More Evidence Coming Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: More Evidence Coming Forward

AGREED WE GOT SCREWED HORRIBLY BY GOODELLE AND HIS NY CRONIES. I THINK KRAFT SHOULD PROTEST THIS BS GAME, IT WAS SOOOOOO OBIOUSLY FIXED IN THE JETS FAVOR

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

As I figured, the more people dig into these previous FGs and PATs, in this game or weeks prior, we're going to see other teams doing things worse in regulation as compared to the love tap from Jones as he tried to stunt on the play.

Check this out:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7024/uuxk.jpg

I wish that was a video, if you DVRd this game, go ahead and watch him extend and push his teammate into the line FROM BEHIND.

I just watched it off the DVR and it could easily be seen as the D Linemen behind the other getting more push.

Jones did not even follwing Svitek from behind. He sidestepped him to stunt and penetrate.

Well well well. Hard to tell from just a screen shot but I'll be checking out my DVR recording when I get home. I already know what I'll find already. Nice pickup. You are doing more journalism than real journalists do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nice fake sardoniscism B in B, but that was a call in search of a caller, and the jets got it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

As I figured, the more people dig into these previous FGs and PATs, in this game or weeks prior, we're going to see other teams doing things worse in regulation as compared to the love tap from Jones as he tried to stunt on the play.

Check this out:

I wish that was a video, if you DVRd this game, go ahead and watch him extend and push his teammate into the line FROM BEHIND.

I just watched it off the DVR and it could easily be seen as the D Linemen behind the other getting more push.

Jones did not even follwing Svitek from behind. He sidestepped him to stunt and penetrate.

I keep trying to get that silly thing to play so I can see this pushing.  It won't play.  What's the trick?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Dwayne is a good freind of mine.  He's not a Steelers fan, though.  He's a Patriot troll pretending to be a Steelers fan.  He's a good guy, though.  If Dwayne says it, it must be true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Dwayne is a good freind of mine.  He's not a Steelers fan, though.  He's a Patriot troll pretending to be a Steelers fan.  He's a good guy, though.  If Dwayne says it, it must be true.

Sounds great, Bustchise. Fact is, it's pretty bad when a Steelers hater is blushing with how bad it is the NFL tries to target the NE Patriots with rule changes and/or perceptions of how to enforce a rule.

This was a game IN OT as well.

It's next to impossible that this has not occurred this year through 6 weeks which means all the refs don't know their own rule OR, this was a massive stretch of enforcing said rule to help the Jets get into better FG range.

To intelligent people, it's very obviously the latter.

I hate rules too. Any of the penalties called against the Jets bogus?  How did you forsee that game ending if not for that dumb rule that the refs enforced?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Sounds great, Bustchise. Fact is, it's pretty bad when a Steelers hater is blushing with how bad it is the NFL tries to target the NE Patriots with rule changes and/or perceptions of how to enforce a rule.

It's next to impossible that this has not occurred this year through 6 weeks which means all the refs don't know their own rule OR, this was a massive stretch of enforcing said rule to help the Jets get into better FG range.

How many times was the tuck rule called before it was called in favor of the Pats?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Check this out:

Well well well. Hard to tell from just a screen shot but I'll be checking out my DVR recording when I get home. I already know what I'll find already. Nice pickup. You are doing more journalism than real journalists do.

Here is my other issue: Since this is a new rule, and if some teams are doing stunts like this where it is in violation, why can't the league call the coaches of the teams to simply tell them that also counts as "pushing your teammate"? It's a new rule!   Also, we all know the rule is designed for the people BEHIND YOU, not next to you.  

It's preposterous to leave a judgement call in the hands of some moron ref because he sees a stunt by an interior lineman as "pushing from behind"?  JOnes actually shuffles Svitek to his left, going around Svitek to run his stunt. So, pushing laterally, as weak as that is forward?

It's not.

Why does the memo go to the refs, but not to the teams?  I have a problem with this.

It's becoming increasingly more obvious that as you really sit back and look at the facts, much of which I've mentioned in other threads, that this was not only the wrong call, but it might be a bagjob, outright.

I know Rocky went to this game, but is it a possibility the flags on the 3 calls that were incorrectly called by rule, came from the same ref in the 2nd half???

When you watch that replay, the Jets player is in line behind the guy rushing. He is contacting his teammate, which could be seen as pushing.

The memo went to the team as the rule was put in play.

Jones knew about the rule.  BB knew about the rule

Jones broke the rule

He did not side step anyone.  He got behind and pushed.

Jones, who said after the game that he was previously aware of the rule, took responsibility for the penalty.

"Yeah, it was something we talked about probably during camp and stuff, and it just slipped out of my mind," he said. "So I just, it was just my mistake, nobody else's. I've just got to man up and fix it next time."

That being said, it being called for the first time this year is suspect, but it doesn't excuse Jones for making the error, and it certainly doesn't excuse the overall poor play of the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Though Jones did appear to push Svitek, he was originally lined up on the line of scrimmage. The violation is said to occur only when the pushing player starts at the second level of the defense, which is what Belichick took exception to.

"You can't push on the second level," he said. "I didn't think we did that."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Check this out:

1 of the worst calls I have ever seen in a game. Virtually handed the Jets the game. Pats were ordinary though and shouldn't have allowed it to be that close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Check this out:

1 of the worst calls I have ever seen in a game. Virtually handed the Jets the game. Pats were ordinary though and shouldn't have allowed it to be that close.

I know, rules are so dumb.  Do you hate rules too?  Did you know the Jets had 46 minutes of TOP?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

More evidence..

Read this carefully:

Greg Bedard of TheMMQB.com pointed out that the examples the NFL showed teams during the offseason concerning the new rule showed linebackers lining up behind defensive linemen and pushing. That could be why Belichick was confused.

"We've seen it before, and it hasn't been called," Blandino said. "This is the first time it's been called."

Jones was not lined up behind Svitek, nor is he a LB. Everyone knows what the new rule means, but incidental, sidestepping of your interior lineman by guiding him out of your way, was apparently not shown as an example at the GM/coaches meetings this past winter.

I have a problem with this. If you are not going to be clear with an easily enforceable rule, don't add the rule.

Could it be for 6 weeks this has not been called because the refs never saw it as a penalty before based on what was shown and instructed in the offseason meetings??!!!!

Hello?

Pats got BAGGED in this game. Big time.

The refs didn't know it was a penalty until today?  Interesting.

Did you know Illegal Cut has only been called one time this entire season.  It is a 15 yard penatly.  Weird. Right?  Why hasn't it been called more?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Worst call of all time

The ref gave the game to the jets

If they had lost by good play I would be ok

The ref had to be looking for a call to make

no one was in danfpger of anything

I am striking all nfl games for two weeks

And deirdork immediately started talking about safety , bssbsbs

Even Rex was embarrassed by It

rusty, u r right, this is the first time called, but I am sure that there other real calls never made

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

How many times was the tuck rule called before it was called in favor of the Pats?

Not sure but I do know it was called against the Pats earlier that season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Svitek blocks down, at an angle to knock his man off the block, Jones stunts around him to get through the whole created by Svitek to try and block the kick, Jones gets sandwiched by the Jets blockers... this is a stunt used all the time, nothing illegal about it at all.  Watch the replay, Svitek attacks the blocker at an angle, Jones loops around and gets smushed.  BS call.

I'm moving on, we've always known that Vegas and pro sports were in collusion together, it is only cognitive dissonance that makes us want to believe otherwise.  The same reason we believe garbage like the "magic bullet" theory, the 9-11 commission report or that our government has our best intentions at heart, we don't want to know the truth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is VP of officiating Dean Blandino On the rule change in September.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237712/article/new-nfl-rules-overloading-line-restriction-will-protect-linemen

He says you can't push from the second level.  Obviously

that's not how they wrote the rule, even if that is

how it was intended.  Bedard says the two plays that

were shown in camp from the officials were

from the LB'ers coming in from the second level.  

BB probably tthought hat that was the rule because the officials in

charge of teaching the rule, including the VP

of officiating were teaching it wrong.  Which blows, but the

call the ref made is what the rule says.  

Bad time to learn the rule but its over, the game 

wasn't just about that one play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Not sure but I do know it was called against the Pats earlier that season.

Meadowland Mike is Bustchise.   He's also still manuevering around as Phat Virgin, Bungalow Bill, etc.

Who?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Here is VP of officiating Dean Blandino On the rule change in September.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237712/article/new-nfl-rules-overloading-line-restriction-will-protect-linemen

He says you can't push from the second level.  Obviously

that's not how they wrote the rule, even if that is

how it was intended.  Bedard says the two plays that

were shown in camp from the officials were

from the LB'ers coming in from the second level.  

BB probably tthought hat that was the rule because the officials in

charge of teaching the rule, including the VP

of officiating were teaching it wrong.  Which blows, but the

call the ref made is what the rule says.  

Bad time to learn the rule but its over, the game 

wasn't just about that one play.

Just because it's a rule doesn't mean the refs should enforce it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is a story that is just unfolding, folks.

The rule is apparently correct, but the officials didn't even understand their own rule, so when they explained this new rule with examples, they never talked about D Linemen and D Linemen doing any kind of pushing or stunting.

This explains why this was never called for until Week 7.

So, this is the NFL trying to cover its own butt, which is again embarrassing. Really no different han Spygate where Goodell didn't even his own rule that he updated and changed.

My god.

1.  The rule is correct.

2.  The rulebook remains unchanged.

3.  Your calls of "Team B" being guys off the line was dead wrong, despite you writing it 1,000 times, calling everyone names who was actually right.

4.  You can apologize to me now...after you get that egg off your face.

Sections
Shortcuts