Moss trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Moss trade??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/pats-say-there-is-no-trade/

is seems this might just be a rumor

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If we trade Moss for another draft pick then we are a bunch of Aholes. Tom Brady told me this at the game last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't mind a 3rd if we get say Griffen too? I liked Griffen in this past draft and think he has the size and speed to turn into a DE/OLB tweener. Would complement Cunningham nicely in the coming years with Nonkovich and TBC in rush and cover roles. Might solidify our OLB core leaving really only the DL left to be rebuilt. Though if Brace keeps improving we could have one of the most talented younger and I do emphasize younger defenses in the league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

no sir i dont like it  if this is true i hope its more  than a 3round pick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, Randy is the author of "Straight cash, homie."

If he's really choosing the dollars (and the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play with Tarvaris Jackson) over a legitimate shot at immortality with Tom Brady throwing to him, I guess it really doesn't have anything to do with sea level . . .   whatever that is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This said there is no trade looming:

http://www.csnne.com/10/05/10/Sources-No-Randy-Moss-trade-looming/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=325302&feedID=3946

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade??:
    [QUOTE]Let's all wait until we hear the entire terms of the trade. I remember another trade not many of us agreed with back in 2003 and certain guy named "Lawyer Miloy"  That one seemed to work out ok for us.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

I loved Lawey but I don't remember him ever catching 23 tds in 1 season. I DO remember other Pats safeties getting 100 tackles in a year though. See what I'm saying?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

pats are saying this is bogus
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/pats-say-there-is-no-trade/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This isn't going to happen.  All the "rumors" and "sources" is BS.  Glazier while he has a solid rep, he's jumping the gun on this one.  A bad "source" I would say.  Glazier isn't right all the time.

Matter of fact, look at a Patriots-Moss long term contract to come out of this.

Continue with your evening, nothing more to speculate here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

You guys are all insane. Randy Moss is a great talent. But he has a history of being a cancer on every team he's played on when he's not happy. He's not happy on the pats anymore and we have other weapons for Brady to use. If Randy has asked for a trade please grant it to him before he brings the team down...... there's a lot of young guys around that don't need to be exposed to that type of negativity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This may make a few of you chuckle.

KFAN Rubechat is down (which is a normal occurence on Sundays after a Minnesota loss) due to the overload from Vikings fan discussing the impending return of Randy Moss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

[QUOTE]You have got to be  kidding me.  Is Randy really that greedy? He is willing to not play with Brady and the Pats and is now demanding a trade. Wow just wow. Don't know what else to say.  He doesn't even want to finish playing out this year, it is all about greed.  We were warned weren't we?   Whats the deal with all that talk in the offseason that Moss had a great camp and is going to be motivated! The offense will struggle badly without him because he makes a huge difference. Wes Welker will now get doubled on every play.  After such a great win,  this is devestating news.  
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]
    Have all of you Patriot fans forgotten? This was not the first season of Randy Moss not happy with the Management of the Patriots, he has voiced his feelings before this season and been called a slacker and pouter if you recall.
    You all act as though he is a football God.  He may have many records but how many Super Bowl rings does he have again?
    Yes he draws double coverage, but he has shown he wants out of New England and that spells trouble on the field, the time to act is now and get what you can for the team and move on.
    I think Hernandez can be put in the WR position and preform it very well, espically going over the middle, he is fast, evasive and tough to bring down. Until a deal is done its a wait and see situation. I say get rid of a negative problem before it infects you. The defense with all the younger guys does not need a bad apple on the team to spoil growth and mental concentration

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

anyone read the globes reports on this possible trade? its good to see they are on top of these things

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm glad that the trade was a rumor, esp if it was for just a 3rd.

However, I like how the offense looks and Tate is developing nicely. With Tate, Welker, Hernandez, and a healthy Edelman on the field I'm not sure if we need Moss to pull double coverage. Esp with the OL playing as nicely as they have been giving Brady time. If we could get a good deal I wouldn't mind letting him go, otherwise I'd rather let him play out this year and allow Tate to develope further then get a 3rd compensation pick for him.

If there is some truth to the rumors though I wouldn't mind a trade of Griffen, a 3rd and maybe a conditional 4-6 pick at the min.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

adam schefter woulda said something if this was true

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The old saying that "where there's smoke there's fire" holds true. Moss will be gone...but not for just a 3rd rounder. He looked disinterested last night in Miami. The hold-up is over trade compensation...as the Pats likely are holding out for a second and a 3rd rounder...while Minnesota has offered just a third. My guess is that they'll trade him for a second round pick.  

Depressing...especially after such a huge win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]adam schefter woulda said something if this was true
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Honestly at this point is probably true.

Glazer said some stuff on it and last couple times hes been dead on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the pats would get a third round compensatory pick in the draft if he doesnt re-sign. why would they accept a third they would get anyway

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I'll believe it if it happens...Jay Glazer the Source for my NFL info!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

[QUOTE]the pats would get a third round compensatory pick in the draft if he doesnt re-sign. why would they accept a third they would get anyway
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

It has 0 to do with what they can get for him. He wants off the Pats and thats that. If they don't trade him he will make Manny Ramirez look like a team player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

if he starts to act like manny then you bench him like they did with thomas last year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

[QUOTE]     The old saying that "where there's smoke there's fire" holds true. Moss will be gone...but not for just a 3rd rounder. He looked disinterested last night in Miami. The hold-up is over trade compensation...as the Pats likely are holding out for a second and a 3rd rounder...while Minnesota has offered just a third. My guess is that they'll trade him for a second round pick.        Depressing...especially after such a huge win.        
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Minnesota?  Jerad Alllen for Moss, or get lost. 

Losing Moss will hurt Tate's development and pizz off TB.  We have enough high draft choices for next year, so there is no need to jeopardize the 2010 season. Keep Moss for 2010 and draft AJ Green or Mike Floyd in 2011.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wttiger516. Show wttiger516's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad that the trade was a rumor, esp if it was for just a 3rd. However, I like how the offense looks and Tate is developing nicely. With Tate, Welker, Hernandez, and a healthy Edelman on the field I'm not sure if we need Moss to pull double coverage. Esp with the OL playing as nicely as they have been giving Brady time. If we could get a good deal I wouldn't mind letting him go, otherwise I'd rather let him play out this year and allow Tate to develope further then get a 3rd compensation pick for him. If there is some truth to the rumors though I wouldn't mind a trade of Griffen, a 3rd and maybe a conditional 4-6 pick at the min.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

If there is any truth in Moss for a third then it is absolutely STUPID. Because
    the end result would really be a 4th rounder because Moss would make the Vikings a Superbowl contender immediately. So I hope the fans would be willing to accept a 6 win season. Especially with some of the games that they have coming up. This would really be another slap in the face to the fans of the Patriots!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'll be hugely shocked if this one doesn't go down.  He clearly wants out, and Favre will be in the postseason this year.

If the Pats want the playoffs they need Moss this season.  I get that there is other talent in this receiving corps, but they're a year away from being able to do this without Moss' perpetual double-coverage. 

And if this is really for a third-rounder, the Pats are getting fleeced.  Spin this anyway we want, it all comes up bad for NE.  There is no way we can spin this in such a way that it's actually a good deal; it's not.  Manny leaving the Sox?  Jason Bay.  Randy leaving the Pats?  No deep threat, and watch WW's catches deplete.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I strongly believe Welker is the player he is because of attention to Moss creating favorable matchups for him.  Yes Moss has his issues and can sometimes make us wonder if he is the same guy who caught a pass with his feet while upside down the week before.  But make no mistake, he makes this team MUCH better than it would be without him. 

I don't want to see us break the bank for him next year, but for the love of all that is holy, don't get rid of him this year.  It would create too much turbulance and we have no one that can do what he does.