More McDaniels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

More McDaniels

Ouch -

Jamie Dukes: McDaniels can't be trusted

Former NFL offensive lineman Jamie Dukes came out swinging in his blog today, and he delivered a few uppercuts to Denver Broncos rookie coach Josh McDaniels.

The NFL Network analyst hammered McDaniels for having a "problem with honesty," adding that other players besides former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler have "privately expressed concern."

Considering a lot of players, including disgruntled Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, pass through the NFL Network studio in Los Angeles, that's an intriguing comment.

Dukes referenced how Cutler said that the reason he asked to be traded stemmed from McDaniels repeatedly refusing to admit that he had tried to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel via a prospective trade.

Dukes also pointed out that McDaniels told Denver reporters earlier this year that he had met with Marshall following the wide receiver's meeting with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen.

Days later, though, McDaniels acknowledged to KDVR-TV that he hadn't actually met with Marshall.

In conclusion, Dukes delivered a verbal forearm shiver to McDaniels.

"As a former NFL player, I can tell you that trust is the foundation between the player and the coach," Dukes wrote. "When players trust their coach, they play at another level. Unfortunately, truthfulness seems to be a character trait that Bill Belichick didn't pass down to young McDaniels."

Ouch.

Of course, it's worth nothing that a lot of NFL people don't always tell the truth for strategic reasons and other purposes.

It's also fair to say that Dukes might not be getting a Christmas card from McDaniels.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: More McDaniels

Dukes referenced how Cutler said that the reason he asked to be traded stemmed from McDaniels repeatedly refusing to admit that he had tried to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel via a prospective trade.

Of course, I'm sure there was not a "word for word" synopsis of what was actually discussed in these meetings. From what I've read, it was not McDaniels who initiated the "trade talks". If what I've read is true, he doesn't owe Cutler anything. He simply listened to an offer, something he should do in any case. Had he approached another team and tried to make a deal for Cutler (then told Cutler he didn't), I would understand Jay's stance. Like all the other Cutler lovers (or Patriots haters), you choose to assume McDaniels was "secretly" calling around trying to dump his QB. I have yet to hear any news of such a thing happening, and that sort of stuff always gets leaked afterwards. Whether his players "trust" or "respect" him is a totally different matter. They, too, are vulnerable to all the spin put out there by the media. In any case, Jamie Dukes (though I do like the guy, he can be quite funny sometimes) is, IMO, a blowhard who likes to hear himself talk. When there's not much else to discuss in the offseason they need to come up with something juicy to draw in viewers. It seems this is the case with so-called "new developments" in the McDaniels saga!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

As hard as they tried, Dukes and Wilcox (the biggest McDaniels  hater of them all) couldn't get Marshall to say anything negative about McDaniels, if fact he said they had the best turn out for camp they have had in a while and the players are buying into what McDaniels is preaching. Is there anyone who believes i his own hype more than Jay Cutler. Pro bowl!!??quarterback only because Favre couldn't make it!!  Let's see what he does in Chicago this year, it will be interesting. The Bronco/Bear story line will be fun to watch as the Patriots head to another Super Bowl!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Where there is smoke there is fire boys.  If the saying wasn't true it would not be a cliche'. 

Bub - as obstinate as you consider "patriot/mcdaniels haters", you must admit you are equally obstinate for the other side.  Where I sit, I am at least willing to admit that Cutler was a baby.  It was the method he used to get himself out, and it worked.  It may not have been publicly pleasant but frequently divorces are not. 

On the other hand, you are only willing to take McDaniels word for it and all else you consider to be tabloid journalism and punditry. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: More McDaniels:
    [QUOTE]As hard as they tried, Dukes and Wilcox (the biggest McDaniels  hater of them all) couldn't get Marshall to say anything negative about McDaniels, if fact he said they had the best turn out for camp they have had in a while and the players are buying into what McDaniels is preaching. Is there anyone who believes i his own hype more than Jay Cutler. Pro bowl!!??quarterback only because Favre couldn't make it!!  Let's see what he does in Chicago this year, it will be interesting. The Bronco/Bear story line will be fun to watch as the Patriots head to another Super Bowl!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Hey GAMER! GREAT to see your post on the board! I don't post often anymore, but I do read the forum daily. Just imagine what could have been achieved by TB if the cheap shot on his knee had not occurred??????????????? "Favor" never would have been in the pro-bowl, that is for sure!  Regards, The Blissman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Game - Rather than paying attention to the broncos - I don't see much from them - although I do think Orton will be decent.  What will be more interesting is to see how Cassell does, because Cassell is the sole reason Cutler is not in Denver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to More McDaniels:
    [QUOTE]Ouch - Jamie Dukes: McDaniels can't be trusted Posted by Aaron Wilson on July 16, 2009 10:15 PM ET Former NFL offensive lineman Jamie Dukes came out swinging in his blog today, and he delivered a few uppercuts to Denver Broncos rookie coach Josh McDaniels. The NFL Network analyst hammered McDaniels for having a "problem with honesty," adding that other players besides former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler have "privately expressed concern." Considering a lot of players, including disgruntled Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, pass through the NFL Network studio in Los Angeles, that's an intriguing comment. Dukes referenced how Cutler said that the reason he asked to be traded stemmed from McDaniels repeatedly refusing to admit that he had tried to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel via a prospective trade. Dukes also pointed out that McDaniels told Denver reporters earlier this year that he had met with Marshall following the wide receiver's meeting with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. Days later, though, McDaniels acknowledged to KDVR-TV that he hadn't actually met with Marshall. In conclusion, Dukes delivered a verbal forearm shiver to McDaniels. "As a former NFL player, I can tell you that trust is the foundation between the player and the coach," Dukes wrote. "When players trust their coach, they play at another level. Unfortunately, truthfulness seems to be a character trait that Bill Belichick didn't pass down to young McDaniels." Ouch. Of course, it's worth nothing that a lot of NFL people don't always tell the truth for strategic reasons and other purposes. It's also fair to say that Dukes might not be getting a Christmas card from McDaniels.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    UD, That's all fine and dandy. But, Josh figured out what I've known for years, that Jay Cudler is a freakin' loser. Also, snagging Knowshon Moreno with his 1st pick is huge IMO. Plain and simple, the guy came out of the gate strong and is proving to be an excellent evaluator of talent. One more thing, if the Broncos actuallly win a playoff game, all this will be ancient history and all these 'disgruntled' players drop all the ill will. Jamie Dukes?, not a big fan of his either. Cutler has talent, yes. 

A look inside Cutlers head:
    www.dhivehiobserver.com/editorial/Golhaa_coco.jpg" alt="" />

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

MacD is in for a long year.  I hope I'm wrong because I like success stories.  Being a leader is more than simply knowing the X's and O's.  It's much more than simply being competent in your trade.  I will not question MacD's job knowledge, but his leadership ability will be interesting to watch.  If he is flawed there, we will not see it in the pre-season, or even the start of the regular season.  We will see it come mid-season.  We will see it after any tough loss.

Why do I say it?  Like any fan, it's just speculation.  He's made some odd remarks and just doesn't seem to have a personality (based on public appearances) that will make anyone say "I'll follow you into battle".  He has no charisma or mystique.  He both looks and acts like boy.  I see in MacD someone who needed to cook in the oven a little longer before placing men under him.  Perhaps everything in the press is a bunch of BS, but there's quite a bit of it for all of it to be BS.  It's not like he's a hated man that everyone is eager to take shots at.  I just have a gut feeling his team will start self-destructing around mid-season.  I'm a fan who has as much first hand evidence to support my opinions as any other fan (practically none).  But this is my opinion nonetheless.  Feel free to slam me at the end of the season if I am wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Where there is smoke there is fire boys.  If the saying wasn't true it would not be a cliche'.  Bub - as obstinate as you consider "patriot/mcdaniels haters", you must admit you are equally obstinate for the other side.  Where I sit, I am at least willing to admit that Cutler was a baby.  It was the method he used to get himself out, and it worked.  It may not have been publicly pleasant but frequently divorces are not.  On the other hand, you are only willing to take McDaniels word for it and all else you consider to be tabloid journalism and punditry. 

You are wrong again! It was reported that the Broncos were approached by another team in regards to a three way trade which would have landed Cassel in Denver, and Cutler elsewhere. It was NOT reported that McDaniels ever solicited other teams in regards to a trade involving Cutler. There is only media insinuations and speculations of that. My point was that if such a thing did indeed happen, someone from whatever team McDaniels contacted would have leaked it out. Yet your "sources" for this accusation have never said they "heard it from a team source" that McD ever tried to initiate any trade talks. You have taken it upon yourself to "assume" (and we all know what that stands for) that if Josh had listened to someone else's offer, he also made offers to another team (or teams). This is simply innuendo thrown out there by "pundits" trying to create a story in slow times, and has no confirmation. You yourself have dismissed such accusations (i.e. the Colts turning up the heat and pumping in crowd noise at the RCA Dome) similarly to what I have done to this BS. Moreover, this spot from Dukes was a minor "fill-in" on NFLN, yet you try to blow it out of porportion by initiating a thread here to start confrontations with the regulars (or anyone who doesn't buy into the soap opera c r a p from the media). Once again you are engaging in "trollike" behavior, founded on "information" you yourself would dismiss speedily were it directed against Peyton or your Colts!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]As hard as they tried, Dukes and Wilcox (the biggest McDaniels  hater of them all) couldn't get Marshall to say anything negative about McDaniels, if fact he said they had the best turn out for camp they have had in a while and the players are buying into what McDaniels is preaching. Is there anyone who believes i his own hype more than Jay Cutler. Pro bowl!!??quarterback only because Favre couldn't make it!!  Let's see what he does in Chicago this year, it will be interesting. The Bronco/Bear story line will be fun to watch as the Patriots head to another Super Bowl!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

And (most likely) both Denver and Chicago fail to make the playoffs yet again!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Truth is the most importent part of a team? give me a break, as logn as they win all will be forgiven thats the way it goes. If McDanials loses a lot of games then he will come under fire but if his team wins and stays in the hunt no one will have anything bad to say about the guy. And if Cutler loses with teh Bears and McDanials wins with teh Broncos Josh will look like a very smart man. Also Jamie Dukes is a f*cking joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Blissman, Hope to hear more from you as the season progresses!!  I know it's close because I just received the first installment of NFL Sunday ticket and Super Fan on my Direct TV bill.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey dogg, The Chiefs will be interesting to watch because of Cassell  (and his new contract), but the never ending saga this year will be Cutler vs McDaniels.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Time will tell who is the real *sswipe in the Cutler/McDaniels soap opera. The real test will not only be the end result (i.e. whether their respective teams get into the playoffs - unlikely, in the case of Denver; possible for the Bears) but how the people around them react to what they do....and due to the running time of said soap opera, anything that they say and do will undoubtedly be leaked to the media.....then, we will know the truth.....IMHO, both of them will come out looking bad in the end...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cutler is or was a crybaby that got shipped. Same as Owens. Denver tried to rebuild D with Dawkins, Goodson Ayers et al (the french is for the lovely gamer). It's safer to say that if Mc Daniels wins the division he'll look like the man who came out the better in this deal (getting Moreno was huge). I still think the Chargers win this division. Alot will depend on Orton and the Defense improving for Denver to make the post-season.

As for Dukes, he's all right, but this is previously used cannon fodder on a slow sports week.

In Denver, as with every other franchise: Winning cures everything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Obviously this is a forum for opinion, but if you're taking your cues from cartoon characters like Jamie Dukes, well . . .  let's just say Dukes' brand of "analysis" makes me pine for the glory days of Phyllis George.

This non-story should have been dead and buried the day after it was born. I have no problem with people questioning McDaniels' behavior after Cutler started pouting, but to suggest that considering reasonable trade offers is somehow being "dishonest" redefines retarded. It may not necessarily appeal to your more enlightened human instincts, but in the final analysis, football players are commodities.

And in any case . . .  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Blissman, Hope to hear more from you as the season progresses!!  I know it's close because I just received the first installment of NFL Sunday ticket and Super Fan on my Direct TV bill.  
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Hey GAMER! Yes, I will perform a few "surgical strikes" on unruly trolls as the season progresses. Always enjoy reading your posts as well as Bub, Harley Road King, Tex, Killa and others (hell even underdogg). I don't see Hoggie (AKA Hall of Fame Hog) on the new board unless he is posting under a new moniker. Sure miss your photos!  Regards, The Blissman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

jbolt - that you and I don't see eye to eye does not surprise me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]jbolt - that you and I don't see eye to eye does not surprise me. 

That your team lost two playoff games in a row to the Chargers does not surprise me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

bub - I  am not suggesting that McDaniels initiated the trade possibility, but no one, not even McDaniels said he shut the door on it.  If McDaniels receives a call from someone who says I have an idea, at the end of the idea the question has to be, "are you interested"?  If McDaniels does not answer "NO", then he just involved himself in trade talks.  

After telling Cutler that he was "his guy", he then did this.  As far as I am concerned, McDaniels did not blunder by listening, but he did blunder by not saying "NO" (I assume he did not, otherwise he would have told us), and his bigger blunders were 1)not knowing how to keep this whole thing from reaching the media and 2) not knowing how how to shut the flood gates.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oh . . .  and incidentally, since when is McDaniels the GM?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]bub - I  am not suggesting that McDaniels initiated the trade possibility, but no one, not even McDaniels said he shut the door on it.  If McDaniels receives a call from someone who says I have an idea, at the end of the idea the question has to be, "are you interested"?  If McDaniels does not answer "NO", then he just involved himself in trade talks.   After telling Cutler that he was "his guy", he then did this.  As far as I am concerned, McDaniels did not blunder by listening, but he did blunder by not saying "NO" (I assume he did not, otherwise he would have told us), and his bigger blunders were 1)not knowing how to keep this whole thing from reaching the media and 2) not knowing how how to shut the flood gates.  

And why should he have to say no? Cutler's (and it seems most of the people accusing Josh of "lying") gripe was that McD planned to get rid of him in favor of Cassel. But if Josh did not initiate the talks, that claim is BS! Suppose a team like the 49ers said "so and so" is "our guy" (I am not even sure of who is on the roster at QB in SF!). Then Belichick called and offered Tom Brady or Polian called and offered Peyton Manning? Would you then expect the GM to say "Sorry, not interested, I just told Joe Blow he was 'my guy'"? How long do you think THAT guy would have his job (unless he was working for the Lions)? Any player, any coach knows that NFL stands for "Not For Long" when it comes to players, coaches, even GMs. You can be the starter one minute then out the door a day later! No guarantees! If Cutler is stupid enough to think he's irreplaceable, or that just because he's in favor at the moment his job is 100% secure he shouldn't even be in the league! If Bill Polian had done the same thing you would be all over whatever player was whining, and say Polian had every right to try and better the team. As far as things leaking to the media, there are no secrets in the NFL. Even BB cannot keep every little thing out of the media. And as Mike pointed out, Josh isn't even the GM, so I assume he doesn't have the power to make trade decisions all by himself. First you sling accusation with nothing but media drivel to substantiate it, then you twist your explanation to suggest Josh broke some major "contract" by fielding a call! And evidently Josh DID say no, because Cassel is still in KC, and Cutler is not with whatever third party started the talks! Either way this has nothing to do with the Patriots, or even your precious Colts! Obviously your intention is to rile people (and I suppose you accomplished it as a lot of us are responding). This makes you no better than the gossip-mongers at ESPN! But I guess you win...I've already spent a half an hour of my life reading and responding to this garbage!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More McDaniels : That your team lost two playoff games in a row to the Chargers does not surprise me.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

That your team is still looking for its first superbowl doesn't surprise me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

He probably meant "first Super Bowl victory."
    Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

That your team lost two playoff games in a row to the Chargers does not surprise me.
    Posted by jbolted

That's not much to brag about, Bolt! When you consider the Colts track record in the playoffs I think there are a couple teams in the SEC who would have no problem doing the same thing!