More Cap space with Mankins on board for 6 yrs, WHO'S NEXT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: More Cap space with Mankins on board for 6 yrs, WHO'S NEXT?

If we are going to trade a WR it shouldn't be our fastest one (Tate) or the one blowing up camp (Price) who have yet to show their true value.

Rather have a handshake extension with Wes signed with the 2011 cap unaffected. Trade Edelman. His talent here is limited with the new return rules and Wes being even healthier. Other teams could see him as a major impact 2nd-3rd WR in the slot, toiling behind one of the only handful of guys better than him in that role, his value is prob the highest of the 3.

If Wes was worth a 2nd/7th in '07 at age 26, Julian, at age 25, should at least fetch a 3rd rounder. Right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: More Cap space with Mankins on board for 6 yrs, WHO'S NEXT?:
    [QUOTE]Wouldn't they have already dealt Meriweather by now? I guess you could go in with Sanders and Chung and then keep pressing to deal Meriweather. Maybe resign McGowan for less and Brown is the SS back up with Malcolm Williams as the emergency player. But, yeah, if they really want to still run the 3-4, Roth is sitting there.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Maybe nobody wants Merriweather... 

I mean, it only takes one team to do a trade, but still.  The Pats already missed the boat on signing Donte Whitner, so they'd have to trade for a safety if they want another one.  Funny how fast things change because we were talking about safety depth three weeks ago before Jarrad Page signed with the Eagles and McGowan was cut.

Merriweather will get showcased tomorrow night if he's going to be traded.  Hopefully he flashes something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: More Cap space with Mankins on board for 6 yrs, WHO'S NEXT?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Cap space with Mankins on board for 6 yrs, WHO'S NEXT? : Maybe nobody wants Merriweather...  I mean, it only takes one team to do a trade, but still.  The Pats already missed the boat on signing Donte Whitner, so they'd have to trade for a safety if they want another one.  Funny how fast things change because we were talking about safety depth three weeks ago before Jarrad Page signed with the Eagles and McGowan was cut. Merriweather will get showcased tomorrow night if he's going to be traded.  Hopefully he flashes something.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Yes

It is strange how the Merriweather trade rumors have only increased as names like Whitner, Page and Goldson all went off the market.

I'd be thrilled if we had 1 of those guys on the roster the last week and were talking about the ability to either keep Merriweather 'as a luxury' or trade him 'only for a 2nd rounder b/c he is a pro-bowler'

but now it just looks like we dislike his play and/or him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1. sign roth

2. take a step in the right direction and extend welker, we don't want to toe the line.  we want to avoid putting our foot in our mouth by losing one of the best slot recievers. he has some of the surest hands and quickest feet in the league. i am sure many teams are on their heels hoping he becomes a FA. he is one of the best slot recievers in the league who fights for every foot of yardage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I don't think we'll be using the cap on players outside the system. I think we've established our current team and that it's time to now address extensions for players specifically Mayo, Welker, Meriweather, Green-Ellis, Guyton, and Connolly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

No man on that team deserves an extension more than Welker right now.  That guy deserves to get his payday.  He's overplayed his contract without so much as a peep from him.  Let's hope they take care of him.