Moss and the offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Re: Moss and the offseason

In Response to Re: Moss and the offseason:
    [QUOTE]Moss' "bad behavior" with the Pats was griping at a charity dinner and complaining that the Patriots didn't want him back.  Both are forgiveable.  Taking 2 guys to cover him on every play is worth it, even if we don't throw to him.  He simply can not play anywhere else any more.  It's the Pats or the dust bin.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're watching but Moss doesn't even draw double coverage 3/4's of the time anymore against decent to good corners. The DB's are extra physical with him, jam him at the line and most of the time he doesn't fight out of it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This is a difficult subject for many reasons. When I think of Randy, I like to think back to the 07, 08 and 09 seasons. He was ultra productive and seemed hungry. Something happened to him in 10, and not sure if it was contract related, or just old man time catching up with him.

Based on the way the Pats have gelled on offense, I don't think I would introduce Randy back into the equation. As some of said, this offense is now firing on all cylinders, and I don't know if Randy really adds anything we are missing. (because I'm not sure we are missing anything at all).

I like Tate in the 3rd/4th WR option right now. Sure he has missed some catchable balls, but he also has made some spectacular catches as well. He's still learning and will be better as time progresses. His ability for YAC is much more impressive than Moss, as we have turned into a YAC offense. We don't need that 60 yard bomb, quick score. We need and have methodical, down the field marches that chew up clock and confuse the heck out of defenses. We have that now, and it's working. Why mess with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

[QUOTE]Moss catches balls that are barely catchable. Tate drops balls that hit him inbetween the numbers. We'll compare that for starters. How many drops has Tate had this season?
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

because tate didnt have a great endzone and a couple of sideline catch(s)????!!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Moss catches balls that are barely catchable. Tate drops balls that hit him inbetween the numbers. We'll compare that for starters. How many drops has Tate had this season?

Im sorry did you not see Tate's full extension catch last week in Chicago, or his really impressive TD catch against New York the week before?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

For all the half the field Moss people. Revis was out the whole second half of the week 2 game. Cormartie covered him safety help or not. We lost the game in the second half chucking it deep to Moss. Now tell us how the jests were better week 13 with Revis " shut down corner " and Cormartie playing the whole game. If it's that week 13 that some of the other guys stepped up. Then you have to ask yourself this. Would they have progressed if Brady was looking mostly to Moss all year? Would you keep working to get open? The other players see the ball go over their head to Moss that had not broke away from coverage. It just sends a BAD message. If Moss took the coverage deep now that would only mean there is more help deep to stop YAC from turning into TD's

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

This is basically Tates first year & he's just off 2 knee injuries.....he was used MOSTLY as a return man in Carolina before getting introduced to the reciever position...Tate is extreemly fast & great open field runner, he does have good hands & is just trying too hard & making mistakes like trying to look upfield before securing the ball, VERY easily correctable rookie mistakes....with Welker & Branch to mentor him & Brady working more & more with him he'll be awesome in a year or 2 as he developes his timing & focus....give the guy a chance & same goes for Taylor Price...I LOVE that he is red shirting this year & learning the system as he practices, remember he missed most of training camp with the way his college graduation ceremonies went & how he wasn't allowed to attend till after...BOTH guys got tons of speed,talent & youth on their side....with Edelman also in the fold the Pats are set up fine for the future with Patriot type players...before Tate got injured he was expected to be a late 1st early second round pick.....MOSS is a thing of the past....he was awesome for a time but this offense has morphed into something that is not productive to the type of player Moss is...BE HAPPY with what we have, I know I am!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss fan here but if he doesn't return it's not going to break my Patriot heart.  I wouldn't mind seeing him back IF he can be a team player and accept a role on the field like all the other players have accepted and thats to win regardless if they get the ball or not.  The name of the game is winning!  Just win, baby!

If he can be that type of player then I wouldn't mind seeing him back.  Otherwise he can be with TO and Ocho for all I care.

With that said, I think he has learned a valuable lesson this season so his attitude might have changed.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with a top team next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Moss wants to break Rice's records....he needs to be in an offense that is Pass happy & likes to throw the long ball...I see him as a Charger next year....
    To again play for the Pats he'd have to be a role player like a redzone threat or  decoy...don't see him even being close to that type of teammate....I appriciate all he did & wish him the best in the future....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Moss wants to break Rice's records....he needs to be in an offense that is Pass happy & likes to throw the long ball...I see him as a Charger next year.... To again play for the Pats he'd have to be a role player like a redzone threat or  decoy...don't see him even being close to that type of teammate....I appriciate all he did & wish him the best in the future....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

If the Chargers like him, why didnt they pick him from the waiver wire. 

Face it. Moss either plays for NE or he retires. And I have a feeling he won't retire. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Murghkhor, he aint coming back and the sooner you get over that the better off you are!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss and the offseason : Moss would be replacing Tate in the system, not Branch. Tate is the one that's mostly going downfield at the moment. I just don't see any other team signing Moss but the Patriots, seriously. Already 31 teams passed on Moss on the waiver and his $3m remaining on his contract. Terrel Owens signed with the Bengals this year for only $2m (and $2m in incentives) and no other team wanted him. I think Moss could await a worse fate than Owens since atleast Owens didn't have motivational issues. I think Moss could very well be worth a $2m contract with incentives (remember we signed him for only $3m with incentives in 2007). Not only that but Moss could very well wanted to only come to NE and no other team. That's what happenend in 2008 when he hit the FA but all teams basically knew he was re-signing with NE and did a $9m per year 3yr deal in the end. I think Moss would want to come to NE at any price and I think NE would be happy to have him at a low-ball number, incentive heavy, with 1 yr deal so that it's easy to release him if they want to.

Well you can probably make that 32 teams cuz there is no way moss comes back 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I think BB and the Pats are done with Moss forever.  He showed himself to be a selfish child, not primarily focused on the team, a distraction and disruption to a group of highly motivated men who are working their a*es off to achieve greatness.  I don't think BB will forgive that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Moss wll never be a Patriot again. lets stopping worrying about this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Moss would have to render a "lessons learned" report stating how/why his playing in New England is the best thing for him...proove he understands the situation.  Next, he would have to accept his role on the team.  Finance would be last.  If all three of these bits came together, he'd be a great WR option.  Of course, this implies that he accepts his rolle on every down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I suggest they sign him to a low contract, give him four outstanding games, trade him to a desperate, willing team for a number 3 pick in the next draft, have him give a teary-eyed post-game about missing Tom, BB and the Pats, watch him get traded/cut by his new team, and lather-rinse-repeat, LOL.

Seriously, I was pro-Moss last year and earlier this year until I started reading about his drama.  He played injured all last year, dropped a few catchables, but still led the NFL in TDs for receivers. I liked respected that. But being poison in the locker room does not make his best playing worth it.

In addition, I think he has physically hit a wall. He skill is diminished.  He drops balls. He is afraid to fight for the ball or block. He wants the stats (and the ball thrown to him) too much.  I had heard from a Vikes' fan that Moss has a degenerative foot bone problem that will slow him, too, but that's just a rumor.

Tate drops balls, too, but he can lick that habit.  He's a pup.

Moss is an old dog.

Tate is a good return man.

Moss has one role - stretch the field.

Tate runs his routes full-speed.

Moss takes plays off.

And Moss has really been replaced by the combined threat of Tate.. and Gronk and Hernandez.  The Pats just don't need Moss.

But that doesn't mean that Tate is the answer.  With all their draft picks, if I were Tate I would be worried about job security.  He better start holding on to those passes and getting back to those nice returns! 

But hey, I was 100% wrong about Branch returning, and hsi effectiveness. BB will always surprise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]For all the half the field Moss people. Revis was out the whole second half of the week 2 game. Cormartie covered him safety help or not. We lost the game in the second half chucking it deep to Moss. Now tell us how the jests were better week 13 with Revis " shut down corner " and Cormartie playing the whole game. If it's that week 13 that some of the other guys stepped up. Then you have to ask yourself this. Would they have progressed if Brady was looking mostly to Moss all year? Would you keep working to get open? The other players see the ball go over their head to Moss that had not broke away from coverage. It just sends a BAD message. If Moss took the coverage deep now that would only mean there is more help deep to stop YAC from turning into TD's
    Posted by ohyes[/QUOTE]

Great point I had not considered.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB and the Pats are done with Moss forever.  He showed himself to be a selfish child, not primarily focused on the team, a distraction and disruption to a group of highly motivated men who are working their a*es off to achieve greatness.  I don't think BB will forgive that.       
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

Nor Kraft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

What do these people not understand about MOSS??? HE IS GONE, LET HIM GO!!!
    I'd take the 2007 moss any day of the week, but theres no guarantee. In 2007, he ran more than go routes, he ran slants and hitch routes. All he does now is go routes, does not go and fight for the ball when its up, yes he makes amazing catches from time to time but that doesnt even out. He hurts more than he helps, and believe me, i was a moss supporter till this season. Why are the pats so much better in the redzone without moss than with? Thats because moss's stretching the defense helps between the 20's. Once ur inside the 20, there is nothing more to stretch, then you actually are down 1 receiver because moss wont run or wont try hard, which ends up hurting in the red zone. I would rather have branch that way you have more reliable targets in the redzone, thats why the pats are dominating offensively right now.

MOss is gone, FORGET ABOUT HIM.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

if we were to win a superbowl moss would probably get a ring if he had the guts to accept it

Bob Kraft, Bill B and the Patriots org owe Randy Moss nothing. What ever transpired I dont know. I do know that if they somehow did give him a ring that would set a bad precedent. Can you imagine what the Vikqueens would say? Say he intentionally disrupted the team and helped the Patriots cheat their way to another ring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

moss is a CANCER and A LOSER. pats do not need his karma around! low maintenance has worked out. he's not going to have a personality transplant. maybe oakland will bring him bak or cincy or redskins. will follow path of TO. needs a loser to go to to pad his stats while losing 10 games in a row. tate right now is a better winner. no, i will not take moss over tate for this team at this time!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB and the Pats are done with Moss forever.  He showed himself to be a selfish child, not primarily focused on the team, a distraction and disruption to a group of highly motivated men who are working their a*es off to achieve greatness.  I don't think BB will forgive that.       
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

BB also repeatedly called Moss the smartest WR he ever coached. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Its ridiculous to even think about Moss II. Isn't our record since we dumped him evidence enough that we don't need him and his antics?

What about the reasons BB had for dumping him? Moss has proven he's incapable of change, so what would be the point of bringing him back with the same issues that were the reason he was dumped in the first place?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't believe they will do it.  He isn't worth the fuss, and was ho hum this year.  Scaring people isn't a wide receivers job, getting open to catch passes is.  I think we will take a wideout or 2 around maybe round 3 or 4.  But it's the patriots, who knows.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots' offense is playing better without him.

"Since Cleveland, the Patriots are averaging 425 yards of total offense per game. The 2007 team averaged 411.": http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1303004&format=text

Also, the Pats haven't turned the ball over since Cleveland.