunch of lame excuses and then answer you. And I have nothing but the utmost respect for the great Brady, and while nobody's perfect, the discussion here has been rife with the usual homerism. Anyway, those are the facts, with the possible exception of the GF, and like you said, whose recounting of what happened between them may not be on the up and up, possibly due to sour grapes; just like we see here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're kidding right?

Or how about the fact that although part of the highest earning couple in the world (at least in 1 yr that it was documented) he had a car registered in NJ to save a few dollars?

He was also been known (pre-marriage) to treat women ala Jeter, then complain about the press coverage.

And here's one not widely known; my niece (on my wife's side) went to Michigan; one of her roomates was TB's GF in college for 3 yrs. She was dumped shortly before his 1st SB so that he could make it with "super bowl chicks". 

You've got to be kidding. You're actually going to try to compare Brady having a child out of wedlock in this day and age to somebody forcibly sticking his hole and testicles in a female trainer's face while he laughed as he held her down?

This is all BS. Your credibility is falling like a rock.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're kidding right?

Sure, he was with a girl in a long term relationship they had a baby then he was with another girl in another long term relationship.  By all accounts he supports both all his children.  Is that strange or something?

LOL, I don't care what U believe. I was just responding to why someone would call Montana "Fetushead", and then get a bunch of lame excuses and then answer you. And I have nothing but the utmost respect for the great Brady, and while nobody's perfect, the discussion here has been rife with the usual homerism. Anyway, those are the facts, with the possible exception of the GF, and like you said, whose recounting of what happened between them may not be on the up and up, possibly due to sour grapes; just like we see here.

[/QUOTE]

I call Manning Fetus Head, not Montana. LMAO

Read up on Manning's "college prank" then get back to us. You're having a bad day bro.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You're kidding right?

I call Manning Fetus Head, not Montana. LMAO

Read up on Manning's "college prank" then get back to us. You're having a bad day bro.

[/QUOTE]

My mistake. I shall do so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

All I was found were petty pranks, mostly involving food in strange places. Link please?

Sections
Shortcuts