More from Colts Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

More from Colts Camp

You might as well know what's going on with one of your rivals. 

I was completely unaware of this site until Enoch Root said that I needed to take of this particular site's googles and open my eyes.  Now I know why, this site is great. 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/8/8/982109/2009-colts-training-camp-notes

Anyway, just blog stuff that has had me feeling really positive and occassionally slightly concerned, but here was the thing I liked most and worst.

"Defense caused offense to stall in multiple three-and-outs. Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter sacked often. Several passes tipped or disrupted because of pass rush. Manning was visibly annoyed. Somewhere in the Rose Hulman facilities right now, Larry Coyer is smiling."

If the defense with its new wrinkles is having great success, that bodes well for the colts.  The offense generally figures these things out in due time and is productive.  That said, my concern is the offensive line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: More from Colts Camp

underdogg:

Yes, the defense's early showing seems to bode well for the team. However, you also have to consider that this is the part of training camp when the offense is trying to get their timing back as well as fit new people in the mix (if applicable) and until they get their act together - the defense tends to pull big plays, if not actually dominate the 11-on-11 drills. Usually, this situation will last no more than a week or so - then, the O vs. D drills will be much more balanced.

Unless, of course, there is an underlying problem or problems - which, in the case of the Colts shouldn't be an issue (although its existence, were that be the case, would bring undeniable joy to Indy's rivals).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Underdogg didn't know about Stampede Blue?

I believe that.

Other things I believe:

The check actually is in the mail (I will soon be receiving several million dollars from a mysterious Nigerian prince . . .  really -- any day now).

Bill Clinton did not inhale (and he does, in fact, feel our pain).

The earth has a creamy nougat center.

The rampant use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports is a vast media conspiracy.

Gerry Mathers was killed in Vietnam.

The economic recovery is well under way.

Paul is dead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

Who gives a $#!*? Our rivals? This year, they are the Steelers and Chargers. Your window is closing fast. Enjoy the season......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

B -

I guess my optimism and pessimism, comes from the fact that we have a new DC that is making adjustments to the defensive scheme that the vets have never previously had to think about.  We are working in some new d tackles also. 

On offense, all of the players on the o-line have been in the system at least a year.  Now last year the o-line was a mess with many injuries and multiple shifting of players positions because of them.  I suppose that all of that shifting while creating valuable experience for 3 rookies (last year) that made starts kept the unit from developing any real cohesiveness and all of that is being worked out now.  Hopefully the jelling comes before the reg season and hopefully the line is healthier this year. 

Mike - I think I overstated, I guess I knew about the site but never paid attention because I thought it was just homers like me writing nothing but rah rah stuff without a critical eye.  Additionally, whenever I wanted to look up opinions on the colts, I searched for message boards and not blogs.  The first and most prominent colts board was forum.colts.com (and indystar.com), and that is where I always went, and what I found were exactly what I was trying to avoid - homers without a critical eye.  I am not well versed in the blogosphere thing. 

So after Root's comment, I decided to check it out a little more deeply, and I swear I heard heavenly choirs singing.  So, I guess as full of it as Root is, I do owe him my gratitude for pointing me toward this wonderful site. 

Now I can share with you some better information about the colts.  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: More from Colts Camp:
    Who gives a $#!*? Our rivals? This year, they are the Steelers and Chargers. Your window is closing fast. Enjoy the season......
    Posted by bronson05

Bronson - I guess you are right.  the colts have beaten the pats 4 of the last 5 games.  there has to be some competition for there to be a rivalry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to More from Colts Camp:
    You might as well know what's going on with one of your rivals.  I was completely unaware of this site until Enoch Root said that I needed to take of this particular site's googles and open my eyes.  Now I know why, this site is great.  http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/8/8/982109/2009-colts-training-camp-notes Anyway, just blog stuff that has had me feeling really positive and occassionally slightly concerned, but here was the thing I liked most and worst. "Defense caused offense to stall in multiple three-and-outs. Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter sacked often. Several passes tipped or disrupted because of pass rush. Manning was visibly annoyed. Somewhere in the Rose Hulman facilities right now, Larry Coyer is smiling." If the defense with its new wrinkles is having great success, that bodes well for the colts.  The offense generally figures these things out in due time and is productive.  That said, my concern is the offensive line.
    Posted by underdogg

Awesome. You quit and you lie. I am beginning to wonder if you are actually Sarah Palin. She was wearing a Patriots sweatshirt in a recent photo op. 

Nah. <Enoch shakes his head> Couldn't be. She is more masculine than you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to More from Colts Camp:
    You might as well know what's going on with one of your rivals.  I was completely unaware of this site until Enoch Root said that I needed to take of this particular site's googles and open my eyes.  Now I know why, this site is great.  http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/8/8/982109/2009-colts-training-camp-notes Anyway, just blog stuff that has had me feeling really positive and occassionally slightly concerned, but here was the thing I liked most and worst. "Defense caused offense to stall in multiple three-and-outs. Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter sacked often. Several passes tipped or disrupted because of pass rush. Manning was visibly annoyed. Somewhere in the Rose Hulman facilities right now, Larry Coyer is smiling." If the defense with its new wrinkles is having great success, that bodes well for the colts.  The offense generally figures these things out in due time and is productive.  That said, my concern is the offensive line.
    Posted by underdogg

Want an update from COLTS camp?

Peyton is whining like a Bi-otch... He has't quite gotten up to Game speed yet, but he is well on his way...

James Sanders went to the rest room and while he was in there he Pulled his groin.... so he is now sitting down having an Iced tea and a cigarette....

Addai is looking good (to himself) as he keeps flexing his muscels and looking in the buckles of the shipping trunks....

Holy Cr@p... one of those lucky horseshoes your team carries with them just fell on Gonzales' head while he was tying his shoes.... He may miss the first Pres-season game....

Your entire DL is on their knees while Pey Pey is standing above them prefessing that he is their master... what is up with that?  I know they didn't sack him in the first four drills- but that is because he has a PINK jersey on vice the traditional RED jersey that Most QB's wear.....   Will he wear a skirt tomorrow also?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Re: More from Colts Camp : Bronson - I guess you are right.  the colts have beaten the pats 4 of the last 5 games.  there has to be some competition for there to be a rivalry.
    Posted by underdogg

Yeah and IRSAY still keeps kissing the backside of the Schedule makers to keep the games in INDY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who really gives a rats ASSS about the Colts? So some guy has peytons number,big deal the colts O-line stinks!Any other crazy news?I'll worry about the Colts when we play them...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Posted by bronson05

Yeah, I guess the Pat rivals would be the Bills, Browns, Chiefs and other non-playoff teams...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to More from Colts Camp : Awesome. You quit and you lie. I am beginning to wonder if you are actually Sarah Palin. She was wearing a Patriots sweatshirt in a recent photo op.  Nah. <Enoch shakes his head /> Couldn't be. She is more masculine than you.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Now Now Root, its not called quitting when I have effectively and definitively defended my original comments that you challenged.  The rest was simply failed character assassination on your part as you have done again here. 

I thought you had a significant level of intelligence, but I was obviously wrong because you cannot seem to get past the adolescent character digs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: More from Colts Camp : Yeah and IRSAY still keeps kissing the backside of the Schedule makers to keep the games in INDY.
    Posted by wwsf4ever

This is the spot where those who know football chuckle and then move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: More from Colts Camp : Now Now Root, its not called quitting when I have effectively and definitively defended my original comments that you challenged.  The rest was simply failed character assassination on your part as you have done again here.  I thought you had a significant level of intelligence, but I was obviously wrong because you cannot seem to get past the adolescent character digs.  
    Posted by underdogg

LOL. You are more like Palin than I thought. Rather delusional.

And, quite frankly, you seem to be ignoring your sniping little comments in posts to which aren't even related to me. Do you recall those? If not scroll up. It is quite funny.

You see, your behavior is indicative of a person who feels they have lost and are struggling with it emotionally. You see it often in adolescent girls (My apologies to the women readers here, but it is documented that girls argue and respond from a more emotive level.) You see, they haven't gotten decent control of how to express themselves and after an argument or debate will give up in the middle (The "whatever" response). Then, later they will start making snide comments about the person that they feel they have lost to. This could be a parent, a boyfriend, etc... It doesn't matter really. Basically, you are responding from emotional desperation. It explains the quitting and the rude comments after that were unrelated to the original incident. So, you really are just like a little girl. 

But that isn't something that wasn't known already.

Hey, I hear there is a sale on sparkle polish down at the mall. You should get a ride from your parents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

Same story as the last couple of years...the Colts offense is going to have to try and carry them.  Get them off that turf where they have to actually play on real grass and they will get crushed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Uugh...now that NFL training camp has started, all of Indiana'a young men have to leave their sheep's behind and start hanging out on different NFL chat forums.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Point well taken, jints! However, you know as well as I do that it is not only what penalties are called during the game - but when, during said game can not only change a team's momentum (on either side of the ball) but also the course of the game.

For example, from a Patriots' fan perspective, you may be seeing a Colts' drive that is about to be stopped - be kept alive by an untimely penalty for an act that could have conceivably been going on the entire game but is now being cited by the referees...it seems to happen quite a bit during Colts-Patriots games.

Yes, jints....there are times when we lose and deservedly so....as in a couple of years ago when the Patriots couldn't keep a slim lead during the Super Bowl and lost their chance at a 19-0 season. But there are other times when you might say....what is that about?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

B - You are genuinely rational in your responses.  It is nice to see the fan in you come out.  Those calls happen to every team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

B - You are genuinely rational in your responses.  It is nice to see the fan in you come out.  Those calls happen to every team. 
    Posted by underdogg

Thank you for the compliment! I understand that every team gets those calls...which is why I prefaced my comment with:"...from a Patriots' fan perspective."

Believe me, I know from painful experience that most things in life are "truthful" to the degree and angle from whatever vantage point you happen to be at the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Might have jinxed yourself Dogg

www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif" alt="" width="10" height="1" />Colts coach Jim Caldwell revealed Wednesday that FS Antoine Bethea will be sidelined indefinitely with a broken right hand.
    Indianapolis could get away with SS Bob Sanders (knee) missing time because Melvin Bullitt is a strong replacement. But the loss of Bethea, a 2007 Pro Bowler and the Colts' top tackling defensive back in 2008, is going to hurt. He'll be fitted with a cast and return when he's able to play through it. Obviously, Bethea will have a hard time making plays with one hand. Aug. 12 - 7:43 pm et

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Wiz - had not seen this yet.  This is truly bad news. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Wiz - one other note.  A hand is much better than a knee.  If he can play and hit without pain (and he's got a few weeks to overcome that), I think we will be ok, even if he were drop a couple of ints. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Everybody compares themselves to the Patriots.  Everybody wants to be the Patriots' rival. 

Here's the rival list for 2010:

1.  Miami, even though their defense gave up 48 points at home to the Patriots the last meeting.  New England plays them twice and that counts.  They're still #1 for squeaking into the playoffs via tiebreaker.  Just as important, they have Channing Crowder who thugged out after he personally lost much of the 48 points and the game, and immediately entered the Boston Bruins Hall of Hame as a 260 pound leather bag.  So then Joey Porter, who equally brought the truckload of shame into Fishy Stadium, thugs out too in garbage time.  Bad blood!

2. and 3.  Jets and Bills.  Divisional rivals.  Probably wussies this year.

4.  Pittsburgh, despite the fact that New England doesn't play them in the regular season.  They'll most probably meet in January.  Pitts got a miracle ice storm to disable New England's passing attack last meeting.  As it was, Pitts would have been trailing at the half if Ghost hadn't missed a short range field goal in the ice at the end of the half.  Anyways, various wussies still give them a #1 power ranking (while New England gets #2).

5.  Tennessee.  I think they're likely to win their division.  Would have been labeled the toughest game of the season, but it's not an away game.

6.  Now Indianapolis.  First off, New England doesn't play them until 11/15.  What if Indy has plunged to 4-4 by then?  The 11/15 game will probably mean more to Indy than to New England.  It's fun for the defense to beat Peyton, tho.

Sections
Shortcuts