Moss starting for 9ers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Moss starting for 9ers.

Some think Randy is all washed up. But he isn't washed up enough to stop him from winning a starting job on one of the most highly regarded teams in the NFL. This should be interesting.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Moss starting for 9ers.

Of course he is starting.  Could you imagine had the Patriots signed Moss last season instead of Ocho, it would have been SuperBowl Victory!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Honestly, for how long does he play, more of a decoy role than anything else, before he starts to express his unhappiness? Sure the guy can stil run, but he is nothing but a way to spread out the offense and free up room for their real weapons.

Moss could have stayed around in NE, but he has proven that no matter where he is and no matter how good things seemed for him at first. He always finds a way to make the situation worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Honestly, for how long does he play, more of a decoy role than anything else, before he starts to express his unhappiness? Sure the guy can stil run, but he is nothing but a way to spread out the offense and free up room for their real weapons.

Moss could have stayed around in NE, but he has proven that no matter where he is and no matter how good things seemed for him at first. He always finds a way to make the situation worse.

I always find it humerous that Mankins goes public calling Kraft a liar and Moss simply states he wants to stay in NE and he is a cancer but Mankins is welcomed back with open arms.

Frankly I suspct racism has something to do with it.

As I said, Moss won a starting job on a good team when people said he was through. We'll see what comes of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Crabtree is the other starting WR and he'd be a 5th receiver on this team. Honestly the 49ers have one of the worst WR cores in all of the NFL so Moss being the #2 WR on the worst WR core in the NFL isn't saying much.

Who did he really have to beat out? Manningham who wasn't a full time starter in NY, Ginn who wouldn't even be in the league if he couldn't return kicks, Williams who has less yards in his career then Brady has in a single game?

Yep he beat out some real tough competition for that starting role

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I always find it humerous that Mankins goes public calling Kraft a liar and Moss simply states he wants to stay in NE and he is a cancer but Mankins is welcomed back with open arms.

As I said, Moss won a starting job on a good team when people said he was through. We'll see what comes of it.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that you swallow your pride over what Mankins' said since he's 28 yr old in his prime and the best in business at his position, while you won't put  up with Moss' shenanigans since his production has dropped, his drama is causing Brady to target him more unnecessarily causing interceptions, and he's on the end of his career and unlikely to improve from here. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

And Randy has a good attitude, he's a true team player... it's not like he's worn out his welcome with any other teams / has a track record as a malcontent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

WTH does race have anything to do with it? Brady became locked onto Moss and was throwing it to him to often. Moss had an affect on this because we saw him in game upset and speaking to Brady on the sidelines making signs that suggested he was calling for the ball or was open and Brady should have thrown it to him. His last year here he was still on the team after preseason but was clearly unhappy without an extension and it became visible at the press conferences that he was upset he wasn't getting the ball.

There are multiple reports about the plane incident coming back from Miami in which Moss refused to speak with anyone including BB. Clearly at that point Moss was becoming an issue on this team. There were also reports that he treated non-player and non-coaching personal horribly and that showed up in Minn as well yelling at a cafe worker about fries. I know 1 thing about Kraft it's that he treats all his employees with great respect no matter their position and expects them to do the same for their fellow co-workers no matter if they are serving fries or QBing the team

Mankins was entering his prime while Moss was clearly on the downside and was having increasingly more difficult time getting open or even running non go routes. The writing on the wall was clear that Moss needed to go.

But if you think it was a race thing then how do you explain Vrable who was traded for having similar dissatisfaction over his contract? Last time I checked Vrable is almost as white as I am.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In his final game as Patriot Moss got into a shoving match with O'Brien at halftime in Dolphin stadium, they had to be separated by other players... Moss doesn't like being a decoy, Moss gone.

We didn't let Moss go because he wasn't still talented enough to still play, we let him go because it was all about Randy and he didn't like OBie's strategy.  He was still averaging one TD a game so he should have shut his mouth and played, say what you want about him but at least Welker is doing all the right things and not making waves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

C'mon Babe...Racism has something to do with it? Personally I don't see that. There are a lot of differences between Mankins and Moss situation, most of which have been highlighted here. Its low of you to pull out the race card in this situation with no evidence at all. 

As PatsEng said, yeah he might still have something left to give, but in all honesty, the 49'ers WR depth is nothing to write home about. We'll see what Moss has left when the 49'ers come to town. I'm interested in seeing how BB defends him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'm definitely watching this game...  Moss is a freak of football talent.  Only a numbnuts like O'Brien couldn't figure out a play that could utilize this talent . Of course the undercurrent of the contract year just made the situation worse...

Eerily similar to ocho being useless to O'Brien as well ... Could be that the OC Obie likes to ruin high profile black receivrs by making them irrelevant to his offense...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nothing like starting an agenda driven discussion to evoke reaction. Throw out the word "racism" just to really stir the pot. Good troll work, well done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I'm definitely watching this game...  Moss is a freak of football talent.  Only a numbnuts like O'Brien couldn't figure out a play that could utilize this talent . Of course the undercurrent of the contract year just made the situation worse...

Eerily similar to ocho being useless to O'Brien as well ... Could be that the OC Obie likes to ruin high profile black receivrs by making them irrelevant to his offense...?

Yes because Ocho is doing wonderous things down in Mia and Moss really tore it up so much in Minn then Tenn that teams were falling over themselves to sign him in 10' and the 49ers had so little concern over Moss that they gave him a well below starting salary 1 yr contract with zero guaranteed funds. They must have blown Moss away with that $2.5mil non guaranteed contract that no other team could have possible matched it to get his freakish talent that must have been underutilized by our last O cord.

People stop living in the past. Are your blinders that thick to see the signs of what the league actually thinks of his abilities at this point in his career? The only reason he's starting is because the 49ers WR core is so bad they have no other choice.

I'll bet that he starts off hot and we'll get one of these posts every week but by the time Halloween comes around he'll have cooled off if not cut from the team for yelling at Smith for not getting him the ball more often

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Of course he is.  Their receivers suck.  Babe I really don't understand your views on Moss.  To the extent you criticize BB the GM you have always said he is the best in the business when it comes to letting guys go.  He let Moss go and hasn't brought him back despite Randy's professed love for NE.  That ship has sailed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I also understood that at a Patriots' charitable event (lunch) where people pay to sit and talk with the players for a period of time Moss sat off to the side the whole time and did not interact with the fan who had chosen him.  He sat with his headphones on the whole time (maybe John Henry gave them to him?).  This was for the Myra Kraft foundation and she was alive at the time.  I can imagine that Myra lit bob up about that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

I also understood that at a Patriots' charitable event (lunch) where people pay to sit and talk with the players for a period of time Moss sat off to the side the whole time and did not interact with the fan who had chosen him.  He sat with his headphones on the whole time (maybe John Henry gave them to him?).  This was for the Myra Kraft foundation and she was alive at the time.  I can imagine that Myra lit bob up about that

It's actually one of Myra's and Bob's favorite events all year too. I read articles before the incident that Mrya and Bob looked forward to this event all year and that he was so happy that the players were willing to join in for a good cause

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Moss is a flaky guy with a bit of a me-first attitude.  If he could have kept himself in check and 1) accepted that the offense had evolved and 2) that he wasn't the primary focus anymore, I am sure he would still have been productive in NE to the tune of 50-60 catches and 500-600 yds (easily) . 

But guys like Moss can't accept that he wasn't the focal point.  And he wanted to be paid going forward on past performance rather than his current role in the offense. 

Good luck to Randy.  I don't doubt he'll put up decent numbers in S.F.  He was for the most part likeable when he was here except toward the end.  I'm glad we got some pretty good yars out of him, and he was fun to watch.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

PatsEng, understood moss had an attitude at the end for many reasons. He should have kept his mouth shut but he was here for3 years and he produced. O'Brien had no clue how to use him. He was in a contract year. The writing was on the wall...

That is why this year is so intriguing... He had a training camp to learn their system (unlike min or ten.)and he has something to prove . Again.

Jerry rice played into his 40s. As far as i know moss never had any major injuries that would definitely have slowed him down. Because of his high profile personality he just needed the right situation to succeed.

This might be it. I'm watching to see if Alex Smith can get him the ball and if he can keep his pie hole shut. This probably is his last chance .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In reposne to BabeParilli 

Babe, I am not sure I buy that. Based on all his signings and cuts  whether they pan out or are mistakes do you honestly believe he uses any other criteria other than what he thinks will help him win?

I didn't say the racism was coming from the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In his final game as Patriot Moss got into a shoving match with O'Brien at halftime in Dolphin stadium, they had to be separated by other players... Moss doesn't like being a decoy, Moss gone.

We didn't let Moss go because he wasn't still talented enough to still play, we let him go because it was all about Randy and he didn't like OBie's strategy.  He was still averaging one TD a game so he should have shut his mouth and played, say what you want about him but at least Welker is doing all the right things and not making waves.

Yes exactly. He put himself ahead of the team and that wont work here. When he went to the Vikings he was a cancer there and then to the Titans where he behaved well but stunk. I think that Brady was getting tired of his act here as well.  Being a starter for the 49ers doesn't mean very much, they  have the worst  recievers in the league. He may still be decent as a reciever but his attitude wont cut it with the Patriots, he was becoming a cancer. At this point Lloyd is a much better reciever than Moss. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Nothing like starting an agenda driven discussion to evoke reaction. Throw out the word "racism" just to really stir the pot. Good troll work, well done.

So much for you being willing to bury the hatchet. No surprise really.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

Yeah. That's almost as bad as telling the press Kraft basically has no honor, right?

Sections
Shortcuts