Moss and a potential extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Moss and a potential extension

not that Randy Moss has a lot to prove, but this is a perfect week for him to show everyone why want (or don't want) to keep him after this year

I've sort of liked his low key attitude about the 'slouch' comment . . . I'm looking for him to have a solid game and show us that working out an extension is worth our time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Moss and a potential extension

I would work a deal with the Chargers. The aging and apparently disgruntled Moss for the young and unhappy Jackson. Straight up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

not too much going on in the sawks forum buddy?  who you pulling for in the playoffs come october?

As for the slouch, he should have gotten his extension before week 2.  He will be in the NFC next year, as far away from Revis as he can get.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I would work a deal with the Chargers. The aging and apparently disgruntled Moss for the young and unhappy Jackson. Straight up!"

I'd have to give a big no on that one.  Are you aware that he has a pending suspension and would have to sit out the first 4 games if traded to a new team?? 

So you'd really want to trade Moss for a guy that will probably cost more to sign, doesn't know our system at all, and wouldn't even be available for the full season??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Moss is great, a sure HOFer.  However, I like this O with several very good options instead of superstuds.  The salary cap relief would allow us to sign a solid, move the chains RB plus draft 1 or 2 (hopefully both an every down back and a 3rd down K Faulk like guy).  I would take that over Moss, I am in the minority, but that is my preference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Moss is great, a sure HOFer.  However, I like this O with several very good options instead of superstuds.  The salary cap relief would allow us to sign a solid, move the chains RB plus draft 1 or 2 (hopefully both an every down back and a 3rd down K Faulk like guy).  I would take that over Moss, I am in the minority, but that is my preference.

You would take this over moss???? Moss is the reason everyone else thrives in our offense he commands double teams and takes the corner and safety over the top which opens up welker, edleman, tightends, and faulk underneath..... we need him and he is still the sickest deep threat in the league and leads the league in TDs nearly every season....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Moss and a potential extension:
    Moss is great, a sure HOFer.  However, I like this O with several very good options instead of superstuds.  The salary cap relief would allow us to sign a solid, move the chains RB plus draft 1 or 2 (hopefully both an every down back and a 3rd down K Faulk like guy).  I would take that over Moss, I am in the minority, but that is my preference. You would take this over moss???? Moss is the reason everyone else thrives in our offense he commands double teams and takes the corner and safety over the top which opens up welker, edleman, tightends, and faulk underneath..... we need him and he is still the sickest deep threat in the league and leads the league in TDs nearly every season....
    Posted by ccusson1122

Of the 3 Super Bowl wins for the Pats Moss wasn't involved with any of them. If his recent rant was an indication that his discontent is going to fester, I would certainly consider unloading him. His entire career is marked by periods of greatness and times when he is a class 1 malcontent. That is what I fear is coming over him now. I liked Vincent Jackson in college, he has established himself as a premier NFL receiver and if we could get him long term, I wouldn't hesitate. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

If I were Randy Moss, I'd put my head down and put up one of the best seasons I am capable of of...impress the boss.  The rest will take care of itself. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Well he has not been a part of a superbowl team here yet, but he did catch the pass to take the lead where our D should have finished it for us in 07-08 SB so I would sign him if I were in charge of the check book!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He got 3/27 after his 07 season when he was 30.

So I'd offer him 4/30 during the BYE week, if he turns it down then address it after the season.

Something where he gets an instant raise next year, like 9.5, then it goes down to 8, 7 and finally 5.5 when he is 37 years old.

Keep him here during the entire 4 year extension you gave Tom.

Sections
Shortcuts