More trades are a coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

More trades are a coming

I was right on getting a 2nd for next year and wiggling a 3rd out of thin air..... I'm thinking the 2 tradable 7th will be used to move up some way or another

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: More trades are a coming

I don't think the 7th round picks have much value.  I think a 6th round pick could be used to trade up, or to trade into the 5th round of next year if another team really sees someone they like.

I do feel like Belichick is playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers, though.  For moving down just a few spots within the same round twice, he's gotten a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year.  And he still got Spikes and Gronkowski, along with two guys (Cunningham and Price) about whom I know absolutely nothing.  Wow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

surely there will be more trades. we're not even half way through this draft and the Pats have 8 more selections to make.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Can't see the Pats making 8 more picks .....   4  of them we have to use as per comp picks (6th and 3x 7th).
    That leaves us with  4th, 5th and 7th x 2 to make deals with.
    Lets see what BB can make happen with those 4 picks !!!!

Nick C we traded our 6th to Uncle AL  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

these last two drafts seem so brilliantly executed. it makes one wonder why did the previous drafts ('06-'08) come up short. is the answer that belchick took a more hands on role? that bodes well for the defense this coming season. Belichick has already said he is going to be more hands on in 2010

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rexryanisfat. Show rexryanisfat's posts

looks like a good draft. Two firsts round picks along with 2 second round next year looks even better!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The nay sayers will find a way to find fault but based on everything I can find on this year's picks, BB has done quite well. The more I read about McCourty the more I like him and those second rounders all look good.  Getting the players he wanted while engineering a third rounder this year and a second rounder next year was absolutely masterful.  As difficult as this may be for some to accept, BB actually knows what he's doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

In Response to Re: More trades are a coming:
    the only bad thing is.only one or two players pan out in every draft.
    Posted by mosseffectredux

Except last years draft and this year. This year is much deeper and with an overall higher quality of player than previouys years therefore that translates into more players making the team. Also, with high quality already ON the team then it makes it that much more difficult to crack the team. Even an A drafted QB couldn't unseast an A+ Tom Brady. An A nose couldn't unseat an A+ Wilfork etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

these last two drafts seem so brilliantly executed. it makes one wonder why did the previous drafts ('06-'08) come up short. is the answer that belchick took a more hands on role? that bodes well for the defense this coming season. Belichick has already said he is going to be more hands on in 2010
    Posted by sirpinochle

Well, as I replied the same way in the comments to one BH article...remember last year WAS BB's first draft that HE made the full decisions.  Before that Scott Polian was a part of the drafting group.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

The more I read about McCourty the more I like him
    Posted by ATJ

And I like him even more since I found out that he went to the same HS in NJ as I did.  My HS, St. Joseph Regional HS, has been State Champions more years than not in almost every sport.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

looks like a good draft. Two firsts round picks along with 2 second round next year looks even better!
    Posted by rexryanisfat

Not that I am complaining, but those seconds next year will be more like 3rds. Hopefully the 2nd we obtained, will be a high one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

In Response to Re: More trades are a coming : Well, as I replied the same way in the comments to one BH article...remember last year WAS BB's first draft that HE made the full decisions.  Before that Scott Polian was a part of the drafting group.
    Posted by mrtm70

BB has always had the final say. However KC took Berry / McCluster= Poili. They look more like Meriweather / Maroney. While We have taken Chung / Gronkowski types. They look more like Titians types now that Floyd Reiss is here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

The compensatory picks cannot be traded, I believe.  To say they are not valuable, may be overstated.  I view that as the ability to draft many of the guys that we would compete to sign as non-drafted free agents.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

I still can't believe they passed on Bryant!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: More trades are a coming : Not that I am complaining, but those seconds next year will be more like 3rds. Hopefully the 2nd we obtained, will be a high one.
    Posted by jerh5

Actually, no.  Next years draft "appears" to have more elite talent than this year.  The predicted crop of RBs, WRs, QBs is much better than this year.  The overall draft isnt nearly as deep, but not as many early entrants declared for this draft as they originally thought would(only about 6 more than normal), so next year isnt depleted like we thought it would be. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think they can move up in round 4 enough to have a shot at that USC DE if they want him. Not sure if they can outbid someone for the top 4th round spot though if that is where he goes. (Which I think is likely)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I am loving this draft, and we aren't even half way through yet.
    BB was able to get a CB that has amazing potential, a huge TE that has great hands and can block aswell, a OLB in cunningham and ILB in Spikes( Who I think will flourish alongside mayo and will be a vocal leader in the locker room and on the field) and he adressed a need for WR, all in the 1st three rounds.

oh wait, thats not all, He also acquired Carolina's second rounder for next year from a third rounder he created by slightly moving down and still selecting McCourty just like he wanted. Bellicheck is a genious!

We have 8 more picks coming up today, and as of right now two 1st and two 2nd rounders next year to put our roster over the top. I love it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Didn't we get Edelman in round 7 last year?......I'm pretty sure with a full year @ WR under his belt he is going to get his chance to be Wes Welker. BB has done some amazing things in the late rounds. He's a gambler with these late picks....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Manevour around with the 4 picks to try to get 2 out of the next 30 picks IMHO.  I'd go for Al Woods, and Bruce Campbell...or the best 2 lineman(1 each side of the ball) that you can.   Then use the 4 you have to use on P, RB, WR, and OLB.

just my 2 cents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I can see the Pats trading a fourth for Osi. If they were willing to take Cunningham to work on as an OLB when he's never played at that position, why not a proven rusher like Osi?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamBelichick. Show TeamBelichick's posts

what did we trade that 4th rounder for?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We used it on TE Hernandezout of florida. He is a great Pass Catching TE.

Sections
Shortcuts