More impressive yesterday, the DEFENSE or OFFENSE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: More impressive yesterday, the DEFENSE or OFFENSE?

Defense was more impressive to me.  I admit, I have come to expect good games every game from the Patriots offense.  I thought it would be a high scoring game last night but it wasn't.  The Defense stop Foster, stopped Johnson, shut Schaub down!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Was there something that WASN'T impressive?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Defense. Hands down. We've seen the offense rip great defenses, they don't do it every time, no one does. But they've done it. 

The defense hasn't choked out an offense of that caliber like that in years. The closest was the Cowpokes game last season, but even that was a.) an offense that is not as good as Houston's, and b.) also about Romo's incompetence.

The Texans weren't making stupid mistakes. 

The INT was a total STAB by DMC, not a terrible pass like usual, but a great play driving at the ball. Two 4th down stops. Multiple 3 and outs. 

Just impressive. There hasn't been defensive play like that in a Pats uniform against an offense that good in seasons.

As good as a defense played, the offense could have played much, much worse, and vice versa. 

It was amazing to watch, and THAT is what it takes to win a championship. Both sides of the ball being able to come up with a game like that in the playoffs, hopefully one picking the other up when they need it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Defense.  First "legit" playoff-caliber team we've faced all year. Answered lots of questions about the Patriot defense.  Now, the Patriots have to continue to improve/tweek - and peak come playoff time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Was very happy with the Defense.

I cannot figure out if Schaub was too tight or confused by the Pats D, either way he missed some opps..but then again many QB's dothat against the Patriots. Maybe it has to do with the pressure to score to keep up.

I was also impressed with the offense, how well TB and the recivers did with the small time margin the Texans Defense was giving them. The routes were great, the decption was great, the decisiveness was really good. The margins were so tight I think it caused the 3 mis-handled passed to Welker..things were happening too fast for even him.

The way the offense took advantage of the Texans overpusuit was awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Defense. Hands down. We've seen the offense rip great defenses, they don't do it every time, no one does. But they've done it. 

The defense hasn't choked out an offense of that caliber like that in years. The closest was the Cowpokes game last season, but even that was a.) an offense that is not as good as Houston's, and b.) also about Romo's incompetence.

The Texans weren't making stupid mistakes. 

The INT was a total STAB by DMC, not a terrible pass like usual, but a great play driving at the ball. Two 4th down stops. Multiple 3 and outs. 

Just impressive. There hasn't been defensive play like that in a Pats uniform against an offense that good in seasons.

As good as a defense played, the offense could have played much, much worse, and vice versa. 

It was amazing to watch, and THAT is what it takes to win a championship. Both sides of the ball being able to come up with a game like that in the playoffs, hopefully one picking the other up when they need it.

I know they highlighted Wilfork during the game a lot..but he was on fire. The other really notable thing was the secondary, man coverage with great safety help.

Sections
Shortcuts