Moss trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Re: Moss trade??

In Response to Re: Moss trade??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : If there is any truth in Moss for a third then it is absolutely STUPID. Because the end result would really be a 4th rounder because Moss would make the Vikings a Superbowl contender immediately. So I hope the fans would be willing to accept a 6 win season. Especially with some of the games that they have coming up. This would really be another slap in the face to the fans of the Patriots!
    Posted by wttiger516[/QUOTE]
    just cant see this happeneing unless we get a good defensive player in return we alreadyhave enough drat picks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

no way for a 3rd. he is far too valuable.

guys this is extremely unlikely.  and i mean very very very small chance of happening.

if there was something to this, I wonder what effect this would have on Mankins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I don't put a ton of stock in the media, but honestly my gut feeling is that this happens soon.  Sounds like Favre has his stamp on this one, too. 

Hope I'm way off here, but this sure sounds like a done deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : If there is any truth in Moss for a third then it is absolutely STUPID. Because the end result would really be a 4th rounder because Moss would make the Vikings a Superbowl contender immediately. So I hope the fans would be willing to accept a 6 win season. Especially with some of the games that they have coming up. This would really be another slap in the face to the fans of the Patriots!

LOL!  Since when can Moss play QB?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianaredsoxfan09. Show indianaredsoxfan09's posts

Not sure why they would do this ?? trade their best deep threat which opens thinks for everyone else ??? I hope they dont but if he is becoming a distraction then bill will get rid of him on that alone. Who takes his place ?? pryce a rookie ..tate a second year guy ?? teams will double wes then what ? lets hope this doesnt happen!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I have had Moss's back and I will be upset if the Pats trade him, but it sounds like Randy is forcing this.
    All I want to know is what is Randy going to do w/Favre is injured or he retires next year? Is he going to be happy in MN w/Tavaris Jackson next year?
    Now I see why Randy has been dropping most balls thrown his way. He is pouting, then we don't even go to him last night. Whatever, if this is what he wants get rid of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

This suks.
    Truly depressing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]Take Minnesota's pick and package it with another pick for Vincent Jackson. Give him the money that Mankins apparently does not want. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

problem with that is vincent jacksons suspension doesnt start until he signs with a team so he wouldnt play till week 8 if we get him i believe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

ESPN radio in Vegas was reporting that Moss woul dbe dealt for a 2nd and a 5th - which makes it a bit better in my book.

Didn't the Vikes offer a 2nd and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson?

Interested to see where this goes - and I am anxious to hear the WR plan for the rest of the season sans Moss.

Moss has been a pretty good player for the Pats - and while the media loves to bash him, I agree with Brady - he works hard and is a good team mate.

However, I am not horrified by the trade talk.  If they have a plan.

If this is just dump Mos and figure it out later - I would be a little bit perturbed.

But I have to think there is another part of the plan not yet revealed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Didn't get the ball enough?????????

Gary Tanguay
    by tomecurran
    sources say Moss showed up unhappy today. He and BB had words. He is gone to Vikes if he and Minn workout a new deal.

Ian R. Rapoport
    Comcast's Gary Tanguay reporting that Moss and Belichick had "an encounter" after the game regarding his catches. Not a good one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

maybe the trade rumors are on purpose to see what kind of calls and offers they get for him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wttiger516. Show wttiger516's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : LOL!  Since when can Moss play QB?
    Posted by m1023us[/QUOTE]

He may not be a QB - but he is a QB's dream. I will guarantee this right now if we get rid of Moss 4 games into the season this team will not recover. Just because who he is Moss commands a double team on every play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why they would do this ?? trade their best deep threat which opens thinks for everyone else ??? I hope they dont but if he is becoming a distraction then bill will get rid of him on that alone. Who takes his place ?? pryce a rookie ..tate a second year guy ?? teams will double wes then what ? lets hope this doesnt happen!!
    Posted by indianaredsoxfan09[/QUOTE]

I love reading the posts of new Pats fans.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN radio in Vegas was reporting that Moss woul dbe dealt for a 2nd and a 5th - which makes it a bit better in my book. Didn't the Vikes offer a 2nd and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson? Interested to see where this goes - and I am anxious to hear the WR plan for the rest of the season sans Moss. Moss has been a pretty good player for the Pats - and while the media loves to bash him, I agree with Brady - he works hard and is a good team mate. However, I am not horrified by the trade talk.  If they have a plan. If this is just dump Mos and figure it out later - I would be a little bit perturbed. But I have to think there is another part of the plan not yet revealed.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

If this trade goes down, it's because Moss forced it. Then again, I believe that BB would willingly trade anybody other than Tom Brady, so long as he could get back a second round pick. One year soon, the Pats are going to play with Tom Brady, and a team made up entirely of free agents. Then, in the upcoming draft for the next season, they'll end up owning every pick in round two...LOL!!!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : He may not be a QB - but he is a QB's dream. I will guarantee this right now if we get rid of Moss 4 games into the season this team will not recover. Just because who he is Moss commands a double team on every play.

Sorry, but Moss was one of the reasons why the pats lost to the Jests....Brady kept forcing the play to try to make him happy....that didn't make me happy....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

By the way - how pitiful is the Globe?  They have no information on this and are stuck waiting for national guys to do their job.

The Globe needs to sign Tom Curran as their football guy and dump all the do nothing reporters they have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? :      If this trade goes down, it's because Moss forced it. Then again, I believe that BB would willingly trade anybody other than Tom Brady, so long as he could get back a second round pick. One year soon, the Pats are going to play with Tom Brady, and a team made up entirely of free agents. Then, in the upcoming draft for the next season, they'll end up owning every pick in round two...LOL!!!  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LMAO !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN radio in Vegas was reporting that Moss woul dbe dealt for a 2nd and a 5th - which makes it a bit better in my book. Didn't the Vikes offer a 2nd and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson? Interested to see where this goes - and I am anxious to hear the WR plan for the rest of the season sans Moss. Moss has been a pretty good player for the Pats - and while the media loves to bash him, I agree with Brady - he works hard and is a good team mate. However, I am not horrified by the trade talk.  If they have a plan. If this is just dump Mos and figure it out later - I would be a little bit perturbed. But I have to think there is another part of the plan not yet revealed.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

A 2nd and 5th wouldn't be bad I guess but if they were willing to give a 2nd and 3rd for a player that can't even start for 4 games after he is traded maybe they'd be willing to make that 5th to a conditional 3rd-5th pick based on receptions and how far they make it in the post season. Say a 5th for under 30 catches and they miss the playoffs, a 4th if he gets between 30-60 catches and they make the playoffs, and a 3rd if he gets over 60 catches and they make it to the NFC Championship

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Damn ! I was happy for 20 hours and this breaks !!!

The only way this would make sense for me is if we get a Defensive Stud somehow (not next year, but  NOW!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from azredsoxnation. Show azredsoxnation's posts

A 3rd Round pick for Moss? Maybe we would resign Chad Jackson. He was a 2nd Round pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Now we know why they did not pass to Moss last night.  They did not want him to get hurt and screw up the trade.  They will settle for a draft pick, which unless a 1st or 2nd has the chance to be worth nothing.
    I guess they do not think that the Dolphins double teaming Moss had anything to do with other players being open.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I love these runors,  with only half the information.  I will reserve judgement when I hear what the Partiots get in return. In the mean time why aren't the Patriot's working on trading  Logan Mankins?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

well a few years back when i first found this site and we first got randy some used the story of the scorpion that in the end stabs the frog in the back and kills him even after the frog helped him. guy couldnt have been more right. i just dont understand this. our d is shaky along with our run and now wes will be doubled and no one to stretch the field besides maybe tate with his quickness. unless we get a 3rd (the already supposed pick) and like the D end next to allen i think his name is edwards than this is a mistake

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbouton. Show pbouton's posts

I’ve been a Pats fan for well over 25 years now and I’ve supported them through miserable season after miserable season, but I think trading Moss may be it for me.  All Belichick seems to want to do lately is trade assets which can help the team now for draft picks which may eventually help them sometime in the future.  What about winning now?  Is he really ready to write off the season just when things are starting to look up?  Brady isn’t getting any younger.  How many more seasons does Belichick think he can throw away before Brady starts to decline?

His personnel strategies, which once seemed brilliant, are just getting more ridiculous every year.  He trades up and down the board for little to no apparent gain, he passes on quality players, and he compiles more picks then he can possibly expect to make the team.  It seems as if he’s trying to “win” the draft, like the Redskins try to “win” free agency every year.  It hasn’t worked for them, and it’s not working for the Pats.  Ask yourself seriously, has all this trading made the team any better?  How long has it been since you went into a season really believing that the team was better than the previous year?

It’s clear that trading Randy now would be a sign that they don’t believe they can win this year, so they’re not going to try.  Ok, maybe I should start watching again when they start trying.  Maybe that’s when I should start buying merchandise and tickets again.  I can deal with losing, but I can’t deal with quitting.  And that’s what this feels like.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

what else can bb do in a situation like this, his best wideout asked for a trade in week one than they had a "verbal encounter" after the game last night, tough place to be for the old head ballcoach but im sure he will do what is best for his team we just have to wait i guess

Sections
Shortcuts