Moss trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainevent1836. Show mainevent1836's posts

Re: Moss trade??

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...relax people! Is Randy Moss a talent, yes. Does he draw double teams that many other receivers don't, yes. Can the Pats win without him, yes.

We hear in New England tend to fall in love with players, and whine, whine, whine went that player is traded or signs else where...its time that we act as adults, support out team and enjoy the ride. Because guess what, we have an awesome team in front of us that will continue to get better. Our coach and owner is all about winning and doing what's best for the team. We may not see it as so, but they are not going to do anything that is detrimental to team. After all they have more to lose by things going wrong then we do, they have way more invested into it. So Relax and enjoy the experience, whether moss is here or not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Moss trade??:
    [QUOTE]I’ve been a Pats fan for well over 25 years now and I’ve supported them through miserable season after miserable season, but I think trading Moss may be it for me.   All Belichick seems to want to do lately is trade assets which can help the team now for draft picks which may eventually help them sometime in the future.   What about winning now?   Is he really ready to write off the season just when things are starting to look up?   Brady isn’t getting any younger.   How many more seasons does Belichick think he can throw away before Brady starts to decline? His personnel strategies, which once seemed brilliant, are just getting more ridiculous every year.   He trades up and down the board for little to no apparent gain, he passes on quality players, and he compiles more picks then he can possibly expect to make the team.   It seems as if he’s trying to “win” the draft, like the Redskins try to “win” free agency every year.   It hasn’t worked for them, and it’s not working for the Pats.   Ask yourself seriously, has all this trading made the team any better?   How long has it been since you went into a season really believing that the team was better than the previous year? It’s clear that trading Randy now would be a sign that they don’t believe they can win this year, so they’re not going to try.   Ok, maybe I should start watching again when they start trying.   Maybe that’s when I should start buying merchandise and tickets again.   I can deal with losing, but I can’t deal with quitting.   And that’s what this feels like.  
    Posted by pbouton[/QUOTE]

LOL!  They could have been 4-0 if it wasn't for trying to make Moss happy.....

I would love to see people like you, that say you have been fans for years and have forgotten that we had won without Moss and will still win without him....

People that thnk like you are pathetic pink hatters.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Don't don't don't please BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I buy a trade in the works. There seems to be too much momentum and smoke right now. I don't think it will be a for a 3rd as they would have got it anyway when Moss left after this year.
    I think it must be for a 2nd and possibly a late round pick. I would love if the Vikes threw in a player, but perhaps too rich given where Moss is in his career. 

If he leaves, he will be missed for sure. If the Pats do intend on trading him, I'm sure they ran it by Brady and asked what he thought of it. I can't see the Pats doing this deal given Brady's stature without at least consulting him. It seems like a while since we talked at all about Taylor Price. Has he been quietly working with Brady and the team and perhaps ready to be inserted? I know he is and will never be RMoss, but he has speed and could fill the outside position. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think the Moss situation will only get worse if he stays.
    He he had words with Belichick then he is all but gone.
    I have been thinking it, but have said nothing, but Moss has not been catching balls he should catch. I think it has been on purpose.
    Then last night they don't even throw to him.
    I wish we could get a pass rusher from a team, but doubt it happens.
    Are the Pats talking w/other teams? Shouldnt they for maximum value?
    Maybe the Eagles would want him. Maybe the Boys?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

This rumor was started by ESPN.com writer Bill Simmons when he accidentally posted a Twitter  earlier Tuesday night about the possibility of the NFL superstar rejoining his former team.
     "Rumors swirling about a Pats-Minny trade for Randy Moss," he tweeted. He soon deleted the tweet and said that it was supposed to be a private message, "Sorry that last tweet was supposed to be a DM. 
     So Simmons sends a private twitter about some Rumors and then the dorks at Fox sports and the Boston Herald run with it as if it was a fact. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : LOL!  They could have been 4-0 if it wasn't for trying to make Moss happy..... I would love to see people like you, that say you have been fans for years and have forgotten that we had won without Moss and will still win without him.... People that thnk like you are pathetic pink hatters.....
    Posted by m1023us[/QUOTE]

What planet are you on m1023us ?  Why does it always have to be "troll" vs " "homer"? People take a step back and take an honest assesment of the moves, draft picks etc!www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=fd941afc064dbf7e876790adfeeb12fd&plckUserId=fd941afc064dbf7e876790adfeeb12fd" target="_parent">

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]I’ve been a Pats fan for well over 25 years now and I’ve supported them through miserable season after miserable season, but I think trading Moss may be it for me.   All Belichick seems to want to do lately is trade assets which can help the team now for draft picks which may eventually help them sometime in the future.   What about winning now?   Is he really ready to write off the season just when things are starting to look up?   Brady isn’t getting any younger.   How many more seasons does Belichick think he can throw away before Brady starts to decline? His personnel strategies, which once seemed brilliant, are just getting more ridiculous every year.   He trades up and down the board for little to no apparent gain, he passes on quality players, and he compiles more picks then he can possibly expect to make the team.   It seems as if he’s trying to “win” the draft, like the Redskins try to “win” free agency every year.   It hasn’t worked for them, and it’s not working for the Pats.   Ask yourself seriously, has all this trading made the team any better?   How long has it been since you went into a season really believing that the team was better than the previous year? It’s clear that trading Randy now would be a sign that they don’t believe they can win this year, so they’re not going to try.   Ok, maybe I should start watching again when they start trying.   Maybe that’s when I should start buying merchandise and tickets again.   I can deal with losing, but I can’t deal with quitting.   And that’s what this feels like.  
    Posted by pbouton[/QUOTE] 

First off.... you say you've struggled being a pats fan?  Stuck it out through thick and thin have you?  We dominated the last DECADE...we became a dynasty and are now considered an elite football team.  The last time we didnt make the playoffs was when Tom hurt his knee and we still went 11-5 with our backup QB. 

Your going to stop buying all their merchandise? Well for starters I doubt you buy a ton of it anyways and secondly I doubt your going to convince Kraft not to trade Randy by removing your hundred bucks from his merch counter lol.  We traded down for Devin Mcourty when everyone else wanted us to get Dez Bryant.. looks like that worked for us.  If you had any sense my friend you would see that 3.. 1st round draft picks next year is going to set us up to go on another Decade Dominating spree.

Randy Moss is OLD.  He's good, he's fun to watch, I like everything about him.. but how many more years does he have?  The pats know when to trade guys and know when to stop paying guys.  Richard Seymour.. If the pats get a 1st rounder for Moss Im thrilled, if we get a 2nd and a 3rd Ill deal with it.. If we end up with a 3rd and anything else Im gonna be mad, but your not going to be a fan anymore?? You dont sound like a very good fan to start with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

time to give it to the old lady and go to bed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

DO NOT TRADE RANDY, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : What planet are you on m1023us ?  Why does it always have to be "troll" vs " "homer"? People take a step back and take an honest assesment of the moves, draft picks etc! www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=fd941afc064dbf7e876790adfeeb12fd&plckUserId=fd941afc064dbf7e876790adfeeb12fd " target="_parent" />
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

People are thinking very irrationately and it is pathetic....it is like when the morons that wanted to trade Brady and keep Cassel....

Brady is clearly a better QB without Moss....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Lousy idea...real lousy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Every player has a price.  I can't judge this until the deal is done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Moss is still quite good, but he's no longer Mister Incredible on the field.  People are guarding him.

More to the point, few people are able to guard Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman and Aaron Hernandez.  Nobody is able to guard Wes Welker without double coverage.  Gronk and Woodhead can sort of be guarded, sort of not.  Taylor Price is coming along and will push for some field time by November.  This team could see a rash of injuries at wideout if they trade Moss, but that's far from a sure bet.

So the question is, if Moss is disrupting a young team, why not trade him?  The big question is, what will Minnesota offer for him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Every player has a price.  I can't judge this until the deal is done.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Yes...and Mike Reiss is speculating that trading Moss would be comparable to the Pats' trading Seymour to the Raiders...and that the price would be a #1 pick: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4684669/projecting-the-pats-thinking-with-moss  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

crazy! best offensive player. needs extention.  hope this is just to light a fire under Randy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? : If it's a 3rd rounder as originally speculated the Pats are getting robbed and should not make the move. M Lynch just got  4th and 6th from Seattle. Moss is just..you know...just a tad better. If they give us a #1 pick it would make it a little easier to swallow.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I heard a few different things.

Players possible: Bernard Berrian and Ray Edwards
    Picks possible: 2nd and 3rd

some combo of above. a 1st round pick is not likely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsCar. Show SportsCar's posts

If the Patriots trade Randy Moss, They will say good bye to this season, because Teams will doulble up on Welker and no matter how many good rookie players the Pats have, it won't be enough to beat the good teams that remain on there schedule.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]If it is Moss for Ray Edwards I'd be thrilled. I agree trading Moss isn't te end of the world, but giving Minny an al-pro receiver and getting a future mid-round pick is not good.
    Posted by matty37111[/QUOTE]

1) minn would be so foolish to give up edwards for moss
    2) edwards is a good pass rusher but not necessarily a fit for olb

i agree trading moss is not the end of the world.  but gerhart for moss and a #2  is silly because the pats already have 2 picks inthe round of what is percieved to be a draft that is weak and/or not deep (addressing other posters - not you). imy guess depending on whether there is a rookie salary cap, i am sure that bb is going to trade one or two of the first four picks.

having him around should not hurt them either . ultimately, tb decides whether he forces the ball to moss and bb decides if moss is even on the field. i think last game changes moss' role in the team, but i believe that there will games when his talent would be the key to winning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss trade?? :      If this trade goes down, it's because Moss forced it. Then again, I believe that BB would willingly trade anybody other than Tom Brady, so long as he could get back a second round pick. One year soon, the Pats are going to play with Tom Brady, and a team made up entirely of free agents. Then, in the upcoming draft for the next season, they'll end up owning every pick in round two...LOL!!!  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

That was f-ing hilarious. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Look, I didn't like all of the draft day trades either.  I hated the trade of Vrabel.  I will hate to see Moss leave too.  However, the Pats had a lot of aging players on their team.  They clearly wanted to reload the team.  They could have done what most teams do and try to reload in piecemeal fashion, but they didn't.  If you count the picks we get next year, BB will have infused the team with so much young talent that I dare say it is unprecedented in the modern era.  This will be a case study for other GM's looking to reload their rosters.

Is it really possible to look at our team and not notice how many promising young players we have now?  No way we would have all of these guys without all of the trades.  Nope, BB is putting on a clinic for other GM's right now.

Finally, the report is that Moss' agent first asked the Pats for a trade, and not the other way around.  Moss wants an extension, wherever he can get it.  BB probably knows Moss' history and that you can't force him to be a happy player.  He's getting what he can before Moss acts up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

What is Moss worth?  Is a receiver who had 23 TDs in '07 someone who should not be traded?

after 4 games in '07:
    31 catches, 505 yards, 7 TDs

this year:
    9 catches, 139 yards, 3 TDs

For all the undrafted free agent jokes, I think these current numbers could be matched by an undrafted free agent (provided Tom Brady is your QB.)

And I think part of the change in his numbers is a result of a change in approach by the offense, but it's not going to change and it gives the team a better shot at winning.  If Moss was willing to have a role in it, then I don't think they would trade him.  But he has a right to prefer straight cash, and I have a right to prefer player who want to play in NE and win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NFL-Observer10. Show NFL-Observer10's posts

[QUOTE]Take Minnesota's pick and package it with another pick for Vincent Jackson. Give him the money that Mankins apparently does not want. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I agree with this point. Take Minnesota's 3rd with our second(not the #2 from Carolina) and trade for Vincent Jackson. He's bigger, stronger and 6 years younger. Moss can be very disruptive when he's angry, sounds like he has to go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]The only way I'd consider this is Moss for Jared Allen, straight up. Since that isn't even a cosideration, it wouldn't be worth it. Moss needs to stay a PAT.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

I agree Moss for Jared Allen or Adrian Peterson otherwise no way. This team needs to get stronger not weaker and they have more than enough stockpiled draft picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Wow, Randy Moss actually lasted 3 years on a team.  LOL, I tried to tell you guys this would happen, didn't I??  Over and over again.  I said it was a matter of time before he'd either quit or ask to be traded.  Everyone here said I was crazy.  OK.

This is his M.O., and so the pattern repeats itself.