Moss starting for 9ers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Moss starting for 9ers.

In response to jri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ok I'll bite what is the impetus for the statement?

[/QUOTE]

I suspect some fans would go a little easier on Randy if he was white.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This has nothing to do with racism lol...  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Of course he is starting.  Could you imagine had the Patriots signed Moss last season instead of Ocho, it would have been SuperBowl Victory!!!!

Moss, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are a very scary group of names for a defense to contend with.

BB blew it with Randy IMO. The guy was practically begging to be back in the family.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. If you look recently at the fan popularity of the Pat's players I don't think you could find anyone besides Brady more popular than Troy Brown.

[/QUOTE]

Bruschi?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

racists are about the lowest forms of human life that there is, I don't think anyone in the Patriots organization is racist nor do I think racism has anything to do with Moss being traded. 

He became an individual, not caring about the team, thinking of himself first.  That wont cut it on this team or with Brady and Belichick. He clearly wasn't as good as he was in 2007 either. I liked Moss but could see him becoming disruptive. The press conf after the Bengals game was bizarre, then a couple of weeks later he has a shoving match with the O.C. infront of the team,  of course he's gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

racists are about the lowest forms of human life that there is, I don't think anyone in the Patriots organization is racist nor do I think racism has anything to do with Moss being traded. 

He became an individual, not caring about the team, thinking of himself first.  That wont cut it on this team or with Brady and Belichick. He clearly wasn't as good as he was in 2007 either. I liked Moss but could see him becoming disruptive. The press conf after the Bengals game was bizarre, then a couple of weeks later he has a shoving match with the O.C. infront of the team,  of course he's gone.

Well, I didn't say racism was a reason for his being traded.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

One of the Worst Offenses in the NFL. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. If you look recently at the fan popularity of the Pat's players I don't think you could find anyone besides Brady more popular than Troy Brown.

[/QUOTE]

Bruschi?

[/QUOTE]

I would submit that Brown is equally as popular as Bruschi. Perhaps it is just my perception and  I could be wrong but I think once Randi found out he wasn't getting another long term deal he checked out mentally.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, Brown is very popular. Some might say that a black man keeping his mouth shut and knowing his place and for the sake of those qualities being liked does not prove a lack of racism.

I really don't want to turn this into a racism discussion. It isn't provavble either way and it is just an opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

They scored the 11th most points in 2011.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:

Well, I didn't say racism was a reason for his being traded.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i know,   it was too bad the way things worked out but it was time to move on.   once moss left he realized that he had a great thing going with the patriots. when he came into the league he was unstoppable, really fun to watch.. he gave the patriots a couple of great years too. i hope he does well in SF, just not against us. he will be well recieved by the fans here when they play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of their points probably came against the teams in their own horrible Devision.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of their points probably came against the teams in their own horrible Devision.

[/QUOTE]

Other than the Rams, the NFC West was pretty much as good as the AFC East.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

Their passing offense was terrible.  In a season where 3 QB's threw for over 5000 yards their QB threw for barely over 3000.  He had ZERO 300+ yard games.  Their leading receiver had less than 900 yards and their number 2 WR caught 20 balls for 231 yards.  The fact that they think the most athletically gifted receiver in NFL history might be able to top that does not mean that he is going to set the league on fire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

This  thread is impossible to read with all the response to, stuff.  Just click new post and address the person... Yikes.

How many teams in the league have two white guys as their leading receivrs...? And a white guy returning punts?  Just saying ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

"How many teams in the league have two white guys as their leading receivrs...?"

Are you high?  Those two white guys are two of the best players in the NFL.  Gronk is imo the best TE in the NFL.  You might have a point if those guys weren't any good, but this is just ridiculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And Edelman had the 2nd highest punt return average in the NFL in 2010.  I wonder why they went with him last year...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

And a white guy for 3rd down back, and 2 veteran black guys cut at receiver, and a black guy no-show at guard ?

hmmmmmm...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You are just trolling now or at least I hope you are, but I'll bite.  Woodhead is the only white RB on the roster and if Vereen was healthy he would have been just as much of a 3rd down back.  I guess you also forgot that other veteran black guy they kept at WR.   I mean christ practically the entire defense is black.  Are you insane?  What about all of the white guys that didn't make it through camp?  So I ask once again.  Are you high?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Their passing offense was terrible.  In a season where 3 QB's threw for over 5000 yards their QB threw for barely over 3000.  He had ZERO 300+ yard games.  Their leading receiver had less than 900 yards and their number 2 WR caught 20 balls for 231 yards.  The fact that they think the most athletically gifted receiver in NFL history might be able to top that does not mean that he is going to set the league on fire.

They threw the 2nd fewest times in the league. Of course their totals are lower. But they had the 8th best passer rating. The passing game had quality if not quantity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

well if belichick wanted him here he would be here right now. i will go with what belichick thinks on this one. it's safe to say that he would know more as to if  we would be better with or without moss at this point. A lot of people questioned belichick when he decided to go with brady over bledsoe or when he cut milloy. if bb doesn't think that moss would be a good fit then it probably isn't a good fit. theres probably more to the situation leading to the trade that we don't know about too.  Go Patriots!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

"They threw the 2nd fewest times in the league. Of course their totals are lower. But they had the 8th best passer rating. The passing game had quality if not quantity."

Don't you think the decision of the 49ers not to throw the ball more is also a reflection of the fact that they realized the limitations of their passing game?  In addition even if I grant you the "quality" argument with no caveats it doesn't change the fact that they got very little production out of the 2nd WR spot.  Branch who most people wouldn't consider an elite 2nd receiver anymore and who had to compete against 2 pass catching TE (versus just one in SF) still accounted for 13.4% of the team's receiving yards. The 49ers 2nd WR only accounted for 7.7% of the team's receiving yards.  Their WR corps last year was bad.  Moss making the starting lineup in San Fran is not evidence of much imo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

not high , just asking a question .  The black guy they  kept at receiver might get less snaps than the white guy they just signed.  Its just different  than most other teams at those positions .  Iwas just wondering if any other team could come close.  Not that it matters since I agree that we're  talking about good players. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

you leave the door open and look what oozes through it

Sections
Shortcuts