More misleading articles on the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

More misleading articles on the Pats

The media are making a big thing out of Maroney's shoulder.  SI has "Patriots concealed Maroney injury".  Pro Football Talk has "Pats hid Maroney's broken shoulder".  The articles imply that the Pats were doing something against the rules.  Of course, a lot of commenters were piling on about the Pats cheating and so on.  These authors and half the folks posting comments on their site are morons.  Maroney was on the injury reports with a shoulder problem.  I don't believe they need to declare the exact type of problem.  What exactly did the Pats hide that they were required to disclose?  Sure, it makes us fans happy to know the details, but Maroney was on the injury reports for a shoulder.  You can't even argue that the Pats were devious by listing him as "Questionable".  The guy suited up and played.  Here is the week 6 injury report:

"NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    Status Report
    DOUBTFUL LB Eric Alexander (hamstring), RB LaMont Jordan (calf), WR Kelley Washington (ankle) 
    QUESTIONABLE RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder), CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring) 
    Practice Report
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE 
    Wednesday LB Eric Alexander (hamstring), RB LaMont Jordan (calf), WR Kelley Washington (hamstring) 
    Thursday LB Eric Alexander (hamstring), RB LaMont Jordan (calf), TE David Thomas (other-flu), WR Kelley Washington (ankle) 
    Friday LB Eric Alexander (hamstring), RB LaMont Jordan (calf), WR Kelley Washington (ankle) 
    LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE 
    Wednesday CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring) 
    Thursday K Stephen Gostkowski (right thigh), RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder), CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring) 
    Friday RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder), CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring) 
    FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE 
    Wednesday RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder) "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: More misleading articles on the Pats

Far be it from me to question these guys who report on the league for a living.  Once again for BB - where there is smoke there is fire. 

It is laughable that people here jump on Polian as a league intimidator.  there is no single member of the league who does more to undermine it by subverting rules than Belichick.  

Today is just another example.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

I had the same reaction when I saw that, too... At least the hate is the result of Boston having such great teams in all 4 sports... it makes it that much sweeter when we win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Far be it from me to question these guys who report on the league for a living.  Once again for BB - where there is smoke there is fire.  It is laughable that people here jump on Polian as a league intimidator.  there is no single member of the league who does more to undermine it by subverting rules than Belichick.   Today is just another example.  
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Dogg
    Try comprehending the facts rather than jumping to erroneous conclusions and trolling.  We have documentary evidence that  BB reported Maroney's injury according to the rules. I guess if you change the rules from the inside to benefit your team its not subverting in your opinion. I guess throwing a game to the Titans is within the rules too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sox - sorry for the delay.  I was watching ABC pay tribute to one of my city's fine citizens on Extreme Makeover. 

As for my comments, if the evidence exists, I will buy it.  I just wasn't going to question those who report on NFL related news as their profession. 

Here we go again with the changing of the rules.  Clearly your skull is too thick to get reason through it. 

One, the rules change I believe you are referencing was not a rules change but rather an emphasis on the rules because the refs were intimidated, I believe by belichick. 

Two, there was no game thrown to the Titans, but you already know that and I have discussed it ad nauseum. 

Keep up the fight though.  there are enough people here who don't care about the truth that they will eat up your comments and ask for more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Sox - sorry for the delay.  I was watching ABC pay tribute to one of my city's fine citizens on Extreme Makeover.  As for my comments, if the evidence exists, I will buy it.  I just wasn't going to question those who report on NFL related news as their profession.  Here we go again with the changing of the rules.  Clearly your skull is too thick to get reason through it.  One, the rules change I believe you are referencing was not a rules change but rather an emphasis on the rules because the refs were intimidated, I believe by belichick.  Two, there was no game thrown to the Titans, but you already know that and I have discussed it ad nauseum.  Keep up the fight though.  there are enough people here who don't care about the truth that they will eat up your comments and ask for more.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE I am amazed at your naivete about the influence of Belichick. The prime intimidator and rules changer in the NFL is  Polian who controls the Competition Committee. It was widely reported in the national media  and confirmed by the QB of the Titans that an agreement between Dungy and Fisher was reached about the game played in 2007 season that got the Titans into the playoffs. I guess you only believe the media when it has something bad to say about the Pats.
    Please keep in mind that this is a Pats site where people generally take the Pats point of view and don't expect that snide remarks about the Pats and their coach are going to be welcomed from a Colts troll.  I don't go on the Colts site in the Indy Star and start calling Dungy a sanctimonious hypocrite. If I was you I would be concerned about keeping the electricity on  in the  Lucas stadium otherwise you won't be able to pump up the noise machines like you did in the RCA dome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This is a non-story. The guy was injured and he was on the injury report.

Where there is smoke there is fire?

What the h*ll does that mean?

The guy was injured and he was on the injury report. If you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, how about calling out coaches (Belichick chief among them) who list players on the injury report who are NOT injured as a means of deceiving teams as to who may or may not be playing. Brady was on the injury report for years with a mysterious "shoulder ailment" that never once kept him out of the starting line-up. Nobody ever said "Boo" about that.

Hypocrites near Indianapolis notwithstanding, this is nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sox - sorry for the delay.  I was watching ABC pay tribute to one of my city's fine citizens on Extreme Makeover.  As for my comments, if the evidence exists, I will buy it.  I just wasn't going to question those who report on NFL related news as their profession.  Here we go again with the changing of the rules.  Clearly your skull is too thick to get reason through it.  One, the rules change I believe you are referencing was not a rules change but rather an emphasis on the rules because the refs were intimidated, I believe by belichick.  Two, there was no game thrown to the Titans, but you already know that and I have discussed it ad nauseum.  Keep up the fight though.  there are enough people here who don't care about the truth that they will eat up your comments and ask for more.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Changing the emphasis of a rule is a de facto changing of the rule. It is funny you state with no evidence that you say the refs were intimidated by Belichick, but you fail to mention that the change in emphasis was brought about by none other than the red-faced Polian. That is known. BB's involvement is just polemics to deflect from Polian's actions.

Yes, the game in question was treated as a foregone conclusion by both coaches colluding to not field a fully competitive team in the last minutes of the game. That is cheating. You magnanimity seems to only exist when the Colts are involved.

I must say, Ty Pennington is just amazing. Who knew he could rebuild an entire city in a week?! Thanks for Vonnegut. You can keep the rest of that hole.

Out of curiosity, do you even know why the injury report was created and why Belichick treat it with such disdain? I didn't think so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Come now Mike - when I have friends like flasox citing chapter and verse of every fabricated colt transgression, there's nothing wrong with giving a little back. 

Capiche?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

What is with the whining? Maroney isn't any good anyway. We need a better number one RB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

We have Roger Goodell to thank for this simmering "Pats are cheaters" montra. The NY media played him like a violin during the "spygate" fiasco. They lobbied him to be tough on the Pats, hoping to get BB suspended for an appreciable time, and severely punish the team. Though Goodell chose not to suspend BB, he hit the Patriots with a major fine, and docked them a first round draft choice.

This unprecedented act gave the media the ammunition it needed to blow the rule violation out of proportion...capped by that phony Specter led story on the eve of the SB...purposely timed to distract the Pats' players and coaches.

Don't think that you've seen the last of this. If the Pats are driving towards another SB, especially against a NY based team, this BS will be trotted out again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yes the media was a little strong (a little), but pats fans have only their coach to thank for this.  If pats fans can continue to bring up farcical things about Polian and the colts then there is absolutely no reason why actual breaking of the rules would not be open game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

ok i will admit that i haven't been following this message board for that long, but its fun to argue and discuss minute details of the pats and to play armchair GM with other hardcore pats fans (especially with the celtics blowing game 7 at the moment). but i don't understand why these annoying fans of other teams want to come on here and insert themselves into our discussions. whats the point?? do your teams not have active fans that you can communicate with? isn't there enough for you to discuss among yourselves, whether its losing your coaching staff, or mortgaging your future on a QB who got drafted more for being a pretty boy than anything he's ever done on the field? are you really that obsessed with the patriots? you're boring and nobody cares about your opinions. i encourage all the pats fans on here to just not respond to these losers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yes the media was a little strong (a little), but pats fans have only their coach to thank for this.  If pats fans can continue to bring up things about farcical things about Polian and the colts then there is absolutely no reason why actual breaking of the rules would not be open game.

I see you're wearing your troll suit tonight. The media came on "a little stong"???  Take a hike, jack.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]     We have Roger Goodell to thank for this simmering "Pats are cheaters" montra. The NY media played him like a violin during the "spygate" fiasco. They lobbied him to be tough on the Pats, hoping to get BB suspended for an appreciable time, and severely punish the team. Though Goodell chose not to suspend BB, he hit the Patriots with a major fine, and docked them a first round draft choice.      This unprecedented act gave the media the ammunition it needed to blow the rule violation out of proportion...capped by that phony Specter led story on the eve of the SB...purposely timed to distract the Pats' players and coaches.      Don't think that you've seen the last of this. If the Pats are driving towards another SB, especially against a NY based team, this BS will be trotted out again.      
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that Polian wanted a touch football league & he got the rules changed. Thyn when BB realized what was going on, created a better version of the Colts offense to play by the new rules. Come the SB, the refs forgot the rules themselves & thought it was 5 years ago. Goodell had his chance to apologize for the whole SB refereeing fiasco, but he was again over matched by the job. Plus, he doesn't learn. The exact same BS happened in the last SB, & he doesn't step up again. Any other job that gets you fired. He still more incompetent than the guy that runs MLB, & that guy is a loser.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think that many journalists and news outlets believe most of their readers are intellectual baboons.  They make up these sensational and/or misleading headlines knowing that their "baboons" are going to go for the bait.  So today we had a few news outlets jumping on the Maroney story and setting "Baboon Traps".  Looking at all the folks who posted comments on the articles slamming the Pats, I'd have to say it worked.  They caught a lot of baboons. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Far be it from me to question these guys who report on the league for a living.  Once again for BB - where there is smoke there is fire.  It is laughable that people here jump on Polian as a league intimidator.  there is no single member of the league who does more to undermine it by subverting rules than Belichick.   Today is just another example.  
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]underdogg,I never call people names but here goes you are an idiot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Come now Mike - when I have friends like flasox citing chapter and verse of every fabricated colt transgression, there's nothing wrong with giving a little back.  Capiche?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Capiche!Ba fungoul to you and your cheating president Polian,the Colts and titans have been subdiverting the rules for years,between Dungy and Fisher they've changed enough rules to benefit their teams to be arrested in 47 states,you do realize they've manipulated the other losers into believing that all of the rule changes that they propose is for the greater good of the league when in fact their rules changes have only been a benefit to the Colts and Titans! Your team is toast now that you have no representative on the rules commitee,also you lost your entire offensive coaching staff...Peyton was weak enough as it was what will they do without Moore and Mudd????? You might actually achieve getting the first pick in next years draft!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget that Polian wanted a touch football league & he got the rules changed. Thyn when BB realized what was going on, created a better version of the Colts offense to play by the new rules. Come the SB, the refs forgot the rules themselves & thought it was 5 years ago. Goodell had his chance to apologize for the whole SB refereeing fiasco, but he was again over matched by the job. Plus, he doesn't learn. The exact same BS happened in the last SB, & he doesn't step up again. Any other job that gets you fired. He still more incompetent than the guy that runs MLB, & that guy is a loser.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]passedball:Gary "I ruined the NHL" Betteman is a better commissioner than The New York Jets representative in the league office,no offence but if you want to look at collussionary actions look no further than Goodell's former and present employers the NY Jets!He changes the schedule to fit their needs at a whim,last year when they knew if the Patriots won they couldn't make the playoffs so they threw the game and made sure the Patriots couldn't make the playoffs either,this year the Jews can't go see a game on passover so he changed that game also,next after they lose a game or 2 he'll reschedule them to play teams with losing records only until they can catch up with the real teams in the NFL! Goodell needs to resign...As for the
    Colts troll go to your own teams site and spread your garbage none of us believe a word you are writing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Isn't that an insult to baboons?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcuff-uk. Show jcuff-uk's posts

This really annoyed me, he was put on IR with a shoulder injury. What else do you need to do, email pdfs of the x-rays to the NFL, Polian, the other teams and every journalist.

God damn youse!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

That is usually what happens when you are one of the greatest in the game...people try to make things up to bring you down...it is called jealousy.

The only thing that Belichick has undermined in the rules was the placing of the video cameras......but nice try.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I love trolls. They're funny.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]     I see you're wearing your troll suit tonight. The media came on "a little stong"???  Take a hike, jack.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Just taking my cue from the comments that are written and applying the same attitude. The difference - mine are directed at your team as opposed to others.

You call it trolling.  I call it healthy debate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg could you please provide some proof as to how exactly Belichick was intimidating the officials? Was he taking their lunch money?

He coached his team to play tough football and push the rules to their limit and if the refs didnt throw a flag it was on them not Belichick. And how can you even talk about Belichick intimidating the refs when it is a well known FACT that Bill Polian brings the refferee crew calling his home games into his office before each game to talk to them about how he wants to to see the game called! If thats not him intimadating the system with the pull we all know he has i dont know what is. So again could you please give us some proof of when Belichick was cought intimidating the refs before your boy Polian had them change the rules?