More Proof That Peyton Is Overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here is an article comparing Kurt Warner to Peyton Manning. After sifting through some cold, hard football facts (which we know that all Indy fans hate), the decision that Warner is the better QB...right behind Tom Brady, is crystall clear: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/21/chff/index.html?eref=T1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

TexasPat, Manning is overrated. BUT, he's still the second best QB in the NFL and is so by quite a margin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Kyle, You're kidding,right. Warner is a pure downfield passing QB. Manning's stats are padded due to the 'underneath' passing game the Colts employ. You are way off base. And, as Tex has pointed out, Warner's stats are better in every category when it counts most. Warner is way better than Manning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Texas all that story proves is that Warner is the better QB in the playoffs. Manning has been teh starter since he was drafted Warner has only been a full tiem start 5 times in his time in the NFL. There is no doubt that Warner i sthe better playoff QB but I wouldnt say he is the better full time starter. If I had the choice between the two QB's I would still take Manning as he has shown that he can get you to the playoffs on a normal basis (he might lose as soon as he gets you there but he still gets you there every year) where as with Warner its hit or miss he might bring you all teh way or he might get benched half way through the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would say Warner is way more clutch then Manning Jbolt but I wouldnt say he is all around better then Manning. And thats coming from me who is a avid Peyton hater, I hate that guy more then I hate green beans....thats alot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antoinew. Show antoinew's posts

I've always hated peyton manning but he is not overrated. the day he retires he will be spoken as one of the top five QB'S of all time. Kurt Warner needs to win this Super Bowl just to have a significant chance at getting in the Hall of Fame.
    TOP OB'S Of all time as of my opinion:
    1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Bart Starr
    3. Joe Montana
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. John Elway
    6. Terry Bradshaw
    7. Tom Brady (Moving up will likely move ahed of Peyton by the time he's done)
    8. Brett Favre
    9. Steve Young
    10. Dan Marino/Warren Moon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It depends on what you consider makes a QB great. There are a lot of QBs who are proficient in winning regular season games (Brady, Manning, McNabb, Roethlisburger, Rivers, even Tony Romo. But it's tougher to have success in January, when you typically are playing the best teams in the league. Here is where Peyton (and Romo) fall off the map.The old saying is "Big time players step up in big time games". Manning has failed to do this. Not only with the Colts, but also at Tennessee. His worst games were in Bowl games and against the Gators, who were the top of the SEC. Simply put, if your team were in a championship game, and you had to choose a QB to lead them, who would it be? We all here (at least all but the trolls) would pick Tom Brady. But if the choice were between Manning and Warner, who would you choose?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

If I had the choice between the two QB's I would still take Manning as he has shown that he can get you to the playoffs on a normal basis

You also have to consider the teams around these two guys. Peyton has always had good teams, with great WRs and one of the best O-lines. Warner did very well with the Rams, but in NY and AZ he had very questionable teams. I daresay if Warner had started for the Colts between 98 and 08 they would certainly have more than one SB appearance. Just my opinion. While they are both great passers and accurate, Warner doesn't fall apart under stress like Peyton does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bub your first question was who would I rather have in a championship game? meaning that we are skipping the playoffs and Manning is already in the championship if thats teh case i go with Manning. Manning has a hard time getting to teh big game but once he is there he did well. Warner is great im not saying he is not but Manning has been the 2nd best QB for years and just because everyone is on the Kurt Warner bandwagon now does not change the fact that Manni8ng has been one of the best players in the NFL for 10 years. If the question was who would i trust to get me through the playoffs and into teh super bowl I would go with Warner in the playoffs but if we are talking just teh championship game then i go with Manning cause he is teh better QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]I've always hated peyton manning but he is not overrated. the day he retires he will be spoken as one of the top five QB'S of all time. Kurt Warner needs to win this Super Bowl just to have a significant chance at getting in the Hall of Fame.
    1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Bart Starr
    3. Joe Montana
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. John Elway
    6. Terry Bradshaw
    8. Brett Favre
    9. Steve Young
    10. Dan Marino/Warren Moon[/Quote]

antoinew:

You've got to be kidding.

1.) Tom Brady;

2.) Joe Montana;

3.) Bart Starr;

4.) Otto Graham;

5.) John Unitas;

6.) John Elway;

7.) Terry Bradshaw;

8.) Roger Staubach;

9.) Dan Marino;

10.) Brett Favre

11.) Sammy Baugh

12.) Kurt Warner

13.) Peyton Manning

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Warner is working class folk, Peyton is a spoiled brat who's had everything handed to him on A silver platter since he was a kid. Talk about 'special treatment'. Warner worked at a freakin' grocery store before pro football. Warner was afforded the opportunity to succeed at a much later date in life than Peyton, thus his stats are not as padded.
    Let me quote Bub,"Warner doesn't fall apart under stress like Peyton does."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jbolt how in the hell does where Warner worked before he played pro ball relivent what so ever to this conversation? What does any of what you had to say play into this conversation? I get it you dont like Manning, I doubt you hate him more then I do but coming up with retarded ways to justify why you think Warner is better is dumb. If you had just said Manning crummbles under presure and Warner does not then I would have no issue but talking about where warner worked and how everything has been given to manning has nothing to do with the facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]
    Warner is working class folk, Peyton is a spoiled brat who's had everything handed to him on silver platter since he was a kid. Talk about 'special treatment'. Warner worked at a freakin' grocery store before pro football. Warner was afforded the opportunity to succeed at a much later date in life than Peyton, thus his stats are not as padded.
    Let me quote Bub,"Warner doesn't fall apart under stress like Peyton does."
    [/Quote]

Nice one JBolt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

perhaps this is based on the number of TV commercials?

In that case the entire top ten would be Peyton. with Favre and Marino in at 11 and 12!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know that citing Kurt Warner's playoff statistics proves that Peyton Manning is overrated. Personally, I don't need any more proof, but as to who is a better quarterback, well . . . certainly Manning has been more consistent playing his game than Warner has playing his. I guess if you buy the "supporting cast" theory they're about the same, although Warner has had the luxury of competing in a weaker conference for the most part. I know some people who like oranges better than apples . . . and then other people would rather have apples.
    Me?
    I like Tom Brady.
    Oh, and the guy who listed Manning, Elway and Bradshaw ahead of Brady should probably seek some kind of probing, expensive professional help.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bradshaw won how many super bowls? I am just wondering cause i think he won 3 or 4 which would put him around teh same rank as Brady but Brady would be ahead of him due to the great season he had in 07

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

brady is nasty but all time best? he's played in the league for 7 seasons...I know you are all Pats fans here, as am I, but some of you need to get off his nuts. I hope he proves his doubters wrong but let's see how well he recovers next season before you all annoint him over the all-time greats, the QBs who ran offenses without the helmet radios and countless coordinators

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

under that logic Greg any QB who plays at a high level in this era of sports with the in helmet radios and what not can not ever be put in the list of all time greats? So what should there be two different lists? QB's who were great before the game was changed and one list for players like Brady who played great after teh game changed? Thats BS because it goes both ways, yea Montana never had a radio in his helmet but then again he didnt have a Salery cap to compete with. yea Terry Bradshaw didnt get a bunch of different coordinators but he also didnt have all the steroid testing that we have today. I could go on and on. Tom Brady won 3 super bowls before he turned 27 years old and he did it with a salery cap and with out a single "star" receiver on the team nor did he have a "star" running back till they got Dillion in 04 and even that only lasted one season. We dont need to wait for Brady to come back from this injury to know he is hands down a top five QB of all time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Bradshaw won how many super bowls? I am just wondering cause i think he won 3 or 4 which would put him around teh same rank as Brady but Brady would be ahead of him due to the great season he had in 07[/Quote]

MVP:

No...I give Brady the edge because Bradshaw was surrounded by a far more talented team. An unbelievable amount of the Steelers of the 70s are in the Hall of Fame...and...there was no free agency back then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well that and Bradshaws team was all juiced up during the 70's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[Quote]I've always hated peyton manning but he is not overrated. the day he retires he will be spoken as one of the top five QB'S of all time. Kurt Warner needs to win this Super Bowl just to have a significant chance at getting in the Hall of Fame.
    1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Bart Starr
    3. Joe Montana
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. John Elway
    6. Terry Bradshaw
    8. Brett Favre
    9. Steve Young
    10. Dan Marino/Warren Moon[/Quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Poor crack baby, he never had a chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Well that and Bradshaws team was all juiced up during the 70's[/Quote]

True...but it was a different era back then. Roids were legal. Other teams were probably using them, too. Theres' no denying that the Steelers of the 70s were great...just like theres' no denying (unless your Leon, Toga, or Underdogg) that the Patriots have been great in this decade.

Sections
Shortcuts