Moss tells it like it is..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: Moss tells it like it is..

Lets just cut the BS , people around here never liked Randy. Seriously its a joke , the media , and loser fanboys who think "12/BB , what can go wrong" , have never liked him for the stupidest of reasons. Everytime he fails to put up 150/2TD's its "where was Moss today" , "Moss has been dogging it" , "Moss just isnt my type of guy". I really cant stand all these "know nothing" morons who love killing 81 because he spoke THE TRUTH. Maybe you dont like the fact that he said it , but was he wrong? No he was dead on , the PATS dont pay players and theres plenty of examples to back that up. Your a moron if you wanna use his last contract w/ the PATS as an example , what were they gonna do let him go after he re-wrote the record books. This guy has been absolutely great here , doing everything and more that was asked of him. He has been our ONLY real scoring threat in 3 years. I know nobody wants to hear that , but he is the whole O , the PATS have done a terrible job building the O. The only way we put up 6 is through him , listen Welker was a very good player , but teams GAVE him underneath all day. Your just foolish or kidding yourself if you dont see that , WW couldnt stretch the field at all and couldnt put up 6 to save his life. I love him and want him on my team , but we relied on him(and 81 for that matter) way to much! We had absolutely no respectable running game , no tight end , and no other option at receiver. Again Moss is our only real , consistant scoring threat , he is always double teamed and always gets the opposing teams best defenders. Seriously this amazes me , hes done a very good job of blocking on both run/pass plays , cleared out tons of space for guys like Welk to do their thing , and has just put up crazy numbers...over 250 rec's/3700 yards/47 TD's. LOL and people cant wait to pack his bags and drive him to Logan , because "hes not there type of guy". And I read someone on here talking about how hes on the downside on his career , no doubt hes a old reveiver , but this isnt just another wideout...not at all. If 12 doesnt over/under throw him pretty much the whole year , but mostly in the first 5/6 games Moss has 18-19 TD's. He still had a very good year , I mean I never heard so much BS talked about a guy who put up 1260/13 TD's and oh yea , doing it with a f'ing seperated shoulder...but I know hes a soft diva who doesnt like going over the middle , please! Yes hes a old receiver , but hes not looking for a long term deal , I heard he wants 3 more years. Hes a walking first down that IMHO can give you 1200/13-17 TD's for 3-4 more years , he isnt the 84 that played for the Vikes , but is still tearing up the league and hasnt changed or lost a step at all since hes been w/ the PATS. I see no reason at all not to sign him to a 2 year deal w/ a option for a third. I know Im crazy , but I kinda like 47 TDs in 3 years , and one year he was catching balls or trying to anyways from Matty Cassell , who did a great job of imitating a QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I said it in a similiar thread and I'll paste an copy it here because appearently you aren't smart enough to realize that in football you can't just toss money at every player you see.

It's simply mathematics. You have 2 hard figures you can't go over, one being the cap the other being the roster. As a function of eachother the more big contracts given out the less mid-level contracts possible. It's a fine balance and the Pats play it very well. Pay just enough higher level contracts to remain competative but leave enough room to pay mid-level contracts to build depth and ensure you'll remain copetative through injury.  If Moss doesn't like this system he can go back to a team that hands out big contracts like candy, Oakland. He seemed real happy there with his money.

Call it cheap but I'd much rather have a team full of mid-level contracts that are competative and have a chance to win every year then to have to hope and pray that the high contract guys don't get hurt since there is no one to back them up. Ever notice that the teams that pay out huge money to FA's in the offseason never seem to make it very far?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Straight speak homie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Moss tells it like it is..:
    "the Patriots don't pay"..bottom line is this organization is cheap with a capital "C". reason that they could get away with it for so many years is that they were winning championships and free agents as well as existing players believed in the system and the team philosophies so they played for short money. Brady is a perfect example. He played for much less than his worth. Nobody is going to NE for short money any longer. That mystique is gone for free agents and current players are just not buying in. All of BB's ecentricities and dictatorship approach (not naming coordinators ect.) are killing morale. This is the beginning of the end of this regime in my opinion. Disgruntled players, a coach who I feel has lost touch and an owner who won't open the wallet to bring in big talent.
    Posted by smorgan86

Ok, so lets hire dan snyder, so players morale will be great cuz he'll hand out fat contracts... But our team will blow each and every year... What kind of idiotic fan asks the team to spend more money and be non-competitive. The pats, and the colts have been pretty close in terms of salary and both teams r successful. 
    They have a system and its working, leave the team-building to them, and they'll keep the cheerleading 2 u.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I think the Pats problems have more to do with personnel decisions the last few years than just the amount of money spent.  Galloway got a couple of million to do absolutely nothing, Fred Taylor was a waste, and re-signing Seau is becoming a joke.  Certainly the Pats need to spend more, but it also should be spread out evenly rather than paying big contracts for players like A.D. or potentially Peppers. 
        Brady is the highest paid player on the Pats, so it makes no sense to me why the Pats don't build around their highest paid player.  You highest paid players is given that salary because he is so necessary for the teams success.  So when you surround him with less talent, you defeat the entire purpose of why you paid him in the first place.  Whether Pats fans like it or not, the Pats will only be a championship caliber team with a powerful offense first, that's where their strength is, not defense.  Build the defense through the draft, but pony up and pay the big bucks for the offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss tells it like it is..:
    I said it in a similiar thread and I'll paste an copy it here because appearently you aren't smart enough to realize that in football you can't just toss money at every player you see. It's simply mathematics. You have 2 hard figures you can't go over, one being the cap the other being the roster. As a function of eachother the more big contracts given out the less mid-level contracts possible. It's a fine balance and the Pats play it very well. Pay just enough higher level contracts to remain competative but leave enough room to pay mid-level contracts to build depth and ensure you'll remain copetative through injury.  If Moss doesn't like this system he can go back to a team that hands out big contracts like candy, Oakland. He seemed real happy there with his money. Call it cheap but I'd much rather have a team full of mid-level contracts that are competative and have a chance to win every year then to have to hope and pray that the high contract guys don't get hurt since there is no one to back them up. Ever notice that the teams that pay out huge money to FA's in the offseason never seem to make it very far?
    Posted by PatsEng

BINGO!

I am thinking that thee people that complain about not getting paid are not very bright....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Injuries are what most often derail championship aspirations.

Depth is what most effectively balances catastrophic injuries.

Spreading the wealth around is what creates quality depth.

In the last five years we've had N'awlins, Bitchburgh (twice), Blue New Jersey and Indy as champions.

Just off the top of my head, no big-money free agents jump out at me on any of those teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I think the Pats problems have more to do with personnel decisions the last few years than just the amount of money spent.  Galloway got a couple of million to do absolutely nothing, Fred Taylor was a waste, and re-signing Seau is becoming a joke.  Certainly the Pats need to spend more, but it also should be spread out evenly rather than paying big contracts for players like A.D. or potentially Peppers.      Brady is the highest paid player on the Pats, so it makes no sense to me why the Pats don't build around their highest paid player.  You highest paid players is given that salary because he is so necessary for the teams success.  So when you surround him with less talent, you defeat the entire purpose of why you paid him in the first place.  Whether Pats fans like it or not, the Pats will only be a championship caliber team with a powerful offense first, that's where their strength is, not defense.  Build the defense through the draft, but pony up and pay the big bucks for the offense.
    Posted by BBRULES23

We won more championships with less talent on offense....we had tons of record breaking talent on offense in 2007...where did that get us?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Stanley,

This team can't stay healthy and that's their main problem. Does it make sense to sink a bunch of money into guys who can't stay healthy? I think injuries in NE are above average and that's not the player's fault but I know as a fan that most of these guys are taking games off for injury. Under those circumstances it makes sense to pay less for your soon-to-be-hurt starters and have quality back ups.

If you want to biatch that there's not quality back ups I'm with you but this isn't a regime and there's only so many teams in the NFL and there are lots of guys who will play in NE.

You probably own a Deion Branch jersey and haven't gotten over that one yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

1) anything that Ron Burgess agrees with is Dumb.....

2) Moss is a hipocryte....he got paid....Is he suggesting that he wants more money?

3) Where does he expect to go and get paid?  it is the cr@ppy teams that pay the big bucks for top free agents.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

I said it in a similiar thread and I'll paste an copy it here because appearently you aren't smart enough to realize that in football you can't just toss money at every player you see. It's simply mathematics. You have 2 hard figures you can't go over, one being the cap the other being the roster. As a function of eachother the more big contracts given out the less mid-level contracts possible. It's a fine balance and the Pats play it very well. Pay just enough higher level contracts to remain competative but leave enough room to pay mid-level contracts to build depth and ensure you'll remain copetative through injury.  If Moss doesn't like this system he can go back to a team that hands out big contracts like candy, Oakland. He seemed real happy there with his money. Call it cheap but I'd much rather have a team full of mid-level contracts that are competative and have a chance to win every year then to have to hope and pray that the high contract guys don't get hurt since there is no one to back them up. Ever notice that the teams that pay out huge money to FA's in the offseason never seem to make it very far?
    Posted by PatsEng

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Moss tells it like it is..:
    "the Patriots don't pay"..bottom line is this organization is cheap with a capital "C". reason that they could get away with it for so many years is that they were winning championships and free agents as well as existing players believed in the system and the team philosophies so they played for short money. Brady is a perfect example. He played for much less than his worth. Nobody is going to NE for short money any longer. That mystique is gone for free agents and current players are just not buying in. All of BB's ecentricities and dictatorship approach (not naming coordinators ect.) are killing morale. This is the beginning of the end of this regime in my opinion. Disgruntled players, a coach who I feel has lost touch and an owner who won't open the wallet to bring in big talent.
    Posted by smorgan86

This tired old whine is beyond stupid. There's a cap in the NFL and you can't exceed it. Plain and simple. Before you post your garbage why not admit that you're either a know nothing bandwagon fan or not a Pats fan at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Moss like most professional athletes and the dysfunctional Hollywonk cretins are out-of-touch w/the real world. How many millions do these spoiled brats need? The Redskins last yr signed Fat Albert Haynesworthless for $100 mil for 7 yrs w/$41 mil guaranteed, how'd that work out for the Redskins? The Pats probs the past 5 yrs can be attributed to poor drafts and misjudging FA's such as AD, Biesel, Galloway and legions of CB's and WR's to mention a few personnel blunders. They have the 2010 draft picks and money to rebuild what is now an average NFL team. The Sporting News ranks them #14 as of this writing. Get Brady P. Manning type weapons to thrown too, a battering ram RB, no more dancers and draft/trade/sign as FA's 2 pass rushing OLB's/DE's and the Pats will be a top 5 team again in 2010. ,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

pochen - the problem I have with his statement is that he made a statement to begin with. It's a strong arm tactic to try to get fan support behind you for a better contract. It's a business on both sides and making a statement like this is nothing more then a negotiation tactic. What would happen if the team came out and said "I don't think Moss will sign an extension, this is a business and he is getting older and we can't support a team by giving to much money to an aging player"?

If he understood all of what you said he would not have made that comment and kept it behind closed doors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss tells it like it is.. : It got you a place in the history as the only team to go 18-0. Despite not winning a superbowl, that team will forever have a special place in my heart as the most dominate team perhaps in the NFL history, and was definitely the best team the Patriots had. Sometimes the best team don't win, that's why you watch the sport or else they don't need to play. I am not one of those who let the loss in Superbowl diminish what they did that season. The truth is, you have teams that win champions, and you have those teams that come once in a life time that is going to achieve that perfection. The team that had the chance to achieve that perfect was the team that had a dominating offense, and that's enough reason for me to build my team around on offense. If you think the superbowl winning pats teams are better than the 07 one, you are only kidding yourself.
    Posted by pochen23

Actually, the 2004 Pats were better than the 2007 Pats.....Sorry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He might think that since this next year will be uncapped that it might be a good time to cash in but in reality that just isn't possible. They have rules protecting against this to prevent front loading a contract (I forget the % but you can't give 15 mil the first year then 5 mil for the following years). So any big money needs to be spread out over the length of the contract. When a new agreement is reached there will be a cap for the seasons following that 1-2 yr uncapped season. This has already happened in one sport, hockey, and the Bruins suffered horribly because they gave out a bunch of big contracts and then when the cap hit they couldn't get rid of any of them. I just wish players understood how the economics in football worked before making comments. That's why I had so much respect for Teddy. He was his own agent and understood the economics of the industry so he never made uniformed comments referencing pay to the media

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I think the Patriots system is, in a way, summed up like this:

"You want the big money or do you want the Ring?"

Not getting the Ring eats up some retired NFL players who, when they get older say "it's not about the money, it's about being World Champions."

Wanna get rich? Go to the Redskins or the Raiders. The desire to get the Ring over the money is what makes Champions. Think Teddy Bruschi was in it for the money? He's all set for the rest of his life but, no, he won't be living in Trump Towers either. He's got those Rings. I think BB and Kraft want those kind of players because history shows us too often that once you pony up big $$, a lot of players dog it. 

Keep 'em hungry for the Championship. Get on the Wheaties box and then go to the highest bidder and play for a 2-14 team and slide into mediocrity. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

I have to disagree, because Moss could of got a bigger contract from another team before he resigned with N.E, but he gave  the Pat's a discount and stayed... Now that the roles have reversed, I believe Pat's are bargining in bad faith. I really think they need him, how good is Wes Welker without Moss drawing all the roled coverage. Wes is good but not a #1 WR... No knock on him, but its just what it is... Now that Wes is hurt, without Moss, who do you throw to? If Moss walks NE will be making a big mistake, like losing a Seymore, who can still play... This is not the same team from past years, We cant run the ball, and play average to below average defense...
         Everybody hollar's about the system, but It was both the system and the player's that won Championships... I luv the Pats, but some of these player deflections have you scratching your head.
         I think that players playing for a discount days are coming to a close, due to the CBA, and that the players see teams getting rid of veteran players (loyalty factor). Its funny that if a player tries to cash in on his talent he's criticized for being greedy, but If he doesnt give a discount to a team to stay he's still criticized for not being team player. Players are expected to be loyal, but organization use the business card as a scape goat...Damned if you do damned if you dont.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Moss tells it like it is.. : We won more championships with less talent on offense....we had tons of record breaking talent on offense in 2007...where did that get us?
    Posted by m1021us

2007 was a great year, if the Pats of 2007 played that same Giants team ten times they would have beaten them 9 out of 10.   The Giants just had some good karma and luck on their side that day.  But the 2007 team proved just how important talent is around Brady in order for the Pats to be successful.

While the Pats have won more talent with less on offense, you can thank the greatest QB of all time in Brady for that.  Not the system or the O.C.  Crennel and Mangini tried the same system and we all saw the results.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I have to disagree, because Moss could of got a bigger contract from another team before he resigned with N.E, but he gave  the Pat's a discount and stayed... Now that the roles have reversed, I believe Pat's are bargining in bad faith. I really think they need him, how good is Wes Welker without Moss drawing all the roled coverage. Wes is good but not a #1 WR... No knock on him, but its just what it is... Now that Wes is hurt, without Moss, who do you throw to? If Moss walks NE will be making a big mistake, like losing a Seymore, who can still play... This is not the same team from past years, We cant run the ball, and play average to below average defense...      Everybody hollar's about the system, but It was both the system and the player's that won Championships... I luv the Pats, but some of these player deflections have you scratching your head.      I think that players playing for a discount days are coming to a close, due to the CBA, and that the players see teams getting rid of veteran players (loyalty factor). Its funny that if a player tries to cash in on his talent he's criticized for being greedy, but If he doesnt give a discount to a team to stay he's still criticized for not being team player. Players are expected to be loyal, but organization use the business card as a scape goat...Damned if you do damned if you dont.....
    Posted by bigpull

I am not sure about that.....As I recall the Pats let Moss go out with other teams to see what his value was....the Pats gave him pretty much what Philly was offering him....that is market value.

How good is Welker without Moss?  I am not sure, Welker has never played without Moss with Brady throwing to them....and you don't know either.

I think that the players and some of the fans do not understand that the Pats can't give everyone a top notch contract because of the CAP.  I love how players leave and say that it is a business then tirn around and call the team cheap.  getting rid of Seymour for a possible top 10 1st round pick in a year where rookie contracts may be fixed is a great business decision.  If the players are not loyal, why should the team be loyal.  it is a 2 sided street.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

How effective Welker will be when he returns and when will he return are unknowns at this time. If the Pats move Moss on draft day, their #1 WR is Edelman w/Aikens as #2. What a chilling thought! In BB I still trust, but it's getting harder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

Not market value by any means... Every report at that time said Moss took less to stay with Pats... Welker has played before Moss, and he was a marginal reciever before N.E. His career benefited by having Moss as our #1...cut it out I like Welker too, but be for real... Pats are thin at WR, so who's gonna replace Moss? Dont belittle Moss since he may be on way out, you sound foolish... This guy is proven and has produced since he's been here... I'd take a 34 year old Moss,  who may even take plays off  over many 20 yr old WR's in this leauge, and a Richard Semour who is still productive over who Ron Brace, be real... You sound foolish... There's more player loyalty than team loyalty... How would u feel If Tom Brady, who has given N.E a discount for years, said Ok pay me know... Would he be unloyal then or the bad guy? It works both ways...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

People act like nobody on the Pats gets paid.  Tom Brady is the fourth highest paid QB in the league.  Should he be higher, probably, but its not like he's in the middle half of QB's getting paid.  Randy Moss is the third highest receiver.  He didn't perform like that the last two years.  That doesn't seem like a discount to me.  Also it was the Eagles who were going to give him a little bit more, but when you figure in the real life situations (moving your family again, children's schools, etc) sometimes a couple hundred thousand extra (of a 9 mil a year salary) may not be worth it.  There is a difference between cheap and fiscally responsible.  If you're getting 80% of say Richard Seymour or Asante Samuel at 1/10 of the price it makes sense when you are creating a 54 man roster.  I'm not saying that they have found players yet that are 80% (Leigh Bodden probably qualifies), but that is the philosophy they use for roster building.  They have shown they are willing to pay their best players but have a sense of when they need to say goodbye to a player.  They will pay Wilfork and they will pay Brady.  I just think calling it cheap is not realizing why the Patriots have been competitive for the past decade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Not market value by any means... Every report at that time said Moss took less to stay with Pats... Welker has played before Moss, and he was a marginal reciever before N.E. His career benefited by having Moss as our #1...cut it out I like Welker too, but be for real... Pats are thin at WR, so who's gonna replace Moss? Dont belittle Moss since he may be on way out, you sound foolish... This guy is proven and has produced since he's been here... I'd take a 34 year old Moss,  who may even take plays off  over many 20 yr old WR's in this leauge, and a Richard Semour who is still productive over who Ron Brace, be real... You sound foolish... There's more player loyalty than team loyalty... How would u feel If Tom Brady, who has given N.E a discount for years, said Ok pay me know... Would he be unloyal then or the bad guy? It works both ways...
    Posted by bigpull

He may have taken less....but if you are thinking that it is a deal then you are mistaken.  He probably took a low % paycut based on what the other team has offered him.  there was an article on the Boston Globe that said that he chose intangibles over a higher pay.....what changed his mind?  I didn't see him taking even less so these other players could get paid.

Who was throwing to Welker while he was in Miami?

Brady is too smart to ask for more than what he is getting.....he was raised right, he even thinks that he has been paid more than what he is worth.

Ron Brace didn't replace Seymour.....Ty Warren did.

I will belittle Moss for he is acting like a dumb hypocrite.....