More Guarantees and Less $s.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

More Guarantees and Less $s.

Doesn't Brady's deal mirror those obtained by Gronk and Hern? As I recall they took somewhat less money for higher guaranteed dough. I'm not aware of any other teams doing same. Are the Pats starting yet another trend?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: More Guarantees and Less $s.

In response to teegee's comment:

Doesn't Brady's deal mirror those obtained by Gronk and Hern? As I recall they took somewhat less money for higher guaranteed dough. I'm not aware of any other teams doing same. Are the Pats starting yet another trend?

Gronk got paid as a top 3 TE and Hern was paid as a top 10 TE so not sure their contracts are the best examples.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

All I know is, this puts the ball in Wes's court and totally solidifies BB's leverage in the Welker negotiations.

You have Brady making more room for his buddy Welker, which means if Wes were to leave, he looks like he made the wrong choice.

The question is, can they now sign a Hartline and Welker? Probably not, but it makes this whole thing very interesting.

Or, do you turn to Steven Jackson and treat him like a Corey Dillon where you walk away from Woodhead?

Jackson would pretty much force Brady to be under center more and throw less to Welker. The red zone offense, which is the key, would be as good as anyone's in the league at that point.

Getting sort of a post 2006 offseaosn vibe right about now.

I don't think they need Jackson. Dont think it would be a good use of resources.

They have Ridley, and at some point, they need to start developing their younger guys. Ridley played well enough last season, and seeing as this will be his second season as a starter, it's not inconceivable that he can get a little bit better.

Outside of WR and Oline depth, I think the offense is perfectly fine. I think theyre playoff woes are more of an execution/health thing than a personnel problem.

Defense has personnel issues, and they'll to use as many resources as they can to fortify all three levels.

Steven Jackson would be a luxury, not a need.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

All I know is, this puts the ball in Wes's court and totally solidifies BB's leverage in the Welker negotiations.

You have Brady making more room for his buddy Welker, which means if Wes were to leave, he looks like he made the wrong choice.

Wes has the leverage here.  How bad would it look if Brady said lets get this deal done so Welker can stay then they don't sign Welker?  Remember how mad Brady was when the let Branch go?

Now Wes just has to make sure he doesn't turn down a really legit offer, which I don't think he will as long as the offer is a solid offer.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

The question is, can they now sign a Hartline and Welker? Probably not, but it makes this whole thing very interesting.

Or, do you turn to Steven Jackson and treat him like a Corey Dillon where you walk away from Woodhead?

Jackson would pretty much force Brady to be under center more and throw less to Welker. The red zone offense, which is the key, would be as good as anyone's in the league at that point.

I don't think they need Jackson. Dont think it would be a good use of resources.

They have Ridley, and at some point, they need to start developing their younger guys. Ridley played well enough last season, and seeing as this will be his second season as a starter, it's not inconceivable that he can get a little bit better.

Outside of WR and Oline depth, I think the offense is perfectly fine. I think theyre playoff woes are more of an execution/health thing than a personnel problem.

Defense has personnel issues, and they'll to use as many resources as they can to fortify all three levels.

Steven Jackson would be a luxury, not a need.

I agree it would be a luxury. I like Bolden. I like Ridley and Vereen, but if they let Woodhead walk, why wouldn't you fill the RB spot and just change the skill set?

That's my point. I don't want Woodhead here anymore. Too finesse. Great little scatback, thanks Jets for being morons, etc, but I'd like to add a bigger player in the group.

Because Ridley and Vereen will at least be getting a fair share of shanps. So say Jackson comes in for 33% of the snaps...

Steven Jackson is a rb, and most rbs don't have long careers. I'm sure he's tired of losing, but this might be his last NFL contract. I doubt he would take chump change just for a chance to win. I would guess he makes at the very least 3 million this season, which would be too much for a part time player.

Sorry, just don't see him taking a major pay cut, unless he's got some financial plan for his post playing days. He's not going to give up making money just to win, he's probably going to take a slight pay cut for a chance to win.

In terms of player and team fits, I think GB or ATL make the most sense for him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

What are you guys smoking.

Brady has REPEATEDLY said he is not involved with front office. He is not involved with coaching. He is not involved with personnel decisions. Blah blah. He even said that if he was Branch would never have left in 2007. He says that none of those decisions are upto him and that his opinion is not even sought. He says his job is to play with whatever personnel are available since managing the cap and everyone's salary and expectation is a complex task. Infact he tried to get involved when it was Branch and was told to buzz off and that this is not an area he needs to get involved in. BRADY IS NOT PART OF THE FRONT OFFICE. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

My concern with Jackson is tread on the tires. He has 2,802 career touches. Dillon finished with 2,862, and he wasn't very effective at the end. They're somewhat similar body types

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I would have to agree with the people on this thread who think that Jackson would be a luxury.  This team has many other needs.  One is to figure out why when Gronk goes out the offense shuts down.  Defensive backfield is a mess.    

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Baloney. You don't think Brady has a say in what WRs they go after?  He did after 2006, demanding BB make amends for sending Branch away for a 1st and Brady dealing with Caldwell as a #1.

Result? Moss and Welker, for a 2nd, 4th and 7th.

It does't matter what Brady says publicly. I would say the same thing, but there is no way they randomly pick him WR or TE talent as a way to tick him off or where he doesn't want to play with certain guys, but BB says "too bad".  The money is a different discussion.  BB is not going to put a WRs contract demands above the team, yes. That much is true.  Look at the Welker deal right now.  Welker is now under pressure to come to terms.

Brady runs a West Coast hybrid offense that has unfortunatey morphed more so into this shotgun spread thing, which means certain WRs can't fit here.

So not only does Brady control the offensive playcalling and offensive playing time, but he controls the personnel we bring in via the draft and free agency as well?  Does BB do anything?  Look I'm sure BB wants to keep Brady happy, but let's keep some perspective here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The rz offense was the best in the league last year. THE BEST!  Not one of the best.

BB loves the shotgun!

19. This post has been removed.