Moss Fine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Moss Fine

Seems to me rather hilarious that a player can be fined in  any Sport for actually saying "nothing" Go Figure???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Moss Fine

If their contract says they have to talk to the media they can get fined. He is getting paid and not doing his job.

What would your boss do if you refused to answer the phone???

I bet he wouldn't fine you. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think they need to drop that from the CBA, if a player doesn't want to talk so be it, what happened to freedom of not speeching, 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

KP,

Like I said, think about it like answering the phone at your job. You have to do it, or you can go get a job without that as a responsibility. 

The first amendment has nothing to do with responsibilities. 

I don't think the NFL will drop that off the table because it is vital that the players represent the team. They are the product that Kraft (et al) sell. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I would think that if he didn't want to talk to the media he could get it written into his contract. Of course, I think the Vikings only assumed his NE contract, and he'll be a FA in March. A fine does seem excessive, though. Probably this wasn't his first offense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Moss Fine:
    [QUOTE]KP, Like I said, think about it like answering the phone at your job. You have to do it, or you can go get a job without that as a responsibility.  The first amendment has nothing to do with responsibilities.  I don't think the NFL will drop that off the table because it is vital that the players represent the team. They are the product that Kraft (et al) sell. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

In a way it makes sense, when I answer the phone I use my company name and my personal name and "how may I help you", but that's becuase we are talking to customers.

the media is not a customer.

But BB has tuaght them well in representing the team when talking to the media, as he displays when he talks to the media, telll them nothing they can feed off and talk in circles.

Moss learned his lesson on week one

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it is in the CBA Bub.

Ergo, he cannot have a contract that forgoes that. The NFLPA collectively bargained a contract that says all players need to be available after all games and after most practices.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

I also think it is common for players to leave if they are ill or something. But simply refusing to stay for four weeks in a row or something can draw a fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The media may not be a customer, KP, but television most certainly is the boss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

"you have the right to remain silent" where did this go?

This fine is laughable and ludicrous at the same time...

I can see if in his contract it says he has to talk to the media but why would that be in a contract?

Lastly, you don't hear certain guys all season, why aren't they fined? This thing is just stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I agree with the fine...should actually be more...All players need to be available for the Media & their fans...it's the least they can do for all the money they get...they are supposed role models & public figures...lead by example, & be aware that the Media is a machine that will try to spin anything you say to generate controversy & don't take it personal...journalists are at about the same distasteful level as lawyers for the most part, sad but so very true, very little integrity on either of their parts...
    It's exactly these reasons that players don't want to talk but it's just part of the system that they must understand & deal with or pay the fines...they do have a choice all beit a lousy one.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Randy only talks when he has an agenda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Fine : In a way it makes sense, when I answer the phone I use my company name and my personal name and "how may I help you", but that's becuase we are talking to customers. the media is not a customer. But BB has tuaght them well in representing the team when talking to the media, as he displays when he talks to the media, telll them nothing they can feed off and talk in circles. Moss learned his lesson on week one
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

KP,

The media isn't the customer. Neither is the phone company. The viewer is the customer, just like the person on the other line. 

For $8 million (or whatever he makes) a season, sticking around a half hour to answer some questions is very little to ask. 

Like Pedro said, if they ask him to clean the stadium he should do it. He is their employee. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]"you have the right to remain silent" where did this go? This fine is laughable and ludicrous at the same time... I can see if in his contract it says he has to talk to the media but why would that be in a contract? Lastly, you don't hear certain guys all season, why aren't they fined? This thing is just stupid.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Apparently Randy agrees with u.