More Proof That Peyton Is Overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote][/Quote]

Tickles Peyton,

I am not sure you know what whining is. To remind you, go back to thread you started about the steelers being lucky the pats weren't in the playoffs. That is whining.

I also don't think you know what lying is, but you do know how to try attach things to me which are not true.

As for credibility, your interest in my credibility does not matter to me.

LOL!!! (who am I???) LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

Tickles Peyton,

RESPONSE: "Tickles Peyton??" I've told you before that this forum is not the place to reveal your most intimate sexual fantasies.

I am not sure you know what whining is. To remind you, go back to thread you started about the steelers being lucky the pats weren't in the playoffs. That is whining.

RESPONSE: That the Steelers were fortunate that the Pats did not make the playoffs is a statement of fact...or at least a statement on my opinion. The Pats were a far better team at seasons' end than the Miami Dolphins...and would have, in my view, beaten the punchless Ravens in Foxboro. As I said in that thread, the Patriots would have given the Steelers a much tougher time than did the Ravens. After all, the Pats are to the Steelers what the Chargers are to your pathetic Colts.

I also don't think you know what lying is, but you do know how to try attach things to me which are not true.

RESPONSE: Oh really? Did you or did you not claim that I said that I wanted to squash pundits...when in truth I stated that I relished verbally squashing trolls like you? What do you call misrepresenting what someone ele said...the truth?? With each passing day, you sir, have shown yourself to be not only a hypocrite, but a liar to boot.

As for credibility, your interest in my credibility does not matter to me.

RESPONSE: Yes...you do have no credibility. You are as credibable as a head official calling a Colts playoff game.

[/Quote]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

"An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."
    "It isn't just contradiction."

"Look, if I argue with you, I have to take up a contrrary position."
    'Yes, but it isn't just saying 'No, it isn't.'"
    "Yes it is."
    "No, it isn't."
    "Yes, it is."
    "No, it isn't. An argument is an intellectual process. Contradiciton is just the automantic gainsaying of anything the other person says."
    'No, it isn't."

yawn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I've never been a fan of Peyton, but from a pure gut level reaction, I get more of a pit in my stomach watching him face my team than watching Warner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote][/Quote]

Now you've done it. You've exposed your stubborness and stupidity.

1) how can you can't define an opinion as fact. That's stupidity.
    2) You are unwilling to accept your opinion as a whine which is exactly what it was. That's stubborn and stupid.
    3) My claim that I say you like to "squash pundits" is my opinion and was related to the words you used about me. As I said before (read this slowly for comprehension) I NEVER SAID THAT YOU SAID YOU LIKED TO SQUASH PUNDITS. I SAID THAT. I CLAIM IT. ITS MY OPINION. NOT YOUR STATEMENT. That is not a lie. That you don't get this is and that I have had to explain it again is plain stupid. You need remedial schooling. I promise you that they teach these kinds of things in jr high or high school. Good luck.

I'll attempt to give you the last word on this because I am tired of this, you've become boringand predictable and have absolutely zero arguementative skill. Here's your opportunity to make fun of me without retribution. I suggest you take full advantage of it. good luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

According to Underdogg, a/k/a "m":

1) how can you can't define an opinion as fact. That's stupidity.

RESPONSE: You ask, "How can you can't define an opinion as fact?" What in the world are you talking about? You're right...that sentence is the mark of sheer stupidity.

2) You are unwilling to accept your opinion as a whine which is exactly what it was. That's stubborn and stupid.

RESPONSE: I said that it was fact...or at least my opinion, that the Pats would have given the Steelers a much tougher time than did the Ravens. That is called an "observation". An example of a whine would be, after an Indy loss, Colts players and their knuckle-headed fan base complaining about the weather, OL malfunctions, and/or how the winning team had been playing too rough with their wimpish WRs. Sound familiar??

3) My claim that I say you like to "squash pundits" is my opinion and was related to the words you used about me. As I said before (read this slowly for comprehension) I NEVER SAID THAT YOU SAID YOU LIKED TO SQUASH PUNDITS. I SAID THAT. I CLAIM IT. ITS MY OPINION. NOT YOUR STATEMENT. That is not a lie.

RESPONSE: Me thinks that thou protests too much. You were caught in a lie. Now you're trying to backtrack from it.

That you don't get this is and that I have had to explain it again is plain stupid. You need remedial schooling. I promise you that they teach these kinds of things in jr high or high school.

RESPONSE: Judging from how you put sentences together, did you ever scholastically rise as high as 9th grade (Junior High School)? Don't they pass out High School diplomas in Indy once a student completes 6th grade?

I'll attempt to give you the last word on this because I am tired of this, you've become boringand predictable and have absolutely zero arguementative skill.

RESPONSE: Once again, your 6th grade education shines on through ("...you've become boringand predictable and have zero arguementative skills").
    Didn't do so well in the spelling-bees, I see.

Please don't run off crying and whining...you have so much more comedy to offer!! Please stay??!!

Here's your opportunity to make fun of me without retribution. I suggest you take full advantage of it.

RESPONSE: Retribution?? When was that ever forthcoming from the likes of you? Please keep right on dealing out your "retribution"...LOL!!!

[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Get a room, you two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Get a room, you two.[/Quote]

Mighty One:

Sorry...hes' not my type. Besides, if you take the time to read his moronic posts, you'll see that he has the hots for Peyton Manning.

LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]I've never been a fan of Peyton, but from a pure gut level reaction, I get more of a pit in my stomach watching him face my team than watching Warner.[/Quote]

Not me, it does nothing but make me confident every time my team goes up against #18.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/peytonkfc.JPG" alt="peytonkfc.JPG" />

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bolt and All:

Guess who Colts' management decided to blame in reaction to their 23-17 choke job to the San Diego Chargers? Peyton Manning? The Indy OL? Of course not...they blamed their defense. Longtime defensive coordinator, Ron Meeks, resigned...after seeing the handwriting on the wall that he was about to be fired.

In his seven years with the Colts, Meeks had done a fabulous job molding a bunch of undersized, but speedy players into a solid unit. He and his defense were primarily responsible for the lone SB triumph in the Manning era.

Heres' yet another excellent article from Indy sports columnist Bob Kravitz, which criticizes the Meeks firing...and lays the blame for the latest Indy choke exactly where it belongs...at the feet of Mr. Wonderful and his OL: http://www.indystar.com/article/20090125/SPORTS
    15/901250353/1058/SPORTS03

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Tex: This quote from the article says it all.

"In this city, we always want to blame the defense. It's part of the enduring love affair we have with Peyton Manning, who simply can't do anything wrong even when, well, he does a lot wrong."

Sir gag-alot (#18) & the Oline are the culprits.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bolt,

That is essentially what I was saying. The Chargers had a great offense this season and scored just seventeen points in regulation -- three of them in the final seconds after Manning failed to convert a 3rd and two.

They scored 24 against the vaunted Steelers the very next week.

How can you blame a defense that made Rivers look worse than Pitt did? How can you blame a defense that held the NFL's second best offense that averaged 27.4 points a game to just 17 in four quarters?

I suppose the defense should just pitch a shutout through double OT so that Pey-Pey can havetime to work his miraculous comeback.

UD keptsaying that people would rethink it if the Bolts defense was that good against Pitt. And what happened there too?

Moore should have been the cat to get canned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Tex: This quote from the article says it all.

"In this city, we always want to blame the defense. It's part of the enduring love affair we have with Peyton Manning, who simply can't do anything wrong even when, well, he does a lot wrong."

Sir gag-alot (#18) & the Oline are the culprits.[/Quote]

Bolt and All:

I wonder what my good friend Underdogg, a/k/a "m", has to say about this...LOL!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To All:

The Colts finished 6th in the NFL in total defense...yet Meeks gets forced out. Dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hi folks - "m" (toilet paper's ridiculously creative moniker of me just to show that he too can come up with something different in response) here -

I've been waiting for this exact post from Toilet Paper, because I knew it would come.

Once again Typical Pundit has taken the position of another and written as if it is his own opinion. Truth is Too Phoggy really doesn't know how to develop an opinion of his own as frequently demonstrated.

Anyway, forget about that - I knew this would come because Truth Poison likes to use Bob Kravitz as the voice of everyone in Indy but me.

Kravitz makes many fine argueable points in the article which some of you, like Tickles Peyton, devoured like an economy sized can of Alpo.

Too lost in the delicious feast of a local columnist (whose job it is to stir the pot) at odds with conventional wisdom, you missed his nice bit of double talk. While laying all of the blame for the colts failures on the offense, Terrible Punchline's hero, Kravitz said this:

"The postseason problems around here have centered on the offense and not the defense. Could the defense be better? Absolutely. It would help Manning and his guys immensely if they could get more possessions every game and not be forced to be so ridiculously efficient with just eight or nine possessions every game."

Depending on your perspective, it is either irresponsible or par for the course for a columnist, whose very livlihood depends on his use of words, to make an arguement laying blame for the colts failures at the feet of the offense while in the same column stating that they are FORCED TO BE SO RIDICULOUSLY EFFICIENT.

Ridiculous, Too Phoggy, is defined as ABSURD or PREPOSTEROUS. Please let me know if you need definitions for those words too, my double-speak friend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nice try

The Colts had 12 drives in that game. That is the same amount of drives that the Chargers had including OT.

So maybe I am missing the "eight or nine" reference. Are you referring to another playoff game Indy lost this season?

There is absolutely no way you cna lay the blame on the defense for Indy getting bounced. And as far as the year before, three turnovers and you should expect to lose. But nevertheless, that game had ten drives.

You see the trick is scoring points, and not blaming it on the defense. If you have twelve drives and can only score three times, it is an offensive problem, not defensive.

So on behalf of everyone who isn't at the altar of Manning eating that economy sized can of alpo . . . puuuleaase.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]Nice try

The Colts had 12 drives in that game. That is the same amount of drives that the Chargers had including OT.

So maybe I am missing the "eight or nine" reference. Are you referring to another playoff game Indy lost this season?

There is absolutely no way you cna lay the blame on the defense for Indy getting bounced. And as far as the year before, three turnovers and you should expect to lose. But nevertheless, that game had ten drives.

You see the trick is scoring points, and not blaming it on the defense. If you have twelve drives and can only score three times, it is an offensive problem, not defensive.

So on behalf of everyone who isn't at the altar of Manning eating that economy sized can of alpo . . . puuuleaase.[/Quote]

I think you missed the point.

This wasn't about one game (although that was mentioned in the article and I responded). The article was about the colts playoff history over the last several years and whether or not the defense and the DC had any culpability for the losses over that time.

Kravitz makes an arguement and then backs out of it by making the statement about the offense needing to be ridiculously efficient.

Finally, if you were not one of those drooling over the local writer's rant then no alpo for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The best columnists never let the facts stand in the way of a good opinion, and what is the point of having two sides to your mouth if you can't talk out of both of them at the same time?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Speaking of speaking out of both sides of a mouth, remember the old cartoons where gangsters always spoke out of only one side of their mouth.

Now, I know they had a cigar habit, but maybe the phrase had not yet been coined at the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]Hi folks - "m" (toilet paper's ridiculously creative moniker of me just to show that he too can come up with something different in response) here -

RESPONSE: Welcome back Dogg, a/k/a "m"!! Hey...I thought that you were through with our little squabble?? In any event, glad to have you back, my friend!!

I've been waiting for this exact post from Toilet Paper, because I knew it would come.

RESPONSE: How clairvoyant of you. So...are you telling us that the Colts were right in placing the blame for their choke in San Diego on DC Ron Meeks and his defense? You're actually taking the position that the Indy defense didn't do its' job, even though it held the San Diego offense to just 17 points in regulation?

Once again Typical Pundit has taken the position of another and written as if it is his own opinion. Truth is Too Phoggy really doesn't know how to develop an opinion of his own as frequently demonstrated.

RESPONSE: "Too Phoggy??" You can't be serious??!! Dogg...you are a "funny" guy...LOL!!!

Anyway, forget about that - I knew this would come because Truth Poison likes to use Bob Kravitz as the voice of everyone in Indy but me.

RESPONSE: No...lets not forget quite yet. I've had the opinion that Peyton Manning is an overrated choke artist for the past 6 years. Bob Kravitz was a big-time Manning apologist til this most recent choke. Now, he finally sees things my way. Doesn't it strengthen ones' position when one finds articles by professional sports writers to back it up...especially a guy like Kravitz, whose been a big-time Indy homer for years?
    Are you claiming that your opinion is more valid than that of Mr. Kravitz? But, hes' a professional!! In previous posts, you've criticized me for challenging the opinion of a professional pundit. Now, you're doing that very thing...once again showing you to be a hypocrite.

Kravitz makes many fine argueable points in the article which some of you, like Tickles Peyton, devoured like an economy sized can of Alpo.

RESPONSE: There you go again discussing your sexual fantasies here. A little decorum on our forum, if you please.

Too lost in the delicious feast of a local columnist (whose job it is to stir the pot)

RESPONSE: Bob Kravitz has covered the Colts for years at the Indy Star. He is their most respected columnist. Where were you when Kravitz was saying for years that Peyton Manning was "Mr. Wonderful"...the best thing sinse sliced bread?
    Pot stirring occurs with the Boston media, where hacks like Ron Borges and John Tomase reside. But in Indy, the Colts have gotten a free ride...until recently. I guess that even Colts fans tire of seeing their team choke, and listening to all the excuses;

e bit of double talk. While laying all of the blame for the colts failures on the offense, Terrible Punchline's

RESPONSE: "Terrible Punchline??" How lame...LOL!!!

hero, Kravitz said this:

"The postseason problems around here have centered on the offense and not the defense. Could the defense be better? Absolutely. It would help Manning and his guys immensely if they could get more possessions every game and not be forced to be so ridiculously efficient with just eight or nine possessions every game."

RESPONSE: Here I tend to disagree with Bob. The Colts' offense was far from "ridiculously efficient" all season. Were they "ridiculously efficient" in Indy's lucky wins against Minnesota, in Houston, in Pittsburgh, against the Patriots, or in Cleveland? NO!!! The Colts' defense won those games...as the Manning led offense struggled.
    No matter how you twist or turn it, the fact remains that the "high powered and efficient" Indy offense couldn't gain two yards with the game on the line.
    Hey Dogg, a/k/a "m", did you bother to read these quotes?:
    "If you think about the eight playoff losses during the Peyton Manning era, how many of them could squarely be dropped on the shoulders of the defense? (And don't tell me the San Diego loss. They make 2 stinking yards on third down, and it's ballgame.) For most of Meeks' tenure, his defenses were in the top 11 in virtually every defensive category, which isn't too bad for a team that's built around Manning and its offense.

"In the eight playoff losses during the Manning era, the Colts have averaged a measly 13.6 points per game. All of those losses came with (OC Tom) Moore at the helm. That's an atrocious number given the cash the Colts have invested in their quarterback and their offense".

Now I realize that facts disturb you, but WOW!! 13.6 points per game!! Wouldn't you agree that thats' an example of ridiculous offensive efficiency??!!!

Depending on your perspective, it is either irresponsible or par for the course for a columnist, whose very livlihood depends on his use of words, to make an arguement laying blame for the colts failures at the feet of the offense while in the same column stating that they are FORCED TO BE SO RIDICULOUSLY EFFICIENT.

RESPONSE: Nice try at cut and pasting, son...but no cigar. If you go back and re-read the paragraph you cited, Kravitz says that "could the defense be better...absolutely"...(and if they were better), Manning (would) get more possessions every game, and not be forced to be so efficient. Thats' true of every offense. In years past, that might have been true...but not this year.

Ridiculous, Too Phoggy, is defined as ABSURD or PREPOSTEROUS. Please let me know if you need definitions for those words too, my double-speak friend.

RESPONSE: I hear that not only do they provide definitions in the Indy schools, but pictures as well. "Too Phoggy??" Hell, you're Too Phony

Please, oh clown, keep right on posting. In the meantime, why don't you go read "The Manning Meter"...LOL!!

[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Though ex-DC Ron Meeks served in that capacity for seven years, he has been given no credit whatsoever for the gradual yearly improvement of the Colts' defense. As you might have guessed, that credit was given to "The Pius One", Tony Dungy.

Their replacement of choice for Meeks is recently fired Chiefs' head coach, Herm Edwards. But, thus far, Edwards has turned down the job, saying that he wasn't interested in a DC post. Who can blame Herm, after the shabby way that the Colts treated Meeks:
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/section/Analysis/.

It was also reported by CHOK News that Bill Polian has also credited Peyton Manning for the teams' defensive improvements. In an interview with CHOK reporters, Polian stated:

"We're sorry to see Tony Dungy go. But, we still have Peyton...whose like having a coach on the field. When your defense has the privilege of practicing every day against the finest QB in NFL history, they have no choice but to improve...or be humiliated.

But, when pressed to give a statement about the Colts' playoff failures, including this years' disappointing playoff loss to San Diego, Polian issued a stern "No comment!!"

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Well the panthers seemed to like meeks.for they just signed him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Moss:

Right you are about Meeks to Carolina: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/26/panthers-name-ron-meeks-defensive-coordinator/.

Also, ex-49ers coach Mike Nolan signed on at Denver to be Josh McDaniels' DC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, using Polian's words: By practiing against Manning, the D is able to defend against a real good QB. This year PM had a down year, for him. So, the D, practicing against a sub par PM, couldn't get ready for a QB firing on all cylinders. Hence, PM IS to blame!

Sections
Shortcuts