More on that former Patriot...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: More on that former Patriot...

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't believe anything Rolling Stone reports.

Paul Solotaroff, the person who wrote the article, is a legit sports and fitness writer.  Don't judge a magazine buy it's cover!  Hahahahaha.. get it??

[/QUOTE]

Unless its Playb... I mean Pentho... I mean Field and Stream...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Prior to signing the extension, there was a double murder in Boston that while unsolved, Hern was a suspect. This has been reported pretty extensively, and has been corraborated by the BPD. The Pats employ an ex BPD officer on their security staff for his connections to the BPD.

This is either a clear miss by the security department of the Pats, or they did not miss and the info was ignored...

rkarp, when was this info published or what is the dated documentation that you are speaking of regarding AH being a suspect in the double homicide? I would think that the Globe and Herald would have been all over that at the time he signed his extension if this was the case. The first both papers reported this was after his arrest. I may be wrong but i find it hard to believe that as soon as any public figure became a suspect in a double homicide that the newspapers sources within the Police departments wouldn't leak that to the media.

I agree. and if he was a suspect did they bring him in for questioning? That type of thing is really hard to hide. I got the impression that they didn't put one and one together until this latest incident.

That was my thoughts as well. As i stated previously I could be wrong but it just seems the media today is so aggressive that if he was a suspect prior to him signing that extension it would have been reported.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

The RS might put their own slant on an article with one set of actual facts, but reporters from such a journal DO NOT make stuff up....they usually have to have AT LEAST two verified sources for anything mentioned in print or they risk being sued out of existence if one source proves not to be true...I have no problem with these facts, I do not need to know who the sources were...The Pats blew it...they probably were lied to by that all-pro dooche nozzle Meyer, then gave out that contract in the hope of turning AH around even in the face of specious activity, hoping that kind treatment would act as positive motivation, only to see the burnt out drug dealing, drug suckin' swine go all Jekyll and Hyde on them...He's a mass murderer as far as I'm concerned and YES, THEY BLEW IT...the only crime for them is if they do not make sure it doesn't happen again...this stuff happens in all businesses everyday across this country...

The Chicago bulls refused to use the #1 draft Pick in the entire draft on LAME-ARE Odom because when he came to Chicago to meet with team officials and medical staff he cancelled three times (red flag #1) then admitted to the team psychiatrist that he smoked peace weed prior to EVERY game (red flags #'s 2-10; so much for NCAA drug testing)...GM Jerry Reinsdorf refused to risk the #1 selection on this guy...guess he was right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Did anyone bother to even read the article? Has anyone even notice that one of the authors is the famous plagiarist Ron Borges? The same guy who claimed he had dinner with Drew Bloadsoe only to have Drew completely denie it. The same guy who hates the Patriots, RK, and especially BB. You got to be kidding me. Yup if he had a hand in writing it must all be true. :-)

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

The RS might put their own slant on an article with one set of actual facts, but reporters from such a journal DO NOT make stuff up....they usually have to have AT LEAST two verified sources for anything mentioned in print or they risk being sued out of existence if one source proves not to be true...I have no problem with these facts, I do not need to know who the sources were...

How do you determine what a "fact" is in this instance?  Clearly there are records concerning something like the criminal records of family members.  But the Angel Dust use?  Carrying a gun everywhere (that means he was packing when he went to practices, and when he travelled for away games).

Think of it this way:  multiple sources could be found right now to indicate that chemical weapons were used by the Syrian regime on its own people, that chemical weapons were used by the Syrian Rebels on their own people and blamed on the Syrian Regime or that no chemical weapons have actually been used at all.  What would the "facts" be in that situation?  Would the sources matter?

Here is why I would wonder about the "facts" RS has printed in their story:  everyone around AH has been pretty tight-lipped about AH in general and this case in particular (is his sister still in jail for refusing to testify?), yet somehow RS gets what appear to be multiple sources to spill all kinds of dirt on AH?  Doesn't really quite pass the smell test for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why not?

Maybe because they are infamous for littering their pieces with speculation?  Have you been living under a rock? They used to be a trusted journalistic beacon, at least for music and social commentary.  

Leave it to you to be dumb.

No one is doubting Hernandez was acting odd or possibly on some hardcore drugs, but the other added info just in that one quote smells like it's made up.

Go find any beatreporter's piece from last year which reported Hernandez "missing practice".  YOu won't find it.

The article does say he was missing the workouts and meetings during this offseason. So non of this obvious bad decision towards team activities was showing up before the big contract signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Why not?

Maybe because they are infamous for littering their pieces with speculation?  Have you been living under a rock? They used to be a trusted journalistic beacon, at least for music and social commentary.  

No one is doubting Hernandez was acting odd or possibly on some hardcore drugs, but the other added info just in that one quote smells like it's made up.

Go find any beatreporter's piece from last year which reported Hernandez "missing practice".  YOu won't find it.

The article does say he was missing the workouts and meetings during this offseason. So non of this obvious bad decision towards team activities was showing up before the big contract signing.

Ok, so that explains why they are holding back his 82,000 dollars then.  I guess my point is, if this started happening this spring, how on earth is Kraft or BB supposed to be responsible for quickly foreseeing Hernandez possibly commiting murder in a couple of months?

Normally, you miss you workouts in the spring, for whatever reason, you don't get your bonues and you tick off the coach.

But, the tone of this is a lot about somehow still trying to point fingers at Kraft or BB. That's my issue with it.

We just saw one of our trolls NAS say "nice job Pats", as if it's their fault?

He's a 23 year old adult with a fiancee and an infant at home.  Can't say it enough. This anti-BB media angle, in this case led by arguably the champion of the anti-BB media crusade (Ron Borges), is alive and well.

I've said it for years and this is more proof of it.

All because a hardworking, 40 years NFL lifer like BB with a phenomenal resume as a coach, teacher, leader and winner, isn't into kissing certain media people's behinds.

I also do not believe for a millisecond that the bad habits were showing up in 2012. No way on earth BB would have drawn up a deal nor would Kraft have signed off on it.

No way. That part is clearly Borges 101 making crap up to try to source it back to BB and Kraft being obtuse on Hernandez's flaws.

If any of the other writers from Boston wrote the story other than Borges or say Tomase there might be some legitimacy to the article. Even if everything was totally true how can anybody possibly trust or believe this lier! Everyone that follows sports in the area knows Borges has an agenda to make the Patriots, Kraft, and BB look bad every chance he gets. I've seen other reporters laugh at him on the air at some of the stupid statements he has made. What a joke!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Why not?

Ok, so that explains why they are holding back his 82,000 dollars then.  I guess my point is, if this started happening this spring, how on earth is Kraft or BB supposed to be responsible for quickly foreseeing Hernandez possibly commiting murder in a couple of months?

Normally, you miss you workouts in the spring, for whatever reason, you don't get your bonues and you tick off the coach.

But, the tone of this is a lot about somehow still trying to point fingers at Kraft or BB. That's my issue with it.

We just saw one of our trolls NAS say "nice job Pats", as if it's their fault?

He's a 23 year old adult with a fiancee and an infant at home.  Can't say it enough. This anti-BB media angle, in this case led by arguably the champion of the anti-BB media crusade (Ron Borges), is alive and well.

I've said it for years and this is more proof of it.

All because a hardworking, 40 years NFL lifer like BB with a phenomenal resume as a coach, teacher, leader and winner, isn't into kissing certain media people's behinds.

I also do not believe for a millisecond that the bad habits were showing up in 2012. No way on earth BB would have drawn up a deal nor would Kraft have signed off on it.

No way. That part is clearly Borges 101 making crap up to try to source it back to BB and Kraft being obtuse on Hernandez's flaws.

If any of the other writers from Boston wrote the story other than Borges or say Tomase there might be some legitimacy to the article. Even if everything was totally true how can anybody possibly trust or believe this lier! Everyone that follows sports in the area knows Borges has an agenda to make the Patriots, Kraft, and BB look bad every chance he gets. I've seen other reporters laugh at him on the air at some of the stupid statements he has made. What a joke!

In all honesty, I think the Krafts need to fire back more. I think a lot of this would be nipped in the bud if they did.

The Tomase thing, they warned the Herald not to run it because they knew it was a lie, but Herald was greedy and selfish and ran it anyway the night before the SB.

This is really no different with the season about to start.

If Kraft had sued the Herald and rocked the newspaper industry he may have been seen as a bad guy but he would have been right.

Now, we have stuff like this continuing to go on and on and on.  They probably think they are taking the high road, but I wouldn't sit there and just take being slandered like that on an almost annual basis like this.

With the AH court cases coming up and the on going investigation they need to be careful what they say. As it is if the RS article is to be believed they may be asked to appear in court. What a media zoo that would turn into.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

so the article says, Hernandez flew to the combine to tell Belichick his life was in danger and Belichick told him to find a safe house and lay low.  really? can anyone believe Belichick would do that.. Of coarse it's all sources and close associates, they are getting their information from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

so the article says, Hernandez flew to the combine to tell Belichick his life was in danger and Belichick told him to find a safe house and lay low.  really? can anyone believe Belichick would do that.. Of coarse it's all sources and close associates, they are getting their information from.

Unfortunately the answer is yes, there are plenty of people who will believe every word of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Hey Borges.....congrats....you now have just surpassed Felger as the number 1 sports writer in Boston I'd most want to punch in the face!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The prosecution says an All-Pro NFL tight end who just signed a $40,000,000 contract drove a friend to an industrial park a mile from his house an executed him, and may have killed two other men previously.

Can anyone believe Hernandez would do that... Of course, it's all sources and close associates along with a few security cams and a few dead bodies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Hey Borges.....congrats....you now have just surpassed Felger as the number 1 sports writer in Boston I'd most want to punch in the face!!

LMAO!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

The prosecution says an All-Pro NFL tight end who just signed a $40,000,000 contract drove a friend to an industrial park a mile from his house an executed him, and may have killed two other men previously.

Can anyone believe Hernandez would do that... Of course, it's all sources and close associates along with a few security cams and a few dead bodies.

That's like comparing apples and oranges. Comparing the prosecutions evidence with a an article that a plagerist/lier contributed to is completely two different things.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's like comparing apples and oranges. Comparing the prosecutions evidence with a an article that a plagerist/lier contributed to is completely two different things.

I'm not comparing those two things.

I'm comparing two things that are sort of unbelievable.  People flipped out about how it just can't be true when the murder info came out.  With the facts on the table now, it's clear they were wrong. 

This new info comes out and the same people are singing the same tune.

We'll see what happens when the facts are out.  Suggesting that the info is full of lies and speculation based upon a previous Rolling Stone cover art and a reporting with a few black marks on his resume is absurd.