More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?

Which is more likely to happen with 2 games remaining in the regular season?  BJGE is standing right now at 824 yards.  He needs to average 88 yards to break that mark.  Welker has 83 receptions and could break 100 by averaging 8.5 over the last 2.  Mayo has a league leading 164 combined tackles and could break 200 by averaging 18 for the last 2 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?

BJGE needs just 72 more yards to break 1,000 for the year.

Welker only caught 3 and it looks he won't be hitting 100.  His 86 are 4th best in the NFL.

Mayo made 7 tackles and is far from 200 for the season.  It's good to see him as one of the league's best LB's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?

In Response to Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?:
    [QUOTE]BJGE needs just 72 more yards to break 1,000 for the year. Welker only caught 3 and it looks he won't be hitting 100.  His 86 are 4th best in the NFL. Mayo made 7 tackles and is far from 200 for the season.  It's good to see him as one of the league's best LB's.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]
    Welker really hurt his chances with 3 drops yesterday.  I hope Benny gets his 1,000.  We haven't had a 1,000 rusher since Dillion in '04.  It's a contract year for him and what a great story starting out 5th on the depth chart to leading rusher for the hopefully soon to be SB Champs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is a restricted FA, I am sure the Patriots will offer him at least a 2nd round tender

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo?:
    [QUOTE]BJGE needs just 72 more yards to break 1,000 for the year.Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

I would love to see him get that 1,000 yards. Miami is #6 in rush defense giving up 95 yards a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]He is a restricted FA, I am sure the Patriots will offer him at least a 2nd round tender
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I'd want to risk losing him for a 2nd round pick.  I say give him a 1st round tender and pay the man.  He deserves it.  Basically we should give him Fred Taylor's money.  We don't want to risk losing him over $700K.  BJGE is the 19th leading rusher in the NFL.  The below chart was for 2010, not sure what the amounts would be for 2011.

Player with THREE Accrued Seasons

Right of First Refusal — $1,101,000
    Right of First Refusal + Pick in player’s original draft round — $1,101,000*
    Right of First Refusal + Second-Round Draft Pick — $1,684,000*
    Right of First Refusal + First-Round Draft Pick — $2,396,000*

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm sure coach will empty the bench early on Sunday so 1000 maybe difficult.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo? : I don't think I'd want to risk losing him for a 2nd round pick.  I say give him a 1st round tender and pay the man.  He deserves it.  Basically we should give him Fred Taylor's money.  We don't want to risk losing him over $700K.  BJGE is the 19th leading rusher in the NFL.  The below chart was for 2010, not sure what the amounts would be for 2011. Player with THREE Accrued Seasons Right of First Refusal — $1,101,000 Right of First Refusal + Pick in player’s original draft round — $1,101,000* Right of First Refusal + Second-Round Draft Pick — $1,684,000* Right of First Refusal + First-Round Draft Pick — $2,396,000*
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

My bad, I mixed it up....I would give him the max for 3 accrued seasons!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Mayo needs 31 tackles in the final game to reach 200 and Welker needs 14 catches. My money in on BJGE ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Law Firm has done well and I think deserves the 1k yards this year. I don't know what I'd tender him at, but he's the type of no nonsense runner you love to have on your team, that you can win with. There was a stat the other game on how he's not fumbled yet in his career...amazing, hope he doesn't have his first in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Interesting.....

Peter King
    How football is changing: There might be only three backs--Turner, SJackson, Mendenhall--who AVERAGE 20 carries a game this year. Amazing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

With how easily RB's get injured it would probably be not smart to play the heck out of the Pats best running back to achieve some arbitrary benchmark.  If he breaks one off early to get close then fine, if not then he can try next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Sorry, but the Miami game is now for the love of the sport only, and for major players to get a bit of practice in.  None of these nice round number milestones are worth 1/100 of a playoff victory.

Sit the Law Firm.  The Patriots are a little thin at RB right now.  Give Fred Taylor a bit of practice to knock the rust off.  Find out who Thomas Clayton is.

Sit Wes Welker, just because.  Put Brian Hoyer and Taylor Price in.

Sit Mayo.  Linebackers take a bit of pounding too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More likely: 1,000 yards for BJGE, 100 rec for Welker, or 200 tkls for Mayo? : My bad, I mixed it up....I would give him the max for 3 accrued seasons!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Rocky, there is nothing wrong with your thinking.  A second round tender is still a high price to pay for an undrafted player who could be more of a product of our great system than he is a true elite runner.  The Pats could tender him at the 2nd round level but I think we run the risk of losing him and a guy that doesn't fumble and averages 4.4 ypc is worth keeping.  Basically we'd be paying him Fred Taylor money and Fred hasn't done squat for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but the Miami game is now for the love of the sport only, and for major players to get a bit of practice in.  None of these nice round number milestones are worth 1/100 of a playoff victory. Sit the Law Firm.  The Patriots are a little thin at RB right now.  Give Fred Taylor a bit of practice to knock the rust off.  Find out who Thomas Clayton is. Sit Wes Welker, just because.  Put Brian Hoyer and Taylor Price in. Sit Mayo.  Linebackers take a bit of pounding too.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    Paul, I tend to agree with you.  It would be a shame to snap our NFL record Regular Season Home Winning Streak but I think we'd all take another banner over this record.  Besides losing to MIA helps the OAK pick cause should they win and Miami loses, we'd drop a spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I agree that getting him at the 1st round tender is probably best. I suspect though that they'll try to get a 3 or 4 year deal done. It's great that they got a deal done with Woodhead for a cheap extra couple of years.

Sections
Shortcuts