More proof the pats have become the old colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

More proof the pats have become the old colts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/18/week-two-power-rankings-3/

Week Two power rankings

Posted by Mike Florio on September 18, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT

1. 49ers (four first-place votes):  The most complete team in the NFL looks even better than last year.

2. Texans (one first-place vote):  The first two weeks have been like a major-college schedule for the Texans, with Miami and Jacksonville playing the role of Savannah State and Arkansas State.

3. Packers:  The defense is moving in the right direction.  Which is good because the offense suddenly isn’t.

4. Eagles:  Eventually, the defense is going to order a Code Red against Mike Vick.

5. Patriots:  Gostkowski picked the worst possible time to kick like Vanderjagt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: More proof the pats have become the old colts

this loss means nothing.  the fact that our d is doing good this early is amazing.  Its not till mid season when they get better.  Who would have thought that our O is what is holding us back. 

Need a miracle fumble. Check.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Not quit fool. The Colts have appeared in 2 since 2000 winning one. The pats have been in 5 winning 3. I don't know where you r math skills came from

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD.. considering the Pats essentially shot themselves in the foot with their play against the Cardinals, no wonder they lost.  You have to give the Cardinals their due.. they played their "A" game while the Pats did not, yet, still lost but for a missed last second FG to win it!

As for these power rankings.. a true case for "what have you done lately".  49'ers are looking good now and one loss and they tumble etc etc etc..  Let's see where everyone falls in January/February 2013!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The Cardinals didn't play their A game. Kolb was pretty bad in the first half missing open receivers on several occasions and they turned it over twice. Every one better step it up against the Ravens or it won't be pretty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

UD is looking for any reason to relieve him of his Colts misery. It's not much different than our Jets troll except the Colts actually have made the SB and won in the last 43 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

UD is looking for any reason to relieve him of his Colts misery. It's not much different than our Jets troll except the Colts actually have made the SB and won in the last 43 years.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny.  I was just having a spot of fun.  As some here have said the pats have become the colts of old.  Finesse, throwing team dependent on the QB with a weak defense, I couldn't help but to share the Vanderjagt reference. 

Don't take it seriously.  At least the colts of old were good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never think I take you seriously

Pretty funny.  I was just having a spot of fun.  As some here have said the pats have become the colts of old.  Finesse, throwing team dependent on the QB with a weak defense, I couldn't help but to share the Vanderjagt reference. 

Don't take it seriously.  At least the colts of old were good. 

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Seriously the Cards didn't bring their A game? The AZ D played better than I've ever seen it, you gotta give credit where credit is due. We played like dog doo doo and still would've won the game if not for a botched FG. So the sky is not falling and one game does not a season make. EVenthough we look like a machine sometimes we are human and some days you eat the bear and somedays the bear eats you.I still think we aere the best team all around and I expect not only to be in but win this years championship. Our D  is light years ahead of last years and even though our O was really awful most of the game our D gave us the oppurtunity to pull out a W with big  big plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ya their defense played great (they have a good defense, its not that surprising they played that well) but the offense was awful, so no, they didn't play a perfect game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Not really. But even if they have become the old Colts.... the old Colts were a very good football team. But the new Colts aren't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not really. But even if they have become the old Colts.... the old Colts were a very good football team. But the new Colts aren't.

LOL!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And thank you for comment echo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots have built back their defense to an elite level. They will still go through some growing pains but have the leagues youngest defense which will get better and better. The Colts never had a very good defense, it was built small and fast, good for playing with a lead. This Patriots defense is going to dominate and win games on its own. The offense needs some work but looks like it's  getting away from finesse and becoming more physical. They lost Sunday to a good team, didn't play a good game, lots of mistakes that will be corrected. 

I would agree with your statement some a year or two ago but not now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think we are transitioning back to the Patriots of 2001-04

Stout run defense, balanced offensive attack..
    So far, its been a work in progress.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Underdogg didn't know the Colt's of old were soft, finesse when they were the Colt's of old so he certainly wouldn't recognize it now.  

Powerful running game, attacking defense; we look like the Patriot's of old.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed... Old Colts Johnny U , Tom Matte, Lenny Moore, John Mackey, Raymond berry, Billy Ray Smith, Bubba Smith, Mike Curtis...

Or are you talking abourt the newer colts?

Burt Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Joe washington,  Rosevelt Leaks, Ed Simmonini and one of my favorites Roger carr.

[/QUOTE]

I remember the Bert Jones to Roger Carr connection. In 1976, there were none better. Carr had 25.9 yards/reception that season.

The Patriots, Steelers, Raiders and Colts were the class of the NFL that year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Lets see: The pats have a solid RB, a great blocking TE and some on the bench who can block some, a run D that looks like one of the best in the league, a great set of PHYSICAL LBs (not just speedy lightweights), a group of safeties who look solid, some decent coverage by the CBs...

THey do not have the pass rush the Colts had. The one thing these teams have in common is a top flight QB. After that they are as different as night and day...

If you are expecting the Pats to win 1-6 games you are crazy... If you are expecting them to win less than 10 games you are hoping with no reason to hope. If you do not think they will win this division you are mistaken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cardinals didn't play their A game. Kolb was pretty bad in the first half missing open receivers on several occasions and they turned it over twice. Every one better step it up against the Ravens or it won't be pretty.

[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely correct. If Kolb was even half way decent he would of hit those open receivers and we would of been in an even bigger hole. I think our defense should be pretty darn solid against the run, but I'm not ready to say we will be able to stop the pass after two games against lousy quarterbacks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ghost made a 46 yard field goal on Sunday.  He made a 34 yarder.  Then he kicked a 51 yarder.  Then he kicked a 53 yarder.  Finally he missed a 42 yarder.   How dare you compare even that one game performance with whatshisname, Vanderjagt?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ghost made a 46 yard field goal on Sunday.  He made a 34 yarder.  Then he kicked a 51 yarder.  Then he kicked a 53 yarder.  Finally he missed a 42 yarder.   How dare you compare even that one game performance with whatshisname, Vanderjagt?

[/QUOTE]

Actually as i recall Mike "the idiot kicker " Vanderjagdt was a very good kicker for the Colts -

with the exception of whenever the game was on the line .

No denying that it wasnt just the fact that Ghost missed when it mattered most - but the way he utterly shanked it was disturbing .

( It also didnt help that at about the same time  - Adam V was splittin' the uprights to win it for Indy .)

One game ...he pats didnt lose the game cuz of one guy ...total team effort for the Pats ...moving on .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vanderjagt was called the most accurate kicker in the NFL except when the game the game was on the line.  Now this is not entirely true.  Vanderjagt won his share of games but he was famous for a couple of misses in the playoffs. 

Sections
Shortcuts