MOSS speaks truth to JAMBRONIS: "I am the GREATEST receiver ever!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: MOSS speaks truth to JAMBRONIS:

Moss is to receivers as Jimi Hendrix is to guitar players.

They could do just about anything the rest of them could do with relative ease. But not a damned one of them could do the supernatural things they could do. The rest were great, but alas, merely human.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I would take a healthy/motivated Moss over Jerry Rice, but the problem for Moss is that there were some seasons where he wasn't healthy and motivated.  Even from a statistics perspective he should have been the greatest of all time running away.  To me the fact that he isn't and that we have to actually have this conversation at the end of his career sort of speaks to some of the potential he left on the table.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rice was better... period.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I would take a healthy/motivated Moss over Jerry Rice, but the problem for Moss is that there were some seasons where he wasn't healthy and motivated.  Even from a statistics perspective he should have been the greatest of all time running away.  To me the fact that he isn't and that we have to actually have this conversation at the end of his career sort of speaks to some of the potential he left on the table.

Well said, agreed. His last season in Minny (first stint), rotting for two years in Oakland and anything after NE certainly diminished his chances at being remembered as the best all time. Playing alongside a HOF'er his first few years hurt his stats too. I would have loved to see Randy playing in Bill Walsh's offense with Montana though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

not even close! Rice head and shoulders above the rest. This is a really, really stupid thing to say also which reminded me of the Rickey Henderson speech where he said he "was the greatest ever". I appreciated what he did here but Randy always has been and always will be a head case. I am rooting for him though in this game!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I loved Moss when he was here....he was electric, and a lot of fun to watch.

BUT.........

As good as he was, and as talented as he was.....he just isn't in the same league as Jerry Rice......and never will be. There was never any controversy with Rice, no BS, no anything.....just him dominating.

Just look at the numbers...they don't lie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I know Moss didn't like to run across the middle, but nobody in the history of the NFL was a better deep threat. Remember Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him. Moss never had a QB of that caliber until 2007.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rice also never shut it down for a play nevermind a whole season... even when he played for the Raiders.  

This isn't even an argument, Randy Moss has to tell us that he's the best, Rice doesn't have to say a word.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Rice also never shut it down for a play nevermind a whole season... even when he played for the Raiders.  

This isn't even an argument, Randy Moss has to tell us that he's the best, Rice doesn't have to say a word.

+100

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Moss is to receivers as Jimi Hendrix is to guitar players.

I love Jimi, but Moss is more in the grain of the Beach Boys guitar player. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts