Moss to Jets - Bank on it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss to Jets - Bank on it!

I have a huge gut feeling Moss will be a Jet very soon, as in a matter of days soon.  As a Moss fan, this bothers me because of how I feel about the Jets.  I think he could still fit in as a Patriot, but if we most likely do pass on him and he goes to the Jets then he will be a huge threat with Holmes.

Starting to feel nervous about what the Jets are doing.  They are determined to do whatever it takes to win a SB. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Moss to Jets - Bank on it!

When the Jets sign Moss it will be a multi year deal.  Moss will be all in and do whatever it takes for a super bowl.  If no super bowl after year one then it's a safe bet he will pull all his spoiled player antics and he will be bad news for the Jets in year two.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Moss has always been about Moss. Whenever he wasn't the #1 option he shot his way out of town (Oak, Pats, Titans, and Minn twice). How is he going to act when he's the #2 behind Holmes. Also, Moss has given up on throws and plays when they aren't exactly on his hands. Sanchez isn't an accurate QB and has trouble with the long ball, is Moss going to go across the middle or play underneath to get his catches?

Add that to the fact that he's clearly lost a step the last couple years. #2 cb's have shut him down the last year and half or so and he hasn't be able to get decent separation for the last couple years. he's also refused to extend for a bal or leap the way he use to, even with Brady in 09'. Moss is almost done in his career but still believes he should be the #1 option which is a deadly combination.

I'm not scared by Moss in the least going to the Jets. Edwards would be the better signing but they can't afford him anymore. That should tell you something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Let him go...Sanchez ain't no Brady and we have some good big physical corners..Dowling has the size and speed to guard him and he's a rook...Moss only runs 9 routes and deep post where a safety can't hit him...bot Bodden and McCourty have seen him at practice and played against him...He's dumb to go to Revis's team after the CB called him soft and used up....he may be in great shape...but he's the same ole Moss...he'll let you down at the worst time..have at it Jets

http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

John Clayton 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Judging Moss on last year ,is like judging him in Oak. Minn/Tenn were 2 disfunctional teams last year to say the least. And with all due respect nobody here knows if he lost a step or not. The Pats absolutely stopped throwing him the ball , give him the ball and then lets see what he has. The bias here is so funny. Moss isnt a Pat anymore , so you'll hate on him any chance you get. If hes healthy , in shape , he will be a factor on any team he goes to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Moss to Jets - Bank on it!:
    [QUOTE]Judging Moss on last year ,is like judging him in Oak. Minn/Tenn were 2 disfunctional teams last year to say the least. And with all due respect nobody here knows if he lost a step or not. The Pats absolutely stopped throwing him the ball , give him the ball and then lets see what he has. The bias here is so funny. Moss isnt a Pat anymore , so you'll hate on him any chance you get. If hes healthy , in shape , he will be a factor on any team he goes to.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

OK how about we judge him in 09' when he gave up on plays, Brady was trying to force the ball to him, he couldn't get seperationm, and didn't demand double coverage like in 07' and even in 08'.

Is that better?

Moss has lost a step, anyone with eyes can see that. And if you think Sanchez can get him the ball after Brady seemingly couldn't in 09' and 10' while the Jets just signed Holmes to a huge contract making him the #1 option then your nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I disagree, I still think he is a deep threat and demands double coverage.  I would say that was why the Pats stopped throwing to him as much was everyone was double covering him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Moss to Jets - Bank on it!:
    [QUOTE]I disagree, I still think he is a deep threat and demands double coverage.  I would say that was why the Pats stopped throwing to him as much was everyone was double covering him.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

See, This is Rusty's and PatsEng's point here...  ALL Moss IS, is a deep-threat...short, intermediate routes, going over the middle=Nada...not since very little with the Vikings.  Randy's 1 dimensional, far moreso than ever now (sorry Randy).  And make NO mistake, The days when Moss was just nasty, And/or the days when Moss just lost a tiny half-step, but was being thrown to by a HOF QB in Brady...Moss was STILL almost entirely the deep-threat...AND he was STILL nasty.  Which is pretty ridiculous when ya think about: The Offense is sending you deep, The Defense KNOWS you're going pretty deep, And half the time That defense is double covering you...and Moss's like, "Yea, you know...But I'm that good, that I STILL can score."  

But sorry, I'm with these 2 guys here now, RE: Moss's offensive threat.  NO HOF QB, he's lost not a half-step, but a full-step (and trust me, I'm sure he can still fly)...  But now that his pretty singular deep-ball game-set, is subject to these above factors...Being 1 dimensional (compared to many other wideouts), This is gonna be EXTREMELY emphasized, And it's gonna show BIG time.  

So...I LOVE the idea actually.  Moss in the exciting big apple, On a team full off outspoken Egos, Singular game-set that BB knows as good as any wide-out, On a shaky team in terms of number of free agents and in terms of "promises" and "gurantees" of The Lombardi (or nuthin'...and, or else), And man HOW many years does Moss Have?  We're talkin' a DECENT sized contract right, even thinking of vet minimum (which it won't be, b/c it's Randy Moss).  

And make no mistake, I'm not intentionally tryin' to diss Moss here, The way I'll shred Asante Samuel all day & every day...even when he does good.  Unlike someone like Parcells or Asante, I hold no ill-wills towards Moss whatsoever...I like'm.  I'm just VERY, very happy that a wide-out with a singular skill-set, whose play Belichick knows front & back, Is going to a team and area of outspoken & sometimes strained egos in order to eat up the little team cap space they actually can try to find...    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I wish Randy well. If the Jets want to take a chance on him, and thats what any team would be doing by signing him, then good luck to them. Maybe he's been on the phone with Jerry Rice asking for some fountain of youth secrets. Everyone loves a comeback especially when it's someone like Moss.

The thing I find interesting is that in the Jets environment, unlike the Patriots, he would likely be allowed, almost urged, to trash talk pre/post game. The Ryan way so to speak. The downside is he better back it up cause in NY who knows what will get hurled onto the field, verbally and literally.

It would make for some great stories for at least two games during the season. I hope they sign him, bring it on.

A preview?

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
    Welcome back, to the same old place that you laughed about...

If your old enough you know the song.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob Glauber 
    NFL columnist for New York's Newsday.