More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points

I love the way he tells these guys nothing time after time.   This is almost good enough for "Saturday Night Live" Skit.  LMAO

By Michael Whitmer, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Asked at the beginning and the end of today's press conference about Tom Brady, the injury to his left shoulder, his appearance on this week's injury report, and whether he's concerned about the health of his star quarterback, Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn't offer much.

Question: Do you anticipate Tom being able to practice today?
    Belichick: We'll list his status at the end of practice.

Question: What was able to do yesterday?
    Belichick: Play quarterback.

Question: So he did practice?
    Belichick: It was the way we listed him.

Question: He wasn't injured then during the week? Because he was listed as non injury on Wednesday, then Thursday --
    Belichick: I think we covered that, right? Didn't we cover that?

Question: So it was a planned day off, it wasn't that he was hurt?
    Belichick: I think we covered that.

After about 10 minutes of non-Brady questions, Belichick was asked again about No. 12.

Question: What's your level of concern with the new injury to Brady and that he'll be able to perform at the level that he's accustomed to?
    Belichick: Look, any player that we put out on the field we have confidence in. If they're out there, we have confidence in them. ... We're not going to put anybody out there on the field that we don't have confidence in.

Question: So you have confidence in Tom?
    Belichick: If he's not out there on the field, it won't be because we don't have confidence in him. Whatever it is [related to injury], we'll list it as accurately as we can based on the information that we have. We always do. Sometimes that information changes. Obviously, we do the best that we can with the information that we have. Like we always do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Re: More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points

In Response to More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points:
    [QUOTE]I love the way he tells these guys nothing time after time.   This is almost good enough for "Saturday Night Live" Skit.  LMAO By Michael Whitmer, Globe Staff FOXBOROUGH -- Asked at the beginning and the end of today's press conference about Tom Brady, the injury to his left shoulder, his appearance on this week's injury report, and whether he's concerned about the health of his star quarterback, Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn't offer much. Question: Do you anticipate Tom being able to practice today? Belichick: We'll list his status at the end of practice. Question: What was able to do yesterday? Belichick: Play quarterback. Question: So he did practice? Belichick: It was the way we listed him. Question: He wasn't injured then during the week? Because he was listed as non injury on Wednesday, then Thursday -- Belichick: I think we covered that, right? Didn't we cover that? Question: So it was a planned day off, it wasn't that he was hurt? Belichick: I think we covered that. After about 10 minutes of non-Brady questions, Belichick was asked again about No. 12. Question: What's your level of concern with the new injury to Brady and that he'll be able to perform at the level that he's accustomed to? Belichick: Look, any player that we put out on the field we have confidence in. If they're out there, we have confidence in them. ... We're not going to put anybody out there on the field that we don't have confidence in. Question: So you have confidence in Tom? Belichick: If he's not out there on the field, it won't be because we don't have confidence in him. Whatever it is [related to injury], we'll list it as accurately as we can based on the information that we have. We always do. Sometimes that information changes. Obviously, we do the best that we can with the information that we have. Like we always do.    
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Reporters... a group who truly need to be handed.. " and here's your sign!".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Are reporters daft?

Are they really expecting:

"he's playing but his left shoulder is kind of sore so I am hoping the opposing defense takes it easy on him and also if we line up in short yardage formation you can bet it won't be a QB sneak ."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

"So you have confidence is Tom?"  LOL...hilarious.  I know the reporters have a job to do, but really...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points:
    [QUOTE]Are reporters daft? Are they really expecting: "he's playing but his left shoulder is kind of sore so I am hoping the opposing defense takes it easy on him and also if we line up in short yardage formation you can bet it won't be a QB sneak ."
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

I kinda wish BB would say just that, that Brady is a little hurt and won't be running the QB sneak. Then, at the appropriate time, have Brady run the QB sneak. When the reporters ask him why Brady ran the sneak, BB says, in his best straightfaced manner, " his status changed."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why do these guys even bother asking?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

lol!
    that's an amazing transcript!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It's funny to read, but after a while its the same dribble we've heard for the past 11 years. The media will never crack BB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

As I've said before,BB for President. Love it. He tells them nuthin. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Vintage Belichick from Extra Points : that would probably happen if people didn't SPEND SO MUCH TIME SPECULATING ABOUT THINGS THEY CANNOT CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Doc:  why are you here?  You continually bloviate nonsensical bon mots similar to the above; "you can't control it, you're just a fan, why are we talking about it" garbage.  If you don't want to talk about something because a mere fan brought the topic up in the first place - why do you post a comment or, a better question, even bother to come to this site?  Got brains Doc?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He forgot: "The Bills are the team we're playing this week". Another gem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yeah saw this on the homepage blog. Very funny!
    Was a good topic of conversation a the dinner table last night. 
    Now you know why BB is hated by the press/reporters.
    I say good for him !