Moss to the Colts in 2011 out of spite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Moss to the Colts in 2011 out of spite?

If the Pats don't sign Randy Moss before the end of the season does he sign with the Colts out of spite? I think Moss will be pissed if he isn't resigned before the season is over. He's already said it would be a slap in the face. If the Patriots don't win the Championship this year, Moss will be looking for a team next year that can contend. Colts and Saints would be at the top of my list if I were him with the Colts being at the top. Imagine having to face Reggie Wayne on one side, Randy Moss on the other, Austin Collie in the slot and Dallas Clark in the TE position. Yikes!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Moss to the Colts in 2011 out of spite?

In Response to Moss to the Colts in 2011 out of spite?:
    [QUOTE]If the Pats don't sign Randy Moss before the end of the season does he sign with the Colts out of spite? I think Moss will be pissed if he isn't resigned before the season is over. He's already said it would be a slap in the face. If the Patriots don't win the Championship this year, Moss will be looking for a team next year that can contend. Colts and Saints would be at the top of my list if I were him with the Colts being at the top. Imagine having to face Reggie Wayne on one side, Randy Moss on the other, Austin Collie in the slot and Dallas Clark in the TE position. Yikes!!!
    Posted by jmarley[/QUOTE]

lol, you must be smoking ganja

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats don't sign Randy Moss before the end of the season does he sign with the Colts out of spite? I think Moss will be pissed if he isn't resigned before the season is over. He's already said it would be a slap in the face. If the Patriots don't win the Championship this year, Moss will be looking for a team next year that can contend. Colts and Saints would be at the top of my list if I were him with the Colts being at the top. Imagine having to face Reggie Wayne on one side, Randy Moss on the other, Austin Collie in the slot and Dallas Clark in the TE position. Yikes!!!

How dumb is that idea?  You really don't know anything about football......

Colts don't get big name free agents....

Moss will go where the money is....Indy does not have it 

New Orleans has plenty of WR's.....the need a RB more.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think Moss wants 2 things.  To get paid as one of the top receivers in the NFL and to break Rice's TD record and go down as the greatest WR in history (or at least make a strong case). 

If the Pats offer him a contract close to top I think he takes it because he wants the 2nd thing.  If they don't give him that offer than I think he tries to go to a team with a great QB if they offer him top money.  Contenders would be Indy, SD, GB, NO maybe a couple others.  Just my guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

GB is pretty set.  So are Indy and NO.  So is Dallas (although Jones might pay anything). 

I think SD was a good call. 

I'd add Washington (money talks);
    Chicago - strong QB, limited Receivers, OC with a track record,
    NYJ
    NYG
    Pitt
    KC
    ATL?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Colts, Not happening for various reasons above...I don't see GB attempting to sign him either, they need to get younger at the position...I truly feel he will stay with NE for another 2 years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Why not just sign with the Klingons to spite to Captain Kirk?

The above sentence has the same validity as the original

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In Response to Re: Moss to the Colts in 2011 out of spite?:
    [QUOTE]he wants to stay, it is likely the Pats don't want him back for whatever reason. Chicago would be great, Washington too, both are strong arm QBs and not that far away from contending.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that the Pats don't want him back? Because he hasn't been extended yet? What reason has he given the Pats organization to not resign him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I agree with shenanigan: playing with Brady gives Moss the best chance to challenge records because of the quality of the QB.

I don't think that the Jets, Chiefs, or Eagles could offer that.

The Steelers don't usually spend big money on receivers.

The Jets already have Edwards and Holmes.  The Giants already have Steve Smith 2 and a lot of needs on defense.  The Colts have Wayne (younger), Garcon (much younger), Collie (much younger), and Gonzalez (who was decent before he got hurt, lost his starting spot, and started getting injured more easily because his pride was probably hurt), aside from the other point that the Colts only have so much money to spend because of their small market.

I think if the Pats offer 70-80% of the money that another team offers, Moss will stay.  Teams with good QBs that are good fits don't really need him and teams with bad QBs don't help him break records.  The Pats could offer him a good QB and a good system on top of fair market money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Nick - I'd agree that he resigns with the pats but my thoughts on the others were with team either with a high profile or a possibility of contending. 

The Jets (IMO) have a rising QB and a team that can win.  Moss could add to that and they could get rid of the ball dropping drinker. 

The chiefs have cassell who threw to Moss and are currently 3-0 in a division that they can win in. 

The Eagles don't seem like a fit to me, either. 

NYG, because it is New York and they have won a sb in the past 3 years.  

Steelers would work because they've got Roethlisberger and are in need of another receiver and are winners.

I don't know if Atl has a need but they are winning and have a QB. 

Just my thoughts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

indy has its own issues with Reggie Wayne's deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

I'm still confident (and hoping) that the Pats have already given Moss a promise that they'll extend him soon.  I think they have been really busy signing Brady to his extension (most important), and now they are still mixed up with the whole Mankins debacle.  Once that clears, they'll take care of Moss and his extension.

I know, I'm  a homer, but Moss and Brady have a connection and I think Moss will give the home-town discount if it has the Brady seal of approval. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

None of these teams make any sense at all for Moss. The Colts wouldn't have the cap space because Wayne, who is far younger than Moss, is due a HUGE pay raise come next season, and they are already 6.8 million over last years cap number. So unless they raise the cap, there's no chanse in hell! Ditto for Washington and Dallas! The Redskins payroll is 50 million higher than the Patriots this year! Are they trying to be the Yankees or what? LMAO And Dallas is at 165 million, or nearly 40 million over last years cap of 127 million.
    Heck, Moss can't even go to the Jet's because even they have cap issues being 10 million over last years cap!
    The reason Moss wants to get a deal done is because if there is a lockout, and a new cap is set, the market for his services will be extremely limited!
    This is unless, of course, they decide to go the baseball route and have no ceiling on what teams can spend, and just tax them through revenue sharing. This would be a disaster, resulting in a baseball type system which has no parity. What makes football great is that 3 times in the last decade, teams that were 45-1 shots in Vegas won superbowls! In baseball, it's the same teams every year, with usually 1 surprise team that never seems to win it all. (Tampa, Colorado)
    I guess I really went off on a tangent there! LOL
    To answer your question, the answer is NO. There is absolutely no way that Moss would go to Indy. Not just because they can't afford it, but because having 2 number 1's creates dissention. Boldin and Fitzgerald in Arizona, Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams in Detroit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]Nick - I'd agree that he resigns with the pats but my thoughts on the others were with team either with a high profile or a possibility of contending.  The Jets (IMO) have a rising QB and a team that can win.  Moss could add to that and they could get rid of the ball dropping drinker.  The chiefs have cassell who threw to Moss and are currently 3-0 in a division that they can win in.  The Eagles don't seem like a fit to me, either.  NYG, because it is New York and they have won a sb in the past 3 years.   Steelers would work because they've got Roethlisberger and are in need of another receiver and are winners. I don't know if Atl has a need but they are winning and have a QB.  Just my thoughts.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Jets will have a cap problem and may not be able to afford Moss....besides, I really don't think that Moss wants to be part of the Circus over there....

Pitt is a team, much like the Colts that don't sign big free agents....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Bradyfan - where are you getting your salary numbers?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

[QUOTE]Bradyfan - where are you getting your salary numbers?
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/19/team-by-team-salary-cap-numbers-if-there-were-a-salary-cap/?related=1

I get the cap numbers from NBC sports and I posted the link above.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

This I feel is going to be a wait and see situation. The Patriots watching to see how Moss will preform this season and how the other receivers pan out.
    Once they can factor those equations then they will decide whether of not to retain Randy Moss and for how much they wish to spend on him.
    If other receivers step up and in, I feel they will let Moss go and use the money elsewhere.
    If Slater and Tate become good solid options, and Hernandez continues along his path, you already have Welker and Edelman so, then in my opinion Moss will be let go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

As a Colt fan - No, Thanks.  Moss is the anti-Colt receiver.  He's got a lot of physical talent, but the team stresses work-ethic and reliability over flash.  Can you imagine the fire works from Peyton when Moss decides he's not feeling motivated and takes one of his patented days off?

Sections
Shortcuts