Moss vs Ocho poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Re: Moss vs Ocho poll

Those comments from TB don't seem to favor Ocho. Maybe Moss can help Ocho. After all, he is "one of the smartest players" BB has ever coached....I'm having a hard time believing Moss has nothing to add to this team....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Moss vs Ocho poll:
    [QUOTE]Those comments from TB don't seem to favor Ocho. Maybe Moss can help Ocho. After all, he is "one of the smartest players" BB has ever coached....I'm having a hard time believing Moss has nothing to add to this team....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is what Brady had to say about the possible return of Randy Moss:
         "You never know in the NFL,” Brady told WEEI. “I love Randy, he’s one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game, one of the greatest players I’ve had a chance to play with. But unfortunately, I don’t make personnel decisions. If I did, I’d still have all my friends here — Troy (Brown), David Patten, Deion (Branch) would have never left. I’ve seen so many guys move on, some come back. … But I don’t know (if he’ll play again). Who knows? I can’t get into his brain. I love the guy, he’s a great friend of mine, and if he ever did come back and play, I’d welcome him with open arms.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Moss vs. Ocho?...tought to answer. If Ocho had familliarity with the system and comfort with Brady, I'd prefer Ocho at this point. The last we saw of Randy, he seemed pretty 1 dimensional. And the 1 dimension wasn't enough anymore to demand double teams and careful attention.
    Take a guy like Ocho. if he learns the system, gets comfortable with Brady and loosens up, I like that fact that he is more versatile in this point of his career, and is a willing blocker (missed one in preseason) and willing to give hi body up to go over the middle.
    If Price catches on, he becomes the deep threat. Not saying Price demands double teams, but I think at this point in time, he probably has a bit more speed than Randy to stretch it.

of course, all this is taken with a grain of salt....if Ocho is not producing by week 6, perhaps I give Randy a sniff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

THis is all over the news, and speculation that the comments were a shot at Ocho (Skip Bayless)  which is just stupid. Brady is not like that. Every word he utters is now scrutinized by the media hoping to turn nothing into something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

According to my sources Moss and Bill O'Brien went chest to chest during the Monday night game in Miami last season because Randy was mouthing off how he needed the ball while coaches were trying to make halftime adjustments, they had to be pulled apart by other players.  Moss is gone the next day.

Moss's skills didn't deteriorate, he made that amazing one handed catch against Revis (who decided at that moment to pull up lame) in the opener against the Jests, the league took notice and Moss was used as a decoy for the remainder of the season.  He wasn't happy playing decoy because he was in a contract year and (in his mind and maybe his agents?) had to produce.  He did what any player typically does and became a malcontent, ended up a Titan, then a Viking, realized what a titanic mistake he had made and is now retired.

I have strong doubts BB will hire back a player who squared off with one of his coaches, even if Moss has tried to make amends since then...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That's a great point Wozzy. I don't nkow how BB or any other HC can "forgive", forget and welcome back with open arms a player (even elite), that went toe to toe with one of his coaches. That is unacceptable.period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

All time Moss. Right now Ocho. 
    I'm a Brady worshiper but I think saying he would welcome Moss with open arms is more personal than professional. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Wozzy, I respect your opinion. You're one of the more intelligent people around here. This time, I disagree. I get that Randy mouthing off to one of Hoody's coaches is bad but let's face it: there's not a single player in that locker room that hasn't had at least one heated exchange with Belichick or one of his staff members. If you're not making plays or being put in position to make plays, you're going to voice that one way or another, contract year or not. That's just being a competitor. If you're not mouthing off, I'd be concerned.

I was at that Miami game. 3rd row, 50 yard line. I saw two different teams. First half I saw Randy leading the huddle. Second half, I saw Randy standing to the side with only Brady next to him.

The fact that Brady came out today and said he'd welcome Moss back with open arms is a message. I know they're friends. If Moss told Brady that I'd love to be back and I'm willing to take whatever the team gives me, this could be Brady putting it out there. Plus, it could happen after week 1 when Moss' contract wouldn't be guaranteed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

11:30 am eastern time

Okay, this is the last one of these I post.  I was very curious to see what the fans thought.  Thats a lot of votes.  Now out of those 5,974 people who voted none of them are BB nor have the insight or pulse of the team that BB has. 

While I think it is very important to have a deep threat line up out there on game day, Moss is the only one that is really available to do that and draw the defense attention that he does.  He knows the system, he knows the team and players, this is what we need, IMO.  Now of course Moss would have to check his pride at the door and go along with the game plan meaning some targets in some games and no targets in other games.  Not sure if he could do it but I would sure like to see BB and Moss get together and try.

And as far as his argument with Bill O'Brien, you can't do that to your coach but with the way I have questioned O'Briens play calling in the past it was probably well deserved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

1347 days since the Pats have won a playoff game. PLEASE MR. KRAFT BRING BACK RANDY, OUR WR'S( except Welker) suck dog dokey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]IMO Moss didn't produce last season because he didn't feel like trying, not because his skills have diminished. And it seems like he really wants to go back to the Pats, at least from what I've been hearing....
    Posted by aytee[/QUOTE]

and if Brady says that he'd like to see Moss come back to the Pat's this year, then there must be a pretty good reason that Brady is saying that, so management had better pay attention to what Brady is saying and bring Moss back ASAP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss vs Ocho poll : and if Brady says that he'd like to see Moss come back to the Pat's this year, then there must be a pretty good reason that Brady is saying that, management had better pay attention to what Brady is saying and bring Moss back ASAP.
    Posted by lucbom[/QUOTE]

he DID NOT say he would like him back he said" IF he came back i'd welcome him with open arms"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]Moss older at 60% and Ocho younger at 80% no contest Moss everyday and twice on Sunday.  The Pats have enough short route runner,  they need a ddep threat.
    Posted by creiner812[/QUOTE]

Yep.  I agree.  I think Tom's comment this morning on Randy is an indicator that he would have prefered keeping Randy, so whatever percieved problems people have conjectured about Randy, (with little if any solid information) in the clubhouse, doesn't appear to be any big deal with Tom.

I think a re-signed Randy would work hard to shake the reputation that he got after he was traded.  I'm hopeful, but by no means certain, that Randy would be more concerned about how his legacy ends rather than just earning a paycheck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Randy Moss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]If ocho stops dropping passes I'm fine with our current recievers. If ocho continues to butter fingers his way through the offense, he needs to be cut and someone else needs to come in.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

It would also be nice if he finished his routes.  Route running was supposed to be one of Ocho's strong suits.  To date, I'm not impressed.  There doesn't seem to be much chemistry between Tom & Ocho. Randy knew how to adjust to Tom the same way Wes does.

What I'd really like to see is Alge coming back.

He did a great job keeping Tom safe last year when they started keeping him in as a blocker.  While Alge didn't have great receiving stats, he didn't need to.  He taught the two rookies the importance of hitting, blocking & receiving, how not to be one dimensional. When you see an old vet like Alge blocking, it sets a great tone.

I know Gronk's brother just signed, but I still want the experienced vet in there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

All of this Moss talk could be academic, if Ochocincho plays well in Miami.

Does anyone think it's possible that the Pats will bring Moss back, and pair him with Ochocincho?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Wozzy, I respect your opinion. You're one of the more intelligent people around here. This time, I disagree. I get that Randy mouthing off to one of Hoody's coaches is bad but let's face it: there's not a single player in that locker room that hasn't had at least one heated exchange with Belichick or one of his staff members. If you're not making plays or being put in position to make plays, you're going to voice that one way or another, contract year or not. That's just being a competitor. If you're not mouthing off, I'd be concerned. I was at that Miami game. 3rd row, 50 yard line. I saw two different teams. First half I saw Randy leading the huddle. Second half, I saw Randy standing to the side with only Brady next to him. The fact that Brady came out today and said he'd welcome Moss back with open arms is a message. I know they're friends. If Moss told Brady that I'd love to be back and I'm willing to take whatever the team gives me, this could be Brady putting it out there. Plus, it could happen after week 1 when Moss' contract wouldn't be guaranteed.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Hey I didn't say it wouldn't happen, just that this is what you'd have to overlook/forgive as a coach...

Sections
Shortcuts