Moss hurt Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Moss hurt Brady

Indirectly.....When trying to throw deep, the QB is relying on the blockers to keep the attackers at bay....in the case where Brady blew his knee out, Sammy Morris didn't quite do his job correctly.

But, if we didn't have Moss....Brady probably would not have been trying to throw a deep strike to Moss....and Brady would not have missed a whole season due to injury.

Then if that didn't happen....we wouldn't have had Cassell in there and would not have gotten KC's 2nd round pick.....

All that being said...I am glad Moss is gone and we can keep our QB more healthy......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Moss hurt Brady

so he's never going to throw deep ever again? you have to take a shot or two deep to keep the safety honest and to try open up the field both for running and passing underneath.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss hurt Brady:
    [QUOTE]so he's never going to throw deep ever again? you have to take a shot or two deep to keep the safety honest and to try open up the field both for running and passing underneath.
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

No, he isn't going to be tempted to throw deep as much as he was when Moss was in there.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

true no more need to placate the future HOFer, Tate will go deep when Brady decides for him to go deep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

M1024ussr-That has to be the stupidest thing that I have ever read in here!

Hey it's like saying if the Queen had balls she would be the King!Go back to your Dungeos and Dragons Forum.The men are discussing football.Thanks from everybody.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chikaitse. Show chikaitse's posts

Comments like these and articles like the one Eric Wilbur drove away Moss. I blame the media and people who support the idea that "Moss hurt Brady" the reason he left. You are never going to find another Randy Moss. Not only is he a great player but he is strong and reliable as shown by how few games he missed as a Patriot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

last monday nite....zero catches loafing on routes and plays not directed to him.
    and the Pats win 41-14.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Moss hurt Brady:
    [QUOTE]Indirectly.....When trying to throw deep, the QB is relying on the blockers to keep the attackers at bay....in the case where Brady blew his knee out, Sammy Morris didn't quite do his job correctly. But, if we didn't have Moss....Brady probably would not have been trying to throw a deep strike to Moss....and Brady would not have missed a whole season due to injury. Then if that didn't happen....we wouldn't have had Cassell in there and would not have gotten KC's 2nd round pick..... All that being said...I am glad Moss is gone and we can keep our QB more healthy......
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

m1024..... what a ridiculous post. you should have never left the womb. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Comments like these and articles like the one Eric Wilbur drove away Moss. I blame the media and people who support the idea that "Moss hurt Brady" the reason he left. You are never going to find another Randy Moss. Not only is he a great player but he is strong and reliable as shown by how few games he missed as a Patriot.
    Posted by chikaitse[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the sentiment, chikaitse, because NO ONE loves Randy Moss more than I. But another poster posted this Cold Hard Football Facts link...after reading it, it's pretty doggone hard to conclude that Moss did not hurt Brady in recent times.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/10/15/gotw.ravens.patriots/index.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Indirectly.....When trying to throw deep, the QB is relying on the blockers to keep the attackers at bay....in the case where Brady blew his knee out, Sammy Morris didn't quite do his job correctly. But, if we didn't have Moss....Brady probably would not have been trying to throw a deep strike to Moss....and Brady would not have missed a whole season due to injury. Then if that didn't happen....we wouldn't have had Cassell in there and would not have gotten KC's 2nd round pick..... All that being said...I am glad Moss is gone and we can keep our QB more healthy......

I've read some ridiculous posts in my time--The winner being Mr. Call me Ray--but this has to be the stupidest thing ever posted on this site. How do you even know if Brady was looking for Moss deep on that play? What if none of his WRs were open and thus made Brady wait until Moss could work his way open? Wow! Step trying to vilify Moss, he's gone, he did nothing wrong. He forced the Patriots' hand by talking to the media about his desire to get a new contract and the Pats don't like that. Move on and cheer for your new dream WR in Branch. I'll hope Price and Tate can develop fast enough to help with the offense. 

And your post made no sense because in Moss "hurting" Brady, we got Chung. =/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss hurt Brady : I appreciate the sentiment, chikaitse, because NO ONE loves Randy Moss more than I. But another poster posted this Cold Hard Football Facts link...after reading it, it's pretty doggone hard to conclude that Moss did not hurt Brady in recent times. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/10/15/gotw.ravens.patriots/index.html
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
    Of course, this guy is a patriots homer, so like the other pats fans here, why not slant the arguement to:  Moss is the issue. 

Or maybe the guy was just drunk.  He is (or was) a food and beverage writer for the Boston Herald. 

I don't begrudge the guy his success.  He found the easy dupe in the Boston fan.  Clearly, the chowds eat his sh*t up (pun intended). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Here is a quote I found that was VERY interesting and another reason why we were better off trading Moss.

"Additionally, Brady has thrown a meager 23 picks since 2007. But 14 of those INTs came when targeting Moss. In 2007, four of his eight picks (50 percent) came throwing to Moss; in 2009, 8 of 13 picks (61.5 percent) came throwing to Moss; in the first four games of 2010, both of his picks came when throwing to Moss."

Anyone see a trend?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

An interesting posit but a bit of a stretch I think.  Injuries are part of the game and so is throwing it down town now and then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I see your point but come on bro, all QBs have to throw deep to keep defenses honest. When you happen to throw deep, and your line doesn't block properly, the QB will get hit. The chances of a good QB getting hurt significantly like Brady did are very, very slim. They get beat up, battered, bruised, but catastrophic knee injuries are rare for QBs. Just because he happened to be throwing deep to Moss on that play doesn't mean it was Moss' fault. The linemen get paid to block too, right? I wouldn't exactly put Kansas City's 2008 pass rush at stellar either.

It was that perfect blend of failed execution.

In reverse, perhaps it was a good thing. I think Brady taking that year off really renewed his love for the game, which he repeatedly stated before last season. If he was getting complacent or taking the game for granted, that year away from his teammates really put things in perspective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Moss is an a**hole for a lot of reasons but this isn't one of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Come on now, go back to 2007 how many of the balls that Brady threw long into the end zone would have been TD's with anyone except Moss. I can tell you now it's alot, he throws good balls but some of them were not perfect, the one that comes to mind for me is the TD against Miami in 07 not sure which game. Moss made one of the greatest catches i've ever seen with 2 defenders around him the commentator said he did it as easy "as opening a can of soda pop". Risk reward guys in 07 it was reward in 09 there were less rewards. We're guna have a great offense this year even without Moss but please don't undermine the man if he played with QB's with Steve Young and Joe Montana his whole career he'd be the best ever WR instead he played with one hall of fame QB and brought him with in one quarter of being unquestionably the greatest QB of all time. I'm glad Moss came here and did what he did, injuries happen Brady knows that, Morris didn't even miss the block, he got Pollard done and he dived at Brady's lower leg. Blame Pollard and not Moss!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is a bigger stretch than stuffing Rex Ryan into Kate Moss's spandex tights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]Comments like these and articles like the one Eric Wilbur drove away Moss. I blame the media and people who support the idea that "Moss hurt Brady" the reason he left. You are never going to find another Randy Moss. Not only is he a great player but he is strong and reliable as shown by how few games he missed as a Patriot.
    Posted by chikaitse[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should have taken games off isntead of plays....he was more of a liability than a help....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Moss hurt Brady : I've read some ridiculous posts in my time--The winner being Mr. Call me Ray--but this has to be the stupidest thing ever posted on this site. How do you even know if Brady was looking for Moss deep on that play? What if none of his WRs were open and thus made Brady wait until Moss could work his way open? Wow! Step trying to vilify Moss, he's gone, he did nothing wrong. He forced the Patriots' hand by talking to the media about his desire to get a new contract and the Pats don't like that. Move on and cheer for your new dream WR in Branch. I'll hope Price and Tate can develop fast enough to help with the offense.  And your post made no sense because in Moss "hurting" Brady, we got Chung. =/
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Duh, because he THREW IT TO HIM!  Wow, where do you people come from?

Actually my post was a rebuttal to my post.....and we did get Chung because of Cassell.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Moss was great for Brady, the Patriots & their fans....unfortunatly Moss is a fragile ego that needs to be stroked even if it isn't what's best for the team because he is a selfish man....Bill being Bill understands this & made the call that many others would be afraid to do. The TEAM is headed in a different direction & that didn't include Randy & his desires so they amicably split ways with both getting what they needed from each other at the same time....
    You can't expect only good things from someone without accepting the bad that comes with it...it's ok as long as the good out weighs the bad & that was no longer going to be the case..kudos to BB for being smart enough to recognize this & do the unpopular thing because I have no doubt it was exactly what needed to be done....I really look forward to watching this offense develop a beautiful chemistry that will be even harder to defend against if moss was still here

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE] But, if we didn't have Moss....Brady probably would not have been trying to throw a deep strike to Moss....and Brady would not have missed a whole season due to injury. Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

what if Drew Bledsoe never got injured?

what they hell? quit psycho analyzing everything. those were the cards the patriots played with and they lost that hand when TB got hurt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss hurt Brady : Of course, this guy is a patriots homer, so like the other pats fans here, why not slant the arguement to:  Moss is the issue.  Or maybe the guy was just drunk.  He is (or was) a food and beverage writer for the Boston Herald.  I don't begrudge the guy his success.  He found the easy dupe in the Boston fan.  Clearly, the chowds eat his sh*t up (pun intended). 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Why are you still here????????????????????????????????????????????????????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss hurt Brady : LOL! How true. BTW, LOVE the avatar with the Patriots and Argonauts - put the Titans and the Alouettes in and it will be even better. 
    Posted by STP43FAN[/QUOTE]

The way the Argos are playing tonight, you might just be able to convince me to switch to the Alouettes. . . the Titans, though, are a bit harder sell . . . I like the Pats so much, I've kept my season tickets even though I've moved to Canada and have to fly back to see the games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss hurt Brady : Duh, because he THREW IT TO HIM!  Wow, where do you people come from? Actually my post was a rebuttal to my post.....and we did get Chung because of Cassell.....

That doesn't mean anything. All that means is that Moss got open. And we got Chung because Brady got hurt because of Randy Moss, according to you, that gave Cassel a chance at starting. 

So if Moss hadn't injured Brady, Brady would have been our starting QB, not Cassel. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Yes, and no.  The deep threat is a low percentage-type pass. It can be a game changing play that can go for you when completed, but can be disastrous if intercepted.

The benefit of having Moss on the field - even when you don't pass to him - is that because he is oftentimes double and triple covered - it means that some other person will likely have one-on-one coverage or be open.

The bad  part of having Moss on the field is that Brady sometimes got too greedy and didn't hit the open man. Was that Moss' fault or Brady's fault?