More old dead wood..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

More old dead wood..

Another GREAT FA signing. I liked Torry Holt 5 YEARS AGO! Gimme a breadk with this. When are they going to GET YOUNGER!
    David Patten, Alge Crumpler and Torry Holt. Guess that'll be striking fear in opossing DB's huh? Especially Revis in week 2.
    Assuming these geezers even make the roster (Joey Galloway anyone?).
     I sure hope this draft tomorrow bears some productive fruit! This continued FA scrap heap strategy is gettting painful to watch. Who's next? Marvin Harrison??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Re: More old dead wood..

TROLL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

wow... great insight morgan

pretty sure they can get younger with the draft.... and we already are pretty young but GREAT GREAT POST!!! keep up the great work

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

wow great football mind there, Galloway for the last time is not even close to the type of WR Holt is.  What's the problem jack, signed a guy in April first game is in September isn't?  Holt is one of the best route runners and a very smart WR, he will find holes in the D and make some catches.  He can still play, he's only 33 how is that so old?

Don't just think about Holt, have to put it into context with who will be around him to see how he can help.  Revis can only cover one WR, Cromarti isn't a great CB as everyone in NY seems to think.  Who covers Edelman or Tate?  Holt can't be left uncover or he will move the chains so Ds have to account for him. 
    He will learn the playbook (offense not so different from the one he was in with the Rams) he will contribute.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

smorgan86 your a bit too harse on Crumpler and Holt ...  Both will bring value in the locker room and could be good backups at the very least 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think Patten ever had a chance of making the team. But I can see him teaching the younger players and maybe being offered a coaching position.

Crumpler is still one of the best blocking TE's in the game and considering how much the line suffered with both run and pass blocking last year it only makes sense to get a blocking TE with solid hands to catch the ball every so often. I'm sorry but no rookie TE comes in right away and blocks perfectly, so why not grab one of the best out there watching the line and have him train someone you draft to prepare them to take over? Getting a top end blocking TE and then drafting a pass catching TE sounds like the best of both worlds. You get the experience needed for blocking and teaching and you get the youth for the energy needed for the passing game. Also Crumpler brings a leadership quality that was lacking in last years locker room.

If you are trying to compare Holt to Galloway then you really know nothing about each of their games. As players on the field they are almost opposite receivers. Galloway was a deep threat that lost his physical ability (just a bad signing). Holt is a polished route runner who still put up good numbers last year. Route runners tend to last longer and still put up good numbers just see Brown if you don't believe me. Holt has a much larger chance of success then Galloway ever did and he's 5 years younger which makes a huge difference. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Smorgan86 is a TROLL. I think a Jets fan pretending to be a Pats fan which is probably the saddest most pathetic thing I can think of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Luarence Maroney-
    Attempts-239
    Yards-1370
    Long-75
    Touchdowns(rushing/recieveing) 10/3
    Receptions-25
    Yards- 215
    Long-15

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

smorgan go find a new team and be their biotch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to More old dead wood..:
    Another GREAT FA signing. I liked Torry Holt 5 YEARS AGO! Gimme a breadk with this. When are they going to GET YOUNGER! David Patten, Alge Crumpler and Torry Holt. Guess that'll be striking fear in opossing DB's huh? Especially Revis in week 2. Assuming these geezers even make the roster (Joey Galloway anyone?).  I sure hope this draft tomorrow bears some productive fruit! This continued FA scrap heap strategy is gettting painful to watch. Who's next? Marvin Harrison??
    Posted by smorgan86

LOL!  Man, you are the king of the hit an run TROLLS.....I watch you come on here, make an un-intelligent post and never reply to anyone elses posts.....

This one is for Underoos.......IDIOT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: More old dead wood..:
    Smorgan86 is a TROLL. I think a Jets fan pretending to be a Pats fan which is probably the saddest most pathetic thing I can think of.
    Posted by KellieMB

Well you can't really expect someone to admit they're a Jet fan can you? Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Luarence Maroney- Attempts-239 Yards-1370 Long-75 Touchdowns(rushing/recieveing) 10/3 Receptions-25 Yards- 215 Long-15
    Posted by TateGroup

1370/239 = 5.7

0 = the number of NFL backs that averaged 5.7 YPC with 200+ carries from 2002-2009.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Another GREAT FA signing. I liked Torry Holt 5 YEARS AGO! Gimme a breadk with this. When are they going to GET YOUNGER! David Patten, Alge Crumpler and Torry Holt. Guess that'll be striking fear in opossing DB's huh? Especially Revis in week 2. Assuming these geezers even make the roster (Joey Galloway anyone?).  I sure hope this draft tomorrow bears some productive fruit! This continued FA scrap heap strategy is gettting painful to watch. Who's next? Marvin Harrison??
    Posted by smorgan86

Probably the most pathetic aspect of all of this is that smorgan86 actually thinks he's fooling anyone.  Grow up and get a life, will you please.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

WITH BELICHECKS RECENT TRACK RECORD OF DRAFTING QUALITY WR'S (CHAD OUT OF FOOTBALL JACKSON, SAM AIKEN, BRANDON SEVERED TENDON TATE, AND WHATEVER OTHER FORGETTABLES ARE ON THE SQUAD) I'M SURE WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT THIS YEAR WHEN IT COMES TO COMPLEMENTING "BIG GAME LAME", "PUOTY FACE" MOSS, AND "OLD MAN HOLT".  WELKER WON'T BE THE SAME TILL 2011, THANKS TO THE GENIUS' EXTRA PLAYTIME IN A MEANINGLESS TEXAN GAME LASTYEAR.  MAN, HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.  I DON'T THINK THE PATRIOTS WILL EVER RECOVER FROM THAT 07 SHOCKING DERAILMENT AT THE HANDS OF THE ELI MANNING LED NY GIANTS.  MAYBE BELICHEK COULD "MISINTERPRET" SOME NEW RULES OR SOMETHING.  YALL JUST SEEM TO HAVE LOST THAT CHEATIN HEART.  SORRY CHOWDERHEADS, THAT COACH REALLY TOSSED YALL FOR A FALL.
    Posted by GREATESTFANOFALTIME

Thanks I'll take 3 SB rings anytime; at least you guys have lap band surgery to discuss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Biggestdoucheofalltime, go to your own board.  Get a life.  Now go on ignore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

First off CAP LOCKS = CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME

Sam Aiken was drafted by Buffalo and signed as a free agent, mainly to play ST, yet he has had to play WR because lack of depth, which is the Front offices fault. Chad Jackson was a bust there is no denying it and I don't think anybody is trying too.  Brandon Tate has been on this team all of 1 year, and you can't judge somebody (rule of thumb) until 3 years after they are drafted. Give the guy a chance. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I believe smorgan86 to be a fan.  He's posted here reasonably in the past before he started jumping off 10 story buildings.  He's got a couple of things wrong with him.  First, he's a glass is half empty kinda guy.  The panic he displays on the teams talent.  He only picks out the negative.  There are ways to discuss this but he chooses to go overboard.  Second, he's a victim of instant gratification.  We gotta get this guy or that guy no matter what the cost!  Third, he's on self destruct.  Doing hit and run posts is not the greatest way to get your point across.  It's done in such a childish, spoiled manner.  Probably an only child. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by smorgan86

the draft is where we'll get the youth, be patient

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HartLeeDykesEuguneChung. Show HartLeeDykesEuguneChung's posts

I love the Torry Holt signing.  A pro who's lost a step, but will be a perfect #2 or #3.  Brady is going to enjoy throwing to a guy with great hands and knows the game.  I think this is classic Patriots FA work, midlevel veteran for cheap who will contribute and teach. Moss, Holt, Tate, Edelman, Aiken and eventually Welker.  Solid

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I really think there should rules to this. You know man rules , dont pissah in the wind , dont eat chicken wings in front of Kristie Alley , and have the ballz to respond to your own thread...Even if you are scum and root for the jokes!