Moss starting to tank it, again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Moss starting to tank it, again

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/randy-moss-fails-to-meet-with-the-media-after-sundays-loss/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Moss starting to tank it, again

What does not meeting with the media have to do with tanking? The majority of the media are pond scum anyway.  The Titans haven't fallen apart because Moss is there and ten Mosses aren't going to save them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

This was in the Media Article:
    While watching Sunday’s early games at 30 Rock, I noticed a play from the Titans-Texans game in which Tennessee receiver Randy Moss develops a full-body case of alligator arms, failing to make any effort to nab a catchable pass in the end zone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again:
    This was in the Media Article: While watching Sunday’s early games at 30 Rock, I noticed a play from the Titans-Texans game in which Tennessee receiver Randy Moss develops a full-body case of alligator arms, failing to make any effort to nab a catchable pass in the end zone.
    Posted by PerryM

just for the record......while Moss showed little effort in attempting to catch that pass....it also sailed over his head by a good 6 to 8 feet.  NOT CATCHABLE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This was in the Media Article: While watching Sunday’s early games at 30 Rock, I noticed a play from the Titans-Texans game in which Tennessee receiver Randy Moss develops a full-body case of alligator arms, failing to make any effort to nab a catchable pass in the end zone.
    Posted by PerryM

That's different from not talking to the media. Moss can be depended on to reduce his effort if the team he's on is dysfunctional. Really I don't see why people are so surprised at that. I won't give 100% if the company I worked for was run by idiots who constantly screwed things up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again : That's different from not talking to the media. Moss can be depended on to reduce his effort if the team he's on is dysfunctional.
    Posted by Evil2010

just about sums it up right there, when Moss said "I play when I want to play" he was being totally honest....still baffled why people get surprised by this.  You can take it or leave it, but Moss is who he is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This just says a lot about our own organization. What other team would trade a guy who just broke the receiving TD record for a season without a second thought and go on to have the best record in the league at this point?

We don't make many bad decisions!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, he is pulling up in Tenn.

If he were playing for something he might be trying harder... but that is Moss.

Plus he lost a step last season. The Moss of 2007 could mail it in and still dominate. This one doesn't get it that he now has to (gosh) pay attention to detail and finish his routes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again : just about sums it up right there, when Moss said "I play when I want to play" he was being totally honest....still baffled why people get surprised by this.  You can take it or leave it, but Moss is who he is
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Who would have thought the Titans were going to try to beat out the Vikings for wacky QB problems this season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

What does not meeting with the media have to do with tanking? The majority of the media are pond scum anyway.  The Titans haven't fallen apart because Moss is there and ten Mosses aren't going to save them.
    Posted by Evil2010

I agree with you. 

The media to Randy Moss is like a drug. The best thing for him and the team is to stay away from it as much as possible and just focus on his game. Unfortunately it's part of their contract to meet with the media. He can't win either way I guess. It's a big step for Randy to keep his mouth shut. It's darn near impossible for him to do that but he's made progress.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He's playing it smart without doing any talking plus he warned everyone he would do this while he was still with the Vikings.  And really, what is he going to say at this point?  Not much positive that can be said about the Titans right now so it's best he just keeps quiet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

He's playing it smart without doing any talking plus he warned everyone he would do this while he was still with the Vikings.  And really, what is he going to say at this point?  Not much positive that can be said about the Titans right now so it's best he just keeps quiet.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

The reality is that the implosions of the Vikes and Titans have had nothing to do with him. Farve's season long soap opera and crappy play is entirely his own doing and Moss barely had a bit part in Childress's saga. Young has always been a flake and jaxpat is right Moss isn't 10 feet tall. Not wanting to go up and get flattened when you know the ball is way beyond your reach isn't dogging it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I keep checking the Titans forum hoping Moss has another outburst and they let him go.  Would love to see Moss back with the Pats in a much more humble team first attitude at playoff time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't know about that. I thought I read reports Moss went to the Vikings owner to get Childress fired? Moss certainly didn't give the vikes the boost they wanted so I would think the failed move (which is only partly Moss' fault if he didn't keep up his side of the bargain) is partly his fault. 

It is ESPN so take it with a grain of salt.

In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again : The reality is that the implosions of the Vikes and Titans have had nothing to do with him. Farve's season long soap opera and crappy play is entirely his own doing and Moss barely had a bit part in Childress's saga. Young has always been a flake and jaxpat is right Moss isn't 10 feet tall. Not wanting to go up and get flattened when you know the ball is way beyond your reach isn't dogging it.
    Posted by Evil2010

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It hurts my head that anyone would even think that. Why would you want back Moss?!? What has he done this year to even think he can help out any team? 

And the idea of Moss having a sudden attitude transformation upon becoming a patriot again is silly. This guy asked to be traded from the Pats and thought Minny was a better destination. 

Also, the team and Brady are better off without having to hold Randy's hand when he has a temper tantrum. You also won't hear reports of any Patriot WR tanking second halves of big games. These things matter. I know it's tough to NOT romanticize Moss based on 2007, but that isn't happening this year or next for that matter.

I keep checking the Titans forum hoping Moss has another outburst and they let him go.  Would love to see Moss back with the Pats in a much more humble team first attitude at playoff time.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I don't know about that. I thought I read reports Moss went to the Vikings owner to get Childress fired? Moss certainly didn't give the vikes the boost they wanted so I would think the failed move (which is only partly Moss' fault if he didn't keep up his side of the bargain) is partly his fault.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5768760 It is ESPN so take it with a grain of salt. In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

ESPN is the TMZ of sports. If there isn't a controversy to report they just make one up. Certainly the trade for and then release of Moss didn't do Chilly's reputation any good but the whole Vikes problem came down to who runs the team Chilly or Farve. Chilly was gutless and Farve is a prima dona. The same thing is happening with the Miami Heat. The new 'big 3' ( especially James ) are so full of themselves no one wants to pass the ball. So instead of swallowing his ego and being the point guard James throws it all on the coach. The Celtic's big 3 works because they're about winning and team not personal glory and stats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree but the worst thing the vikes could've done is to add another prima donna to the mix. The act of a desperate coach I guess.

In Response to Re: Moss starting to tank it, again : ESPN is the TMZ of sports. If there isn't a controversy to report they just make one up. Certainly the trade for and then release of Moss didn't do Chilly's reputation any good but the whole Vikes problem came down to who runs the team Chilly or Farve. Chilly was gutless and Farve is a prima dona. The same thing is happening with the Miami Heat. The new 'big 3' ( especially James ) are so full of themselves no one wants to pass the ball. So instead of swallowing his ego and being the point guard James throws it all on the coach. The Celtic's big 3 works because they're about winning and team not personal glory and stats.
    Posted by Evil2010

Sections
Shortcuts