More Anti Patriot Rules?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: More Anti Patriot Rules?

What I'm getting from this is that we're going to see more holding calls (which should please fans) and no-huddle offenses will be marginally less effective.

Hmmm . . .  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

In Response to More Anti Patriot Rules?:
    [QUOTE]I suppose we are going to hear from all of you pat fans making excuses about how the league is trying to make rules to hurt the Patriots.  By the way, I still have not seen a QB get more phantom roughing calls than Brady, it must be the red jersey.   http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2010/08/new_rules_take_a_trick_out_of.html
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Moron alert, moron alert!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, if the competition committee made this move specifically to thwart Wes Welker (as I could imagine at least one person on that committee doing), it seems to me it's going to backfire on teams that like to mix in the no-huddle, the most notable one I can think of being the Colts.

It's a head-scratcher.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

This was a colts punishment rule - there must be a pats mole w/ cache (or money) on the comp committee, because everyone knows Bill Polian rules that committee, and no one uses the no huddle more or more effectively than the colts. 

If there is anything that stinks of conspiracy more than this I don't know what it is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

By the way - no patriot would ever try to use another individual as a pick.  In some cases its against the rules, in all others its against the spirit of the rules. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Ahhhhh...the Jets trolls. They get less and less creative everyday. I'm starting to miss Leon, at least he was entertaining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

he has a point here...

alot of you on here paint it as if the NFL hates the pats and designs rules specifically to hinder the progress of the pats

or that polian runs the competition committee to the point where anyone's elses imput would mean a trip to the guillotine

personally...im for more rules that help defenses...45-40 games arent any more or less fun than 21-17 games and the league needs to realize that not every football fan wants to see more scoring

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

fair enough killa but brady has also been the beneficiary of the sacred QB fraternity

which is what tires me out about these anti-colts rants on this board

all teams have to play by the same rules...sometimes things get called, sometimes they dont...until we get perfect refs...this is the way it will be...aside from that its all splitting hairs on which calls your or mine team did or didnt get

i got 10 bucks that says the pats will get screwed on more than 10 calls this year while they are the beneficiary of 10 calls too...any takers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

My Take:

1 added (or RE-positioned) NFL Umpire right behind the Offense=

Less Off-sides on O-Lineman: That Umpire 5-8 yards behind the D-Lineman could see BOTH the snap of the ball easier (No added QB to block the view)- AND with that Umpire moving from the middle of the Defense, to behind the Offense, LESS frontal view of O-Lineman "jumping" (twitching, moving, whatever)-Taken together, That Umpire viewing shallowly on the Defensive side (behind D-line/near the LBs)- Could BOTH see the snap of the ball AND the O-Lineman moving precisely to the snap, FAR Better than 1 being behind the O-Line and watching the backs (or b#tts) of the O-Lineman and a shielded snap.

Possibly MORE encroachment by the Defense:  Again "possibly" here.  1 more NFL Umpire seeing the frontal view of D-Lineman/Blitzing LBs or whatever, Might make for more calls of encroachment/crossing into neutral zone by Defenders...They're getting a LESS objective view of D guys at the line- 2 Umpires getting a Frontal View now of Defenders @ LOS, can certainly make for an awkward & less "objective" view of D-Lineman jumping early, BUT then-getting back behind theLOS at the time, no doubt a possibility here.

More "Roughing the Passer" Calls:  Sorry people...no doubt here.  1 added NFL Umpire behind the Offense in the backfield.  Also, to those "Other NFL Fans" who'll attempt to cite The "Brady Rule" B-S-, Do me a favor and look up somewhere The TOTAL number of roughing the passer calls which Peyton Manning has gotten in his Career vs those for Brady, I mean- I, at least, Will bet my Immortal Soul that Manning has been the beneficiary of more of these calls...

Possibly More Offensive Holding Calls:  Again, They've called imho FAR less O Holding in the recent years of Explosive Offenses, so WhoTH knows what's gonna happen here?  Either way, idk- But again, It's 1 more Ump back behind the LOS with an added view of the passing pocket, so a decent potential here.

CERTAINLY- Far less potential picks and mismatches due to "getting out of the Official's way", <for that official within/near the Defense's LBs/behind the D-Line>, AND this will greatly affect, NOT the long-ball prone Offenses, BUT WILL affect those Offenses that use the slot-receiver greatly, and INCLUDING added emphasis on the TightEnd, BOTH-to a degree, In Place of having a above-average Running Game=No potential "picks" of these short yardage passing Offenses with emphasis on short screens, slants to slot WRs & TEs over short middle.

Possibly effecting "some" No Huddle traits...But, I mean, gimme a break- So, IF the D has a smaller nickel package in, on 3rd and long, AND IF the Offense gets a long 1st down, THEN that Offense can't exploit the smaller nickel Defense, with a quick Running Play for an extra yard or two against a smaller Defensive unit = Yea, NOT a bigge here people.

CONCLUSION:  Wow, For a Defensive Obsessed Coach looking to get to a VERY good QB and put added pressure on him, So he doesn't have the time to throw the long ball, AND for a Team who uses their slot WR extremely well and excessively for big gains, AND for a team who bulked up on decent TEs in the Offseason, AND for ateam who still has big worries RE: their starting O-Lineman (and so they might deal with inferior/inexperienced guys more prone to "holding calls"...I mean, UNLESS your team has ALL these trademarks, THEN NO- It shouldn't effect them, and so (lmao), NO WAY The Competition Committee (and those on it)- Would dare do this to affect Ahh- The New England Patriots, for instance... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: More Anti Patriot Rules?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to More Anti Patriot Rules? : I would argue that every QB in the league gets the over-protection calls from the refs, not just Brady. The Carson Palmer rule was in full effect before 2009.  Talk to him.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

of course you would

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

MOST fans of EVERY team whines, cries and makes excuses!!  Don't make it a Pats thing!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It sounds as if Welker doesn't get to use the refs as a pick, but the Colts have to slow down their hurry up offense. 

And for the love of all that is pure, the Pats were the team with the most 'Roughing the passer' called against, and the least called for. You dweebs should really check facts before you start talking. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

um big deal? i think, maybe?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

If you think Welker is the only one who uses the ref as a pick you are an idiot.  Apparently you are an idiot anyway based on this posting. 
    Fans from other teams always complain about Brady getting calls.  What they are really saying is "Waaaa..he is killing my team so I need some excuse"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I know the Jets and the Colts would never run a pick play. 

Unless it's a Pick Six!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Anti Patriot Rules? : That is actually the point.  Many players do it.  However, Patriot fans will interpret this change as a direct assault on their franchise and added proof that the NFL is out to get them.  RE Brady, here are a few quotes, even one from patfan favorite Rodney Harrison. "Terrell Suggs barely touched Tom Brady 's leg and Brady started complaining like Tonya Harding hired someone to come after him." "The second was when Haloti Ngata grazed Brady's helmet. Maybe Brady was worried Ngata would mess up his hair because again Brady begged for a flag to be thrown." "Maybe Rodney Harrison said it best, "Tom Brady, if you're listening, take off the skirt and put on some slacks.""
    Posted by FatRex[/QUOTE]

??  your the first I've heard to complain about it being an anti-Pats rule. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Anti Patriot Rules? : That is actually the point.  Many players do it.  However, Patriot fans will interpret this change as a direct assault on their franchise and added proof that the NFL is out to get them.  RE Brady, here are a few quotes, even one from patfan favorite Rodney Harrison. "Terrell Suggs barely touched Tom Brady 's leg and Brady started complaining like Tonya Harding hired someone to come after him." "The second was when Haloti Ngata grazed Brady's helmet. Maybe Brady was worried Ngata would mess up his hair because again Brady begged for a flag to be thrown." "Maybe Rodney Harrison said it best, "Tom Brady, if you're listening, take off the skirt and put on some slacks.""
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Ngata slapped Brady in the head and Brady didn't call for a flag, you fruit. 

Suggs on the other hand, Suggs fell towards his knee. The only reason why Suggs didn't make contact with Brady was because Brady jumped out of the way. Sure, Brady called for a flag, I would too. He just came back from a major knee surgery and some idiot is going after his knee? What do you want him to do, tell Suggs he can sleep with his wife? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

RE Brady, here are a few quotes, even one from patfan favorite Rodney Harrison.
    "Terrell Suggs barely touched Tom Brady's leg and Brady started complaining like Tonya Harding hired someone to come after him."

"The second was when Haloti Ngata grazed Brady's helmet. Maybe Brady was worried Ngata would mess up his hair because again Brady begged for a flag to be thrown."

"Maybe Rodney Harrison said it best, "Tom Brady, if you're listening, take off the skirt and put on some slacks
    ."

Apart from concrete stats, objective facts, first hand knowledge, second hand knowledge, hard evidence, worthwhile figures, IF THIS ain't proof by Non-Patriot Fans in regards to Tom Brady bein' a candy-#ss and ALWAYS beggin' an ump for a Roughing-the-Passer Flag, well...I just don't know what is considered "proof" then...

Sections
Shortcuts