Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team....

I can't imagine any team taking Moss off waivers after being kicked off two teams in one season.  If you take him off waivers you will be responsible for 3.6 million for the year.  If you sign him after waivers, it will only cost you 450 grand, a very low risk.

Also, you wouldn't want to take Moss on a team, Moss didn't want to go to, he'll just act up again.   You have to hope you're a playoff contender like the Chiefs, with a QB with a history of Moss, and hopefully Moss plays hard for 8 games and maybe helps win a game or two in the playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team....

In Response to Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team....:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine any team taking Moss off waivers after being kicked off two teams in one season.  If you take him off waivers you will be responsible for 3.6 million for the year.  If you sign him after waivers, it will only cost you 450 grand, a very low risk. Also, you wouldn't want to take Moss on a team, Moss didn't want to go to, he'll just act up again.   You have to hope you're a playoff contender like the Chiefs, with a QB with a history of Moss, and hopefully Moss plays hard for 8 games and maybe helps win a game or two in the playoffs. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

Understand your reasoning, DO, but the talent is too attractive for 31 teams to pass on. Someone will be desperate enough to take a flyer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I agree with u that any team claiming moss besides the Patriots is beyond stupid, but guess what, the seahawks are already talking to Moss' agent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd like to see him clear waivers only to screw Childress a little more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team....:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see him clear waivers only to screw Childress a little more.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

and sign with Green Bay hahaha. even id love that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team.... : and sign with Green Bay hahaha. even id love that
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Now THAT would be seriously funny, btown! The Pack has a bye this week, then their next game is in Minny. Picture Moss coming back and torching Chilly for 2 TDs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team.... : Now THAT would be seriously funny, btown! The Pack has a bye this week, then their next game is in Minny. Picture Moss coming back and torching Chilly for 2 TDs.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

I might actually die laughing if this happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team.... : and sign with Green Bay hahaha. even id love that
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

LOL..  with their injured they might just do that if they get a chance.
    If the Packers don't do it and gets down to the Pats turn I would not mind him back. Besides the Pats would have gotten a free draft pick . 
    Ask Welker if he'de take him back .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I can't imagine any owner wanting to risk 3.6 million for half a season on WR who has been kicked off two teams in one season, especially for a guy who is a locker room cancer, bashes the organization to the media, and is lazy.

I would also love Moss to clear waivers so the Vikings have to eat that extra 3.6 million for him.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

[QUOTE]If the Packers don't do it and gets down to the Pats turn I would not mind him back. Besides the Pats would have gotten a free draft pick .  Ask Welker if he'de take him back .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

One thing is impossible.  The Pats taking him in waivers.  As they are the last team in waivers and the most likely to sign him after, there is absolutely no reason to claim him in waivers, it would be like throwing away $3 million.

There are only 2 teams in the league that Moss could play for - The Vikings and the Patriots.  The Vikings are clearly out.

Every other team is either not in the playoff hunt where he won't go, fragilely in the playoff hunt and can't take on a Moss and break that fragility or the Jets and don't need receivers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Patriots wouldn't take him back for several reasons even for the reduced fee of 450 grand (unless there was an injury.)  We need to let Tate develop as a deep threat, he has that Randy Moss type speed, he just needs more experience.  Plus we've got Branch, Welker, Eldeman, Grokowski, Woodhead, and Hernandez to throw the ball to.   I'd rather have those guys, who are going to give 110 percent than Randy Moss who is one bad game away from saying screw you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team.... : I might actually die laughing if this happened.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

But not until he moons the Vikings fans, LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As much as I would like to see Moss back here, there is no chance that it will happen!!!  There is at least one team out there who will take a chance on him, no way does he make it past the waiver period. 

Again, and I repeat, I would not put it past Rex and the Jets to put in a waiver slip just o make sure Moss doesn't return to the Patriots.  They will figure if he joins them then great, if not then at least NE wont get him.  Rex is still butt sore about Bill signing Woodhead and using him correctly and making him a star and Rex look like a fool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I do think Moss' history will deter any team from claiming him without getting a nod beforehand from Moss's agent.  Moss is exactly the type of guy who would stink up the joint if he doesn't want to be somewhere.

Any team that claims him will have had some lengthy discussions with Moss first.

I also think he clears waivers, and then is contacted by interested teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I do think Moss' history will deter any team from claiming him without getting a nod beforehand from Moss's agent.  Moss is exactly the type of guy who would stink up the joint if he doesn't want to be somewhere. Any team that claims him will have had some lengthy discussions with Moss first. I also think he clears waivers, and then is contacted by interested teams.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but apparently, NFL rules prohibit the player or agent to come in contact with any team while he's on waivers. Interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If Mankins can come back after all he said in the pre-season...  why not Moss to the Pats with a heaping serving of humble pie?  Ya never know.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss Will Clear Waivers Then Sign With Another Team.... : One thing is impossible.  The Pats taking him in waivers.  As they are the last team in waivers and the most likely to sign him after, there is absolutely no reason to claim him in waivers, it would be like throwing away $3 million. There are only 2 teams in the league that Moss could play for - The Vikings and the Patriots.  The Vikings are clearly out. Every other team is either not in the playoff hunt where he won't go, fragilely in the playoff hunt and can't take on a Moss and break that fragility or the Jets and don't need receivers.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

True although if he does end up a Patriot again the titles would read" Belichick hoodwinks the Vikings !! "

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

u know at first i was all for bringing Moss back bc I was a huge supporter of his here, but now i think im ready to move on from him.

We are 3-0 without him and playing great football. The offense is scrappy and fights like they havent fought in years. 

I wouldnt be upset if he came back, but I really don't think we need him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He more than likely will not clear waivers,but should he clear waivers and the patriots are into really putting the fire to Chilly then it would be a wonderful thing to sign Randy for the remainder of the season. Brad Childress thought he was being cute when he took Garrett Mills off the waiver wire, how sweet would it be to sign Randy to a free agent contract after he clears waivers and make the Vikings pay the freight ? Oh and then use their 3rd round pick for a player Chilly truly wanted....Irony!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This will surely to interesting to watch.  I did like Moss, but I'm also starting to like the team we currently have a lot too.  Those deep balls to Moss were making me cringe each time they were thrown.  I think our future is with the players we already have.