Moss trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Moss trade??

I look at it this way. We only gave up a 4th round pick to get him and we got 3 good years of service. He said he was going to hit the road anyway. Nothing wrong with another 3rd rounder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We're trading Randy Moss for a 3rd round pick? That's not a good idea, at all. 

Unless Jared Allen is coming for Moss this should be a HUGE pass!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade??:
    I hope it's not for the rumored 3rd. I didn't think we were going to sign him in the offseason and truthfully I didn't want to after seeing how much they tried to force it to him at the Jets game but a 3rd is to low. I'd hope to get a D player or at min a 2nd and 4th back in return. If he left in the offseason he'd be worth atleast a 3rd compensation so why not keep him to help this season if it only to move up a couple spots?
    Posted by PatsEng

If reports are true that he had his agents call BB and ask for a trade last night then the Pats hands are kinda tied.........cant have a malcontent in the locker room, not after last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

We're trading Randy Moss for a 3rd round pick? That's not a good idea, at all.  Unless Jared Allen is coming for Moss this should be a HUGE pass!
    Posted by 49Patriots

Jared has a huge contract if I'm not mistaken. I doubt the Pat's would shell out the dollars for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Don't do this. No need to give another team more firepower, and there's no reason to hinder our offense.

I love our young defense, but there'll be times when this offense needs to carry this defense, and without a serious deep-threat, our offense will be weak.

We have a lot of quick, young, athletic receivers, but no one (other than Moss) that can stretch the field deep. Who would we have left?

-Welker
    -Tate
    -Edelman
    -Hernandez
    -Gronk
    -Crumpler
    -Price

My only guess is that Belichick thought that Moss would turn into a distraction at some point down the road, and that he wanted to avoid that situation alltogether. Not a big fan of Randy if this is the case - he's losing his shot a super-bowl ring if this is the case.

Would like to get a lot more than a 3rd rounder, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : If reports are true that he had his agents call BB and ask for a trade last night then the Pats hands are kinda tied.........cant have a malcontent in the locker room, not after last year.
    Posted by Hannahman

Hannahman,  according to weei, Moss asked for a trade after the first game, not last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is this a joke? I mean I'm not saying that Moss is as important as some think he is, but do we really need to get rid of all the talent we have? What will our recievers be? Edelman who won't be able to stay healthy. Tate who is coming off a knee injury and is inexperienced. Price who has yet to see the field. Welker who is off an injury and is a slot guy. No Faulk, shaky running game...What? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : Jared has a huge contract if I'm not mistaken. I doubt the Pat's would shell out the dollars for him.
    Posted by kman2004

Probably not, but if it happened, Allen would make the Pats a top 7 defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxfan74. Show patsoxfan74's posts

WHatTF? When will the globe post anything about this?

well maybe the globe will report on Bradys hair!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Is this a joke? I mean I'm not saying that Moss is as important as some think he is, but do we really need to get rid of all the talent we have? What will our recievers be? Edelman who won't be able to stay healthy. Tate who is coming off a knee injury and is inexperienced. Price who has yet to see the field. Welker who is off an injury and is a slot guy. No Faulk, shaky running game...What? 
    Posted by mthurl

You hit the nail right on the head.........one big ? going forward

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

The worst part of this will be seeing Moss in Minny again. I won't be able to stand seeing him back in a Vikings uniform, and I won't be able to stand all the Minnesota fans hootin' and hollerin'.

Bleh. I want the Pats to do what's right for the team, but I will miss Randy - he's a very good player, and he's fun to watch. You can also bet your life that Tom won't be happy.

I don't like the move overall, but I'll trust the Pats in any decision that they make. Still will miss Randy - he's very fun to watch, and again, you know that Tom will be angry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by mthurl

Mthurl, after the last couple games I'd say our running game is currently better then it has in years, which is scary. All I asked is for a player who can get 3-4yrds a carry every carry and well BJGE looks like he can.

As far as the health of our WR's, Welkers proven he can stick and move on that knee and Tate looks completely health and can help stretch the field. But still for a 3rd? I smell something else in the works. There is no way we only take a 3rd for Moss without something else in mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : Jared has a huge contract if I'm not mistaken. I doubt the Pat's would shell out the dollars for him.
    Posted by kman2004

We're handicapping our offense, we should get better at defense. The only Vikings defender I would want is Jared Allen. THIS IS A BAD IDEA!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Let's all wait until we hear the entire terms of the trade. I remember another trade not many of us agreed with back in 2003 and certain guy named "Lawyer Miloy"  That one seemed to work out ok for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I hope maybe we'll somehow get Vincent Jackson out of this. I'm tired of giving up talent all the time for draft picks. We something in return, especially considering the unknowns of the labor agreement for next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxfan74. Show patsoxfan74's posts

DejaVu for Brady.  Last time he resigned didn't we trade Deion Branch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Let's all wait until we hear the entire terms of the trade. I remember another trade not many of us agreed with back in 2003 and certain guy named "Lawyer Miloy"  That one seemed to work out ok for us.
    Posted by kman2004

I'm a total believer in "In Bill We Trust", but dam$ he makes it hard sometimes......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : Don`t forget Taylor Price
    Posted by SUZUKIGSXR

Please tell me that you're not thinking that a rookie who I don't even think has been active yet in his career is all of a sudden going to fill the shoes of Randy Moss.

I just don't see the logic in this for the Pats.....I'd rather keep him for the season and have him walk without getting anything in return.......rather than to trade him at this moment (at probably the highest point the Pats have hit in the past couple years), for a 3rd round pick, which will be, at best, our 6th best draft pick in that draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not for a 3rd round pick, that's a steal for the Vikings.  And why would Randy want to do this?  The Vikings, are you serious?  I quess a try at a ring isn't a high priority of his any longer and he can forget about breaking more records, isn't going to happen in Viking land.  I guess when you really get down to it, it's all about the cash to these guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if we try to put Brandon Tate into Moss's role - similar to that of a Deion Branch type of role. Stretch the field at times, but also run shorter routes to keep the defense honest - something that they didn't do often with Randy.

We'll see what plays-out, but I have full confidence in this organization, and our improved running-game makes Moss (somewhat) expendable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

wouldnt they get a third round compensation pick anyway? makes no sense

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Intersting development if this in the works.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

You have got to be  kidding me.  Is Randy really that greedy? He is willing to not play with Brady and the Pats and is now demanding a trade.

Wow just wow.

Don't know what else to say.  He doesn't even want to finish playing out this year, it is all about greed.  We were warned weren't we?   Whats the deal with all that talk in the offseason that Moss had a great camp and is going to be motivated!

The offense will struggle badly without him because he makes a huge difference. Wes Welker will now get doubled on every play. 

After such a great win,  this is devestating news.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I don't like it. Player for player trades are very rare these days, so it would most likely be for a draft pick, as speculated. And then with BB's history, that pick will probably get traded away for more lower round picks. Then we'll end up losing one of the greatest players to ever play the game in exchange for 3 or 4 nobodies who will probably get cut or end up on the practice squad. Why, oh why, could they not, just once, prove everybody wrong and give Randy one big payday?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I don't like it either . We only gave up a fourth rounder for him ( I think it was a fourth) and we got 3 good years from him. Him asking for a trade ...regardless of when will go over like a lead balloon with BB .........he's a goner.......

Sections
Shortcuts