Morris next to go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Morris next to go?

Why isn't there any discussion of releasing Sammy Morris?  He's productive when he plays, when being the operative word.  Doesn't BJGE make him redundant anyway? And five RBs is a luxury when there are seemingly more pressing needs on the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Morris next to go?

In Response to Morris next to go?:
    [QUOTE]Why isn't there any discussion of releasing Sammy Morris?  He's productive when he plays, when being the operative word.  Doesn't BJGE make him redundant anyway? And five RBs is a luxury when there are seemingly more pressing needs on the roster.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one. I really can't argue about his injury history. It is what it is. When healthy as you say, I would argue he is the best all around back on the roster. BJGE only has one regular season of stats to compare Morris to  but Morris's numbers are significantly better. Hard to compare him to faulk as he's primarily a 3rd down back running draws and screens. Now comparing him to both Taylor and Maroney over the previous three seasons he has equal or better numbers (3yr avg) than both of those guys as well. 

Morris is also a year younger than Taylor and has more than 1800 fewer rushing attempts in his career so his legs should "theoretically" have allot more life left in them.

I guess the bottom line however sad is that they are not real confident that Morris, Taylor, or Maroney can stay healthy and need the depth? I don't know, just guessing.

Lastly I would say that unless you had an opportunity to sign/trade/get a guy that would "really" help in an area of need then they might do something like you are suggesting. I just don't think they will dump one of them for scrub material, even for a thin area on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I would look for a trade...get some value for him, Green-Ellis runs just as good as him and stays healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

there would be little value for a 32 year old rb.

Sammy has more value to the pats on a goal line stand than any other n.e back. They are going to keep all 5. This will be morris' last year and while he gets injured , when healthy he can and will produce

They wouldnt cut a rb when 3/5 rbs are over 30. 2/5 rbs are injury prone. BJGE is the future and solid insurance policy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

morris was just rested throughout the preseason. They know what he can do and he will be ready for our opener

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Right now I like the combo of BJGE, Taylor Maroney and of course Faulk more than any with Morris in it. He does run effectively between the tackles I agree but is definitely not going to break for the big one any time soon. Having said all that you are not going to get much of anything in the form of a trade. 32 year old injry prone fullback turned running back, Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander couldn't find work a few weeks ago and those guys a few years ago were tops in the league. So the other option is to release him. Unless someone is out there that would immediately upgrade or provide solid and I mean solid depth at say LB or possibly backup QB then you have to keep Morris. We are all about putting the best team with the best players on the field. Why release a solid RB that contributes in our committee of RB's to get a 3rd string LB that will be cut at the end of the year anyway?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I really thought Morris would be cut before Nunn. Morris is a decent back that is consistent producer unfortunately he is also consistantly knicked up or injured. Last year and this preseason I have really liked what I see from Lawfirm.