More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control

Yet more buffoonery from our beloved NFL Commissioner, as Vince Wilfolk get fined $10,000 for "driving the opposing QB into the ground". Isn't that what football is all about - driving the opposing ball carrier into the ground?? http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-boston/patriots-nt-vince-wilfork-fined-10-000-for-hit-on-dolphins-qb-chad-henne 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control:
    [QUOTE]     Yet more buffoonery from our beloved NFL Commissioner, as Vince Wilfolk get fined $10,000 for "driving the opposing QB into the ground". Isn't that what football is all about - driving the opposing ball carrier into the ground??  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

They've had that rule in place for a while now -- that you're not supposed to land on the quarterback if you can avoid it. The league must have looked at the tape and realized there really wasn't any appreciable helmet-to-helmet contact that wasn't initiated by Henne, and simply fallen back on this defense when they realized it was a bullsh*t flag.

The officiating has spiraled dangerously out of control and some team is going to get screwed mightily in the playoffs this year, unless I'm wildly mistaken.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control : They've had that rule in place for a while now -- that you're not supposed to land on the quarterback if you can avoid it. The league must have looked at the tape and realized there really wasn't any appreciable helmet-to-helmet contact that wasn't initiated by Henne, and simply fallen back on this defense when they realized it was a bullsh*t flag. The officiating has spiraled dangerously out of control and some team is going to get screwed mightily in the playoffs this year, unless I'm wildly mistaken.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Betcha that the team that gets screwed will be facing the Indianapolis Colts at the time of the screwing. Goodell must go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control :      Betcha that the team that gets screwed will be facing the Indianapolis Colts at the time of the screwing. Goodell must go!

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I for one am having a hard time even recognizing NFL football. Each week they keep changing the game. Now we have this new overtime arrangement. It's gone from a sport to the entertainment business. This is just speculation on my part but I'm starting to think that the reason for the alot of these fines are related to the marketing the NFL is doing to attract more female viewers. Question: do female viewers think the game is too violent? Don't get me wrong you can and have every right to be a football fan no matter what gender you are but frankly I don't know many women who really give a hout about watching football.

I also agree that this fine stuff has something to do with the bargaining agreement between players and owners. At this point though, they might as well put just play flag football for the rest of the year. This might just be the year the Refs decide who wins the Super Bowl. What a shame! Goodell has single handedly ruined the sport.

I hope the players get together and say hey the defense has a right to play football! How can this game be played if everytime there's a hit an offensive player is asking for a flag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Now our beloved Commissioner wants to control speech: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/15/league-office-tells-players-to-cut-the-trash-talk/.

Unbelievable!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Don't think that political hack "Jets" Goodell has an agenda, and hates the Pats? Why, after "spygate" supposedly gave the league a "black eye", according to the Commish...would Goodell revisit that issue on the eve of the SB, with the press?: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/02/roger_goodell_f.html

It's bad enough that "Jets" handed out an unprecedented $750,000 in fines, and docked the Pats' a first round draft choice...all oof which was done to placate the media, and close the then growing gap between the Pats and the Jets. But, it turns out that Goodell also wanted to publicly humiliate BB, by  demanding that BB apologize before the media! Now "Jets" is telling the media that he felt "deceived" when BB read a statement, and took no questions??!!! Why this? Why now???

Bob Kraft, you must never forget...and do everything in your power to oust Goodell from the NFL's highest office. Perhaps in the CBA meetings, Goodell will reveal his true colors to the owners...and afford Kraft an opportunity to sack him. We can only hope.

I can't wait to see who Goodell will appoint to replace Jeff Fisher on the NFL's Rules Committee. Rest assured, whoever it is will be no friend of the Pats. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Very inappropriate of Badell to bring up spygate again... TOOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]     Don't think that political hack "Jets" Goodell has an agenda, and hates the Pats? Why, after "spygate" supposedly gave the league a "black eye", according to the Commish...would Goodell revisit that issue on the eve of the SB, with the press?: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/02/roger_goodell_f.html   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What a coincidence!!! On the day that BB is named "Coach of the Year", Goodell ressurrects "spygate". Is there any further doubt that "Jets" Goodell hates BB and the Pats?

If Goodell ever enters "the Razor" again, Pats' fans should shake the stadium rafters with boos, until he leaves,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I feel DECEIVED by King Goodell. I THOUGHT PRO FOOTBALL HAD A COMMISSIONER.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I feel DECEIVED by King Goodell. I THOUGHT PRO FOOTBALL HAD A COMMISSIONER.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Maybe he'll start a NY media campaign to dock the Pats another first round p.ick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

Does anyone know if Peppers get fined for that hit to Rodgers in the NFC Championship? Does the NFL not fine the players they want to promote?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if Peppers get fined for that hit to Rodgers in the NFC Championship? Does the NFL not fine the players they want to promote?
    Posted by james32[/QUOTE]

Yes...Goodell fined him $10K:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6064573

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof That Goodell is Out of Control : Yeah, that was a travesty.  I hope Jenn Sterger sues the NFL and wins big. She has been put through microscope-hell even though she is the victim. She wasn't asking for any money, just the commish to do the right thing and send the right message and he let her down.  He  basically flipped her the bird and dared her to sue. What a sleazy dope! 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]wood, give it a rest... league should be SUING sterger! not about money my foot... always about $! at her level, who has done more for cheap money with her body than she? good, clearly has done a great job. the fact that like bel he largely could care less how players and non-relevant others see him is a great thing... fact is the sponsors, mass influencers, owners and advertisers love him. job done! he refuses to let the inmates run the asylum, what's wrong with that? 

oooh, he plays snowed-in games on a tuesday... oh my... when these petty complaints are the best we can come up with, it is  proof-positive as to what a great job he is actually doing. he is a typical oldest bro type, all you obvious younger brother types (including YOU wood) want more tree-hugging touchy-feely types in charge. good focuses on the most relevant and ignores the more trivial. he has played this CBA negotiation perfectly and will again get most of what he has outlined including the 18-game schedule. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's a great article on the what a disaster Roger "Jets" Goodell has been as Commissioner of the NFL. The article is entitled, "NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Just Wants You to Like Him", by Sean Crowe...with my commentary:

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is upset that Bill Belichick didn’t gravel enough in front of the media after the SpyGate incident back in 2007.

RESPONSE: Goodell is the son of a former U.S. Senator, and has political aspirations. This is one of the reasons why he ceded to the wishes of the powerful NY media, and helped them drag BB and the Patriots through the muck known as "spygate". Here's some information on the political career of Goodell's Dad, Charles Goodell...who was a liberal Rupublican (cut from the same cloth as former Senator Arlen Specter). Charles Goodell  "served" in New York: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell

Peter King of Sports Illustrated apparently has some magic spell on Goodell that causes him to speak completely unfiltered about anything and everything whenever he’s in his presence. 

RESPONSE: Goodell is using his post as NFL Commissioner to campaign for an eventual run for the U.S. Senate. 

First, there was the Ben Roethlisberger thing. Goodell apparently told King that he consulted a number of NFL players prior to Roethlisberger’s suspension and none of them had anything nice to say about him.

While that may be true, why tell everyone this now? What’s to gain? What’s the upside? And why would the commissioner make public private conversations he had with NFL players?

RESPONSE: Just another opportunity to toot his own horn. He's trying to make himself appear to be the moral standard-bearer of the league...now that Tony Dungy is gone.

Then came a random and out-of-the-blue comment about Bill Belichick.

Goodell apparently believes that a first round draft pick and $750,000 wasn’t a big enough punishment for Spygate. He wanted Belichick to apologize in public, and he wanted him to talk to the media about it.

"I was given assurances that [Belichick] would tell his side of the story," Goodell says. "He went out and stonewalled the press. I feel like I was deceived."

Again, perhaps this is true, though Belichick denied it in the Sports Illustrated story. But why bring this up now? What’s to gain? What’s the upside?

RESPONSE: The NY media hates BB and the Pats. By making this statement, Goodell is helping the NY media blunt the fact that BB was named NFL Coach of the Year...and trying to perpetuate the myth that BB and the Pats cheated their way to success.

Goodell has been a problem since the day he took over as commissioner. Whether it’s his uneven suspensions, his ridiculous fines, or his trying to redefine what is and isn’t an illegal hit, Goodell has been a disaster.

RESPONSE: Amen, brother! 

Now, his NFL is heading toward its first work stoppage in more than two decades, but Goodell wants to talk about private conversations with NFL players, disparage one of his Super Bowl quarterbacks, and complain that Belichick didn’t say he was sorry enough for his liking almost four years ago? 
         Are you kidding?

RESPONSE: As NFL Commissioner, it would appear that job one for Goodell would be to foster the image of the league, it's players, and it's coaches. But obviously, Goodell cares nothing about these things. Could it be that he's more interested in how he's perceived by the fans and the media? You be the judge. 

Ben Roethlisberger is a jerk and there’s no reason to believe Goodell was lying about what he said. But he had no business saying it. Just like he had no business complaining that Belichick didn’t apologize to the press. 
         Goodell is desperate to get the fans on his side. “See, Belichick wronged me too!” he says to the fans who despise the Patriots. “See, NFL players agreed with me when I suspended Roethlisberger!” he says to angry Steelers fans.

RESPONSE: Why would Goodell be so interested in what the fans think of him? Could it be that he's plying for votes already?

Those comments, of course, we between stories of him single-handedly stopping a gun wielding racist, being a lazy genius who has to work harder than everyone else, and there may have been something in there about him leaping tall buildings and inventing the Internet. 
         That's Roger Goodell. He's a Super Hero. Just ask him. Or Peter King.

RESPONSE: Again...image building. Not the NFL's image, but his own. He has the NY press in his corner to help him.  

If the NFL doesn’t get a CBA done, Goodell should resign. Never mind working for $1 per year, he’s already a rich son of a former Senator. He doesn’t NEED the money. The people who will lose their job because he can’t do his well enough, they’re the ones getting screwed.

RESPONSE: He'll never resign, until he's ready to run for political office. As for the failure to obtain a CBA, he'll triangulate...acting like he's above both sides, trying to get them to reason together. This way, when the CBA meetings fail, he can blame the owners and players for their greed. But, you'd better believe he'll try to share the credit when a deal is eventually reached...albeit without any help from him.

Roger Goodell has been a disaster. If the NFL sees its first work stoppage since the 80s under his leadership, then he should resign. Period.
         When he's unemployed, he'll have plenty of time to ask Belichick for a better apology."

RESPONSE: Goodell's next job may be finding ways to raise your taxes.
    http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-boston/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-just-wants-you-to-like-him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Texas... you're spot on. Goodell has no moral underpinnings or guts as he showed when he failed to callout Bart Scott for threatening to end Welker's career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Goodell is not only the worst commissioner in professional sports,he is contention for being the worst commissioner in any sport,maybe ever..His obvious inconsistency,bias and self promotion is so blatant(the Welker situation is just the latest example of such incompetence and personal agenda)that any owner who has a sense of honor,integrity and concern for the league's reputation and professionalism should looking to oust him poste haste,and Bob Kraft should be leading the way. 

Sections
Shortcuts