More terrific writing from our friends at ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

I was reading Tim Grahams blog and he had an article about the health of Tom Brady. He wrote on how the doctors found it nearly impossible to prevent his infections. He went on to say that Tom Brady has a good chance at a full recovery. Tim Graham also gave us a useless statistic,
    "Andrew spoke as part of a medical panel on Wednesday that said doctors are seeing more athletes -- especially girls -- suffer knee injuries as they spend more time playing sports without time off."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You might want to check out Andrew's Archives, where he discusses in some detail the remarkable propesnity for water to get you wet; how to avoid suffocation by continuous breathing; and many useful tips about protecting your eyesight by not staring directly at the sun for extended periods.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

From profootballtalk.com, here is the most important statement from Brady's surgeon:

“You’ve got to realize that orthopedic surgeons are optimistic by the nature of the problems we deal with,” Andrews said. “When you listen to your orthopedic surgeon and he tells you you’re going to be well in a certain period of time, you best triple that and you’ll be closer to reality.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3930611

and to think clayton thinks the cheifs should go after leftwhich.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/pats-using-bradys-health-to-build-market-for-cassel/

here is another way to look at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dogg,

Your hope that Brady isn't well is getting to the point of tragic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Moss - anything is possible. But I think the comments actually suggested that pats might very well need Cassell as opposed to the opposite.

the comments never indicated that he would be ready for the season. The comments did indicate that he would make a fully recovery. These are 2 very different things.

Further, the comments specifically did say that the length of recovery stated as one thing might be more correctly stated as 3 times that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Z - I lwish Brady nothing less than a full recovery. I mean that sincerely, and it appears that will happen.

As the recipient of 2 reconstructed ACL's (one with complications), however, I know that FULL RECOVERY takes time.

Would I like to see the pats have to keep Cassell. Yep. But I never wish unhealth on anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Gee I am shocked that Underdoog wants us to think Brady might not be ready in time, High hopes i guess but dont get your hopes to high Underdogg cause Brady will be ready to go on day one.

You can say it all you wants and ask the "what if" over and over again but your not gonna get in our heads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"As the recipient of 2 reconstructed ACL's (one with complications), however, I know that FULL RECOVERY takes time." - Underdogg

Yea well you are not a pro football player with the best knee doctors in the country and the best rehab you can get. How can you even compear what you ent through with Tom Brady? are you 60 million dollar athalete? Cause Tom Brady is. He gets the best care and is in way better shape then you are and is probally 5 times the worker you are so your personal experience means jack sh*t to this conversation. But hey maybe if you keep saying it and you think really hard while you do then maybe it will come true. also click your shoes together three times and say "theres no place like Indy theres no place like Indy"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Brady will be ready for training camp and get in some preseason games, and a Week 1 starter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

SO my cousin tore up his bursar skiing and has never been the same, but Manning bounced back several times since college. The level of treatment in the NFL is sooooooo much higher.

These guys get a whole year of shots, and therapy, etc, etc.

The bottom line is this.

Brady is already throwing. Already dropping. Already running, moving. Doing football movement. He will be starting.

And as far as NE being stuck with Cassel, it isn't happening. I know you wish that Indy had a chip like that to deal, but they don't and NE does. And wishing it isn't going to change the fact that it is a zero risk maneuver, they will be able to find someone. Maybe not for the five first rounders that some people here think they will get, but he will be moved and most likely quickly so NE can make some nice FA additions and/or resign their heavy hitters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - I happen to believe that I did have one of the best knee doctors in the country. Formerly the colts ortho surgeon including trips to the pro bowl, honors, publications, etc. here is his site: aclmd.com

But you are correct about the most important thing and that is a professional's rehab.

I expect him to play. I don't expect him to be 100%.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

The words "terrific writing" and "ESPN" is an oxymoron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The problem with saying it will take 3X longer does not take into consideratrion the professional athlete. Those statements are based upon the general populace.
    I had total knee replacement and was told in 6 months I'd have 75% fleibility and no more than 90% ever.
    I'm not a pro athlete but I did what I was told and had 90% in under a year. I was also told by the therapist that in 6 weeks I was where some one at 12 weeks should be. Then he told me to stop coming because I no longer needed him and was wasting my money.
    It's all about how you do what you are supposed to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

A doctor told you you no longer needed him?

A doc tor instructed you to stop giving him money?

Did this happen on planet Earth?

Sections
Shortcuts